Movie Forums (http://www.movieforums.com/community/index.php)
-   Actors, Awards, & Directors (http://www.movieforums.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   RIP Tobe Hooper (http://www.movieforums.com/community/showthread.php?t=51094)

Derek Vinyard 08-27-17 05:36 AM

RIP Tobe Hooper

Another horror icon is gone...

He just die at 74 years old.

RIP legend

Love Texais Chainsaw Massacre and Poltergeist

The Rodent 08-27-17 05:38 AM

Re: RIP Tobe Hooper

F** sake.

This is getting unreal now.

Steve Freeling 08-27-17 05:44 AM

I made a dupe by accident while this one was being made. Silly me. In any case, rest in peace, Hooper.

MovieMeditation 08-27-17 05:59 AM

Iconic people die left and right... it's crazy...

Rest in peace.

Chypmunk 08-27-17 06:52 AM

R.I.P. Tobe

cricket 08-27-17 07:28 AM

RIP

cat_sidhe 08-27-17 07:36 AM

NO!!!!

:(

ScarletLion 08-27-17 07:41 AM

:( Eugh. Awful news. A true legend.

https://68.media.tumblr.com/9068daad...4318o1_500.gif

mark f 08-27-17 09:22 AM

TheUsualSuspect 08-27-17 09:33 AM

Rest in Peace. Horror community is getting rocked this year. Sad news.

Camo 08-27-17 09:38 AM

Yeah it's really weird how many horror icons have died recently.

RIP Poltergeist and TCM are some of the best horrors.

Swan 08-27-17 11:05 AM

Does suck. RIP.

jiraffejustin 08-27-17 12:11 PM

:( RIP

TCM isn't just one of the best horror films, it's one of the best films of its decade.

Sexy Celebrity 08-27-17 12:39 PM

Oh no!

Sexy Celebrity 08-27-17 12:42 PM

Originally Posted by The Rodent (Post 1763146)
F** sake.

This is getting unreal now.
What are you talking about? He was 74 years old. If it was a bunch of 25 year olds dropping dead all the time, then I'd be concerned.

HashtagBrownies 08-27-17 03:34 PM

RIP. His work will be remembered for a long time.

Velvet 08-27-17 04:14 PM

I Just Put a TCM 2 gif as my profile banner yesterday :(

The Rodent 08-27-17 04:21 PM

Originally Posted by Sexy Celebrity (Post 1763329)
What are you talking about? He was 74 years old. If it was a bunch of 25 year olds dropping dead all the time, then I'd be concerned.

I'm more on about all the classics and legends are now disappearing.
There's no individuality left any more.

Where are the influential TV stars, actors and directors of today?
Sure there's a few decent ones going around these days, but nothing like the old days... nothing original and nobody who is changing the playing field.
The closest we got these days is Eli Roth and Rob Zombie... but controversial isn't exactly the same as influential.

The talent is dying off... leaving us with.............. what?

Camo 08-27-17 04:28 PM

Trey Edward Shults is someone to look out for. Not sure if he's going to exclusively direct horrors or not and it's debatable whether Krisha is one or not, i think it is though and it's great. Still have to see It Comes At Night. Mike Flanagan is interesting too. And Ti West.

I don't personally care that much about originality in horror films as long as they are actually good. Alot of the best horrors of the 21st century are homages or at least heavily take from their influences.

Sexy Celebrity 08-27-17 04:33 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Originally Posted by The Rodent (Post 1763458)
I'm more on about all the classics and legends are now disappearing.
There's no individuality left any more.
I think it's just shocking to see big name people die. When the people you've known about forever, even if you've never met them, die, it's like... there's nothing new, really, to talk about in regards to them, unless you talk about their past. I'm still upset knowing Wes Craven is dead and gone.

Where are the influential TV stars, actors and directors of today?
Sure there's a few decent ones going around these days, but nothing like the old days... nothing original and nobody who is changing the playing field.
The closest we got these days is Eli Roth and Rob Zombie... but controversial isn't exactly the same as influential.
Well... if Rob Zombie is being considered a new master of horror, I'm pretty pissed.

The talent is dying off... leaving us with.............. what?
Tobe Hooper did his masterpieces years ago. I don't think he's really done anything spectacular since probably the '80s. Forgettable stuff. Correct me if I'm wrong. Artistically, he was already dead. But, his classics are alive and well and available to watch at any time. That part of him is still alive. On a screen, nothing dies.

I recently watched Tobe Hooper's The Funhouse for ... really the first time ever. Glad I snuck that into my viewing before Tobe was dead, not that it really matters. THAT movie was good. It was very slow, but I thought it was really good. From what I have seen, the best movie Tobe did after the two Texas Chainsaw movies.

https://www.movieforums.com/communit...1&d=1503862370