Movie Forums (http://www.movieforums.com/community/index.php)
-   The Television & Music Forum (http://www.movieforums.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Slow Horses (http://www.movieforums.com/community/showthread.php?t=66733)

WrinkledMind 08-24-22 05:05 AM

https://youtube.com/watch?v=O9ZJChzPn0U

Excellent dark comedic spy series based on The Slough House book series by Mick Herron.

They have already shot the second season and have been renewed for two more at least.

Stirchley 08-24-22 01:51 PM

Re: Slow Horses

I have this show in my watchlist. Looks terrific.

Stirchley 11-14-22 01:43 PM

Terrific six-parter. Season 2 starts December 2. Really really enjoyed this & highly recommend it.

Stirchley 12-07-22 01:52 PM

Originally Posted by Stirchley (Post 2346353)
Terrific six-parter. Season 2 starts December 2. Really really enjoyed this & highly recommend it.
Liking season 2 so far.

WrinkledMind 12-13-22 04:18 AM

Originally Posted by Stirchley (Post 2351223)
Liking season 2 so far.
That's good to know.

I am waiting for all the episodes to drop. Like always, I don't have anything to do on New Years eve. The season two will be my New Year's party.

Stirchley 12-14-22 01:37 PM

Originally Posted by WrinkledMind (Post 2352474)
That's good to know.

I am waiting for all the episodes to drop. Like always, I don't have anything to do on New Years eve. The season two will be my New Year's party.
For sure I won’t have anything to do on NY Eve & that’s the way I like it. :cool:

WrinkledMind 01-01-23 03:11 PM

I just finished watching the last two episodes.

Season two is just as fun as the first. Maybe more, because it got darker & because of that mid-season shock.

Loved Saskia Reeves getting more to do as Standish. Such a likeable character.

The fact that we got to see the teaser of the third season is nice. Can't wait for it.

AgrippinaX 01-01-23 03:14 PM

Reminds me I need to watch this. Gary rocks.

Stirchley 01-02-23 01:18 PM

Originally Posted by WrinkledMind (Post 2358175)
I just finished watching the last two episodes.

Season two is just as fun as the first. Maybe more, because it got darker & because of that mid-season shock.

Loved Saskia Reeves getting more to do as Standish. Such a likeable character.

The fact that we got to see the teaser of the third season is nice. Can't wait for it.
Yeah, season 2 is brilliant. I love Standish being a spy now! She’s one of my faves. Even Roddy got a “mission”. The guy playing River is so handsome. Love watching him.

Seeing the trailer was fun. Only show that had two seasons in a single year + a season 3 trailer. It’s crazy. :p

WrinkledMind 11-10-23 12:33 AM

Yes, please. Can't wait.

https://youtu.be/HLVg_D1cznE?si=38CYG4QYcVehVjKr

If something bad happens to Standish, I will be upset.

Stirchley 11-10-23 12:40 PM

Originally Posted by WrinkledMind (Post 2422116)
If something bad happens to Standish, I will be upset.
I will not allow anything bad to happen to Standish.

Season 3 drops November 29. Yay!

Yoda 11-28-23 12:55 PM

Started this, three episodes in, really digging it. No surprise, I love the understated le Carré style of spy thriller (though after the first episode it gets a lot less understated). And yeah Oldman's great, no surprise there either.

Gonna keep flying through this at the rate of an episode or two per day, so should be done in a couple of weeks.

Stirchley 11-29-23 01:50 PM

Originally Posted by Yoda (Post 2425204)
Started this, three episodes in, really digging it. No surprise, I love the understated le Carré style of spy thriller (though after the first episode it gets a lot less understated). And yeah Oldman's great, no surprise there either.

Gonna keep flying through this at the rate of an episode or two per day, so should be done in a couple of weeks.
Brilliant show. My fave character is probably the young guy (too lazy to look up his name) who keeps messing up. I also really like the computer guy. He’s so weird.

Did you like the new version (a few years ago) of the Tinker Taylor movie with Oldman & Cumberbatch, et al? I love that movie.

Yoda 11-29-23 02:08 PM

I did enjoy that, yeah. Maybe not as much as I'd hoped, but quite good. Might be worth a rewatch, actually...

Stirchley 11-29-23 03:03 PM

Originally Posted by Yoda (Post 2425400)
I did enjoy that, yeah. Maybe not as much as I'd hoped, but quite good. Might be worth a rewatch, actually...
Definitely worth a rewatch.

Stirchley 12-01-23 01:57 PM

WARNING: spoilers below
Surely they didn’t permanently kill off the wonderful Katherine Waterston in the pilot of season 3?

During my walk today I decided there must be a back story for her & the man she was in bed with. So we’ll have flashbacks?

PS A LOT of running & chase scenes during season 3 so far. Might be good to tone those down a tad.

mrblond 12-18-23 05:56 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Discovered this series about ten days ago and after a week maraton, I've completed both, S01 and S02.
Gary Oldman role is a real cult.
Inbetween the scenes, it is sad to see how heavily the world political regime interfered Great Britain and almost ruined probably the last survived country.
How well the filmmakers juxtaposed the vilified football hooligans and poor KGB agents to the real evil. I wonder if the audience understand the message.

WrinkledMind 12-30-23 02:11 PM

I enjoyed this season, even if it felt a bit more action oriented instead of having the usual hush-hush spywork. Some of the things kinda felt over the top, which I expect in more outlandish spy action movies/series & not this.

There was little less of Jackson Lamb as well, as they gave more screen time to others. Nothing wrong in that.

WARNING: spoilers below

The scene at the petrol pump in the Final episode got to me. Probably because I care about Standish.

Lastly, I am excited about the villain in the fourth season.

GulfportDoc 12-30-23 08:00 PM

I enjoyed all 3 seasons. But I think they could make the Lamb character slightly less grungy without losing any of the impact of his character. It's a stretch to think that anyone like that in his position could exist. Oldman is a fine actor though.

Stirchley 01-01-24 12:28 PM

Originally Posted by mrblond (Post 2428242)
Discovered this series about ten days ago and after a week maraton, I've completed both, S01 and S02.
Gary Oldman role is a real cult.
Inbetween the scenes, it is sad to see how heavily the world political regime interfered Great Britain and almost ruined probably the last survived country.
How well the filmmakers juxtaposed the vilified football hooligans and poor KGB agents to the real evil. I wonder if the audience understand the message.

Huh?