Movie Forums (http://www.movieforums.com/community/index.php)
-   Upcoming Movies & Sequels (http://www.movieforums.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Alice in Wonderland 2: Through the Looking Glass (http://www.movieforums.com/community/showthread.php?t=36117)

jrs 06-19-14 08:24 PM

Alice in Wonderland 2: Through the Looking Glass

Alice in Wonderland 2: Through the Looking Glass

Release Date: May 27, 2016
Studio: Walt Disney Pictures
Director: James Bobin
Screenwriter: Linda Woolverton
Starring: Johnny Depp, Mia Wasikowska, Helena Bonham Carter, Sacha Baron Cohen, Rhys Ifans

The Rodent 06-19-14 08:26 PM

Re: Alice in Wonderland 2: Through the Looking Glass

Really?

The first one wasn't that good,
at best... hard to believe they're going for a second helping.

jrs 06-19-14 08:39 PM

Originally Posted by The Rodent (Post 1106881)
Really?

The first one wasn't that good,
at best... hard to believe they're going for a second helping.
If the first does well. they usually go for a second. It made 334,191,110 domestically and 691,276,000 internationally. Woldwide it made over a billion plus with home video it made plenty more. That's Hollywood for ya.

jrs 11-02-15 03:39 AM

You can see the first Alice through the Looking Glass footage here. A brief glance at what they showed to the audience at this year's D23

Also the first poster....

ursaguy 11-02-15 08:20 AM

Ay, they still released footage from this before Captain America 3. I don't think I've ever seen the first one, and I doubt I ever will.

mistique 11-02-15 09:15 AM

Interesting.

Friendly Mushroom! 11-02-15 09:16 AM

Ugh

Nausicaä 11-13-15 09:15 AM

Enjoyed the first film a lot, so I'll be seeing this one. :D

http://media.giphy.com/media/OjX7Y59GFlMo8/giphy.gif

MovieMeditation 11-13-15 09:37 AM

Trailer was released a few days ago, but I don't see it posted here, so here ya go:

http://youtu.be/OiEG3Zr_Jxs

to hell with others opinion, I'm watching this! :up:

SuB 11-14-15 02:39 AM

Even though I liked the first one, a part of me really wishes that they had really twisted Alice in Wonderland's story to a more extreme degree, like both of American McGee's video games. That was probably never a possibility considering the fact that Disney is behind the project, but it would have been nice to see a darker version of Wonderland and its inhabitants, as well as Alice's psychological state degrading as the movie progresses.
It would have been interesting to see a more thriller/horror movie approach towards the source material, as it has been proved that the results are pretty amazing. Tim Burton's version of Alice in Wonderland gives me the feeling of being PG-13 dark and that potential was wasted with the idea (and I strongly doubt that this upcoming movie will change that).
Still, I'm looking forward to the release of this film, as the first one was pretty creative nonetheless and was definetely entertaining.:up::)

edarsenal 11-14-15 11:24 AM

I'm a fan of the first one and I'll definitely be watching this one

Thanks for the post

jrs 11-14-15 07:07 PM

I'll catch this when it arrives on RedBox or something.

The Rodent 05-31-16 06:06 PM

News in... the movie has bombed on its opening weekend.

The opening weekend, the film has taken $30m. The entire budget came to $170m... Depp was reportedly paid $60m...

Not looking good if they haven't even recovered the fee they paid for one actor.

Sexy Celebrity 05-31-16 06:12 PM

Good. That'll teach that annoying Tim Burton and his Johnny Depp/Helena Bonham Carter posse.

Gideon58 05-31-16 07:00 PM

Originally Posted by The Rodent (Post 1524701)
Depp was reportedly paid $60m...

$60 million for one movie? That's obscene.

NedStark09 05-31-16 07:44 PM

This movie mistake and disneys was opening bewteen Angry Birds and X-Men Apocolypse. Its failure is not because of Depps Divorce woes but bad marketing for the movie. Also speaking of Depps Daughter and Her mother both speak too Amber Heards abuse claims as being untrue because thats just not him when he is home and in private.

Topsy 05-31-16 07:53 PM

yeah i hadnt even heard of it till recently,so defo bad marketing.

CiCi 05-31-16 07:55 PM

I've seen about one, 5 second long advert for it on TV and that's it. It doesn't help that Through the Looking Glass is significantly less popular than Wonderland as it is.

Gatsby 05-31-16 08:36 PM

Originally Posted by Gideon58 (Post 1524814)
$60 million for one movie? That's obscene.
No wonder Depp is so lousy in his performances these days. He knows that all he has to do is occasionally lift a finger, and people will send him millions of dollars.

Also, has anyone read Matt Zoller Seitz's review of the film? Absolutely gorgeous.