Movie Forums (http://www.movieforums.com/community/index.php)
-   Upcoming Movies & Sequels (http://www.movieforums.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   I, Robot (http://www.movieforums.com/community/showthread.php?t=6157)

jrs 12-21-03 12:26 AM

I-Robot

Come join the NS-5 , in the I generation today. :yup:

Matrix 12-24-03 04:33 PM

Originally Posted by jrs

will smith in this movie? well thats a big change.

Endless 12-27-03 02:09 AM

Originally Posted by jrs

Um...so this IS a movie??

jrs 12-27-03 03:29 AM

[b]I-Robot, yes it is. The ad is the teaser for it.

Endless 12-27-03 03:13 PM

Originally Posted by jrs
[b]I-Robot, yes it is. The ad is the teaser for it.

DAMN IT, i feel pretty stupid now, but i was hoping it was real..even though it would lead to a war eventually, lol.

jrs 12-29-03 01:59 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Wil Smith in I Robot ....

Endless 12-29-03 01:52 PM

Originally Posted by jrs
Wil Smith in I Robot ....

Well, this movies prolly gonna suck. Smith is funny, but, I think it'll end up being like MIB2.

Spoon 12-29-03 04:46 PM

They better not mess it up. I'm a big Isaac Asimov fan, and I'd hate to see the series sullied by a crappy movie.

I think Will Smith could do good by this movie. He is funny, but can be serious when need be (take Enemy of the State for example). And you can't really compare this to MIB2. MIB2 was a sequel, and in a completely different vane (hope I used the right "vane") than this story.

I've got my fingers crossed.

theshape82 12-29-03 05:17 PM

Originally Posted by Spoon
They better not mess it up.

or what?...you'll break their knee-caps? :rotfl:

i hope it's good too

jrs 12-29-03 08:21 PM

I hope this is a good film. Will can do drama superbly, if this needs it. Take a look at Six Degrees of Seperation. And of course he has the snappy comic touch. :cool:

Originally Posted by Spoon
..And you can't really compare this to MIB2
Absolutely correct. I-Robot is incomparable. :yup:

theshape82 12-29-03 10:25 PM

well...as i have said before
i'll reserve judgement on this film untill after i see it with my own two eyes

Endless 12-30-03 03:05 AM

Originally Posted by jrs
I hope this is a good film. Will can do drama superbly, if this needs it. Take a look at Six Degrees of Seperation. And of course he has the snappy comic touch. :cool:

Absolutely correct. I-Robot is incomparable. :yup:
Sorry if I offened anyone, but I have to admit that I have NO IDEA what this movie is about, I thought it was you typical Will Smith, cheesy action flick(MIB, MIB2 and Wild Wild West). And I have to admit, I hope was wrong.

CyCL3 01-02-04 03:37 PM

it seems pretty kewl, i hope will smith does a nice role for it. it does look like a good story, i think :confused:

jrs 01-02-04 04:16 PM

Plot summary

Set in a future Earth (2035 A.D.) where robots are common assistants and workers for their human owners, this is the story of "robotophobic" Chicago Police Detective Del Spooner's (Smith) investigation into the murder of Dr. Miles Hogenmiller, who works at U.S. Robotics (run by Greenwood), in which a robot, Sonny (Tudyk), appears to be implicated, even though that would mean the robot had violated the Laws of Robotics, which is apparently impossible. It seems impossible because.. if robots can break those laws, there's nothing to stop them from taking over the world, as humans have grown to become completely dependent upon their robots. Or maybe... they already have? Aiding Spooner in his investigation is a psychologist, Dr. Susan Calvin (Moynahan), who specializes in the psyches of robots

theshape82 01-02-04 06:33 PM

this keeps sounding better and better to me

Hondo333 01-02-04 11:12 PM

Alex Proyas is directing, if Smith pulls off a good job, It should be a good film

cosmonaut 01-03-04 11:50 PM

Asimov is perhaps my favourite author, so I am really looking forward to this movie. Now if they would only do something on his Foundation series...

jrs 01-04-04 02:30 AM

1 Attachment(s)

Philmster 01-06-04 12:07 PM

I don't like that poster much, but I'm looking forward to this, I like what Proyas did with Dark City and The Crow, and I think Smith can do well, I enjoyed Enemy of the State.

jrs 02-10-04 04:44 PM

New pics

5 Attachment(s)