Movie Forums (http://www.movieforums.com/community/index.php)
-   General Movie Discussion (http://www.movieforums.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Before Watching the Dark knight rises . . . (http://www.movieforums.com/community/showthread.php?t=29168)

Tango 07-31-12 06:44 PM

Before Watching the Dark knight rises . . .

Should I watch the other batman movies first? some freinds just think I should go but i was wondering if there was much point without seeing the other first.

Yoda 07-31-12 06:45 PM

Re: Before Watching the Dark knight rises . . .

Yes. There are many references and connections to the previous films that will lose a lot of their impact otherwise.

The Prestige 07-31-12 06:46 PM

Absolutely. It all comes full circle.

Tango 07-31-12 06:49 PM

Well thank you, i have a negbiour next door with his own blockbowstur. lol. not re4ally but he tons of movies, i'm gonna run over and see if i can borrow them.

Tango 07-31-12 07:08 PM

Well I have the movies but i forgit what order he said to wahct them in, I have the the dark night, batmam forever and batman begins. i wannget started on them right away for tomerrow. I better get some pop corn on lol

Slimgee55 07-31-12 07:09 PM

Definitely!! I saw the Dark Knight Rises movie marathon where they play all three in a row! It was definitely worth it and I'm so glad I did. Seeing all three (especially in a row) helps you understand the overall picture!

Slimgee55 07-31-12 07:09 PM

Watch Batman Begins then Dark Knight and you'll be set

PeterVincent 08-01-12 04:14 AM

Even if you've seen [/b]Batman Begins[/b] I recommend you re-watch it before hand because it references and relies on Begins more than The Dark Knight and it's a great movie...so...win win.

WinterSky 08-01-12 06:35 PM

So what order do you guys think is the best of this trilogy? Rotten tomatoes is very iffy about Rises, so I'm unsure if I should even finish the trilogy.

The Rodent 08-01-12 06:44 PM

You should defo watch all three in order matey. Don't miss the third film just because of a bad review on Rotten 'know nothing' Tomatoes.
There's many movies they've slammed over the years that I'd give a mark near 90%.

If you've already seen the first two, defo watch TDKR when you get the chance.

Equilibrium 08-02-12 06:37 PM

Originally Posted by WinterSky (Post 832765)
So what order do you guys think is the best of this trilogy? Rotten tomatoes is very iffy about Rises, so I'm unsure if I should even finish the trilogy.
Lol...anything on Rt > 85% can not be considered "iffy"

70% is "iffy"