Movie Forums (http://www.movieforums.com/community/index.php)
-   General Movie Discussion (http://www.movieforums.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Tubi tv (http://www.movieforums.com/community/showthread.php?t=64410)

Wyldesyde19 07-23-21 07:08 PM

Tubi tv

So I’m thinking of getting this since it’s free, and I’ve been on the fence about it for quite some time, despite the decent catalog they have.

The issue I have is with the ads. I’ve read they appear every 15 mins, which would disrupt the flow for me somewhat.

For the people who have Tubi, do you feel the ads disrupt your experience? Is the quotes intervals (15 mins) accurate?

Or am I just being too fussy?

Takoma11 07-23-21 07:30 PM

The ads are frequent, but not overly long.

I am cheap, so I have the "with ads" version of many services. I am used to it, so it doesn't bug me too much. Obviously your mileage may vary if you are really used to an ads-free experience.

Citizen Rules 07-23-21 07:37 PM

Originally Posted by Wyldesyde19 (Post 2223151)
So I’m thinking of getting this since it’s free, and I’ve been on the fence about it for quite some time, despite the decent catalog they have.
What is it that you have to get? An app or something? I just clicked on a video at TubiTV and I could watch it. I believe I once watched an HoF nom from TubiTV.

Wyldesyde19 07-23-21 08:03 PM

Originally Posted by Citizen Rules (Post 2223165)
What is it that you have to get? An app or something? I just clicked on a video at TubiTV and I could watch it. I believe I once watched an HoF nom from TubiTV.
Just a free streaming platform you can download. I’m not terribly sure of the details yet, but it’s free, it has a great selection of films (including old westerns such as Warlock) that I think would be right up your alley.

Citizen Rules 07-23-21 08:13 PM

Originally Posted by Wyldesyde19 (Post 2223177)
Just a free streaming platform you can download. I’m not terribly sure of the details yet, but it’s free, it has a great selection of films (including old westerns such as Warlock) that I think would be right up your alley.
Thanks...How is that different than what they have on the internet? Is it more movie choices if you download something? Is it just for mobile phones?

BTW, Warlock is awesome!

Wyldesyde19 07-23-21 08:23 PM

Originally Posted by Citizen Rules (Post 2223181)
Thanks...How is that different than what they have on the internet? Is it more movie choices if you download something? Is it just for mobile phones?

BTW, Warlock is awesome!
It’s for TV as well, just haven’t looked at the details much. tak can probably answer that better than I.

Citizen Rules 07-23-21 08:53 PM

Originally Posted by Wyldesyde19 (Post 2223182)
It’s for TV as well, just haven’t looked at the details much. tak can probably answer that better than I.
Gotya, thanks.

Thief 07-23-21 09:02 PM

Re: Tubi tv

I use Tubi frequently and I don't remember the ads coming up so often. Anyway, it doesn't bother me that much.

Wyldesyde19 07-23-21 09:09 PM

I’m convinced.*🙂
I just had my brother download it while I’m at work.

Rockatansky 07-23-21 09:40 PM

Yeah, the ads come up maybe three or four times during a movie and tend to run around a minute each (rough estimate) so pretty much a non-issue. The breaks also tend to be inserted in between scenes to be as unobtrusive as possible.

It is worth noting that Tubi is owned by Fox, so depending on your views you may need to brace yourself for the occasional Fox Nation ad, replete with images of a smiling Tucker Carlson.

Wyldesyde19 07-23-21 10:05 PM

Originally Posted by Rockatansky (Post 2223214)
Yeah, the ads come up maybe three or four times during a movie and tend to run around a minute each (rough estimate) so pretty much a non-issue. The breaks also tend to be inserted in between scenes to be as unobtrusive as possible.

It is worth noting that Tubi is owned by Fox, so depending on your views you may need to brace yourself for the occasional Fox Nation ad, replete with images of a smiling Tucker Carlson.
I hate Tucker Carlson…..

Rockatansky 07-23-21 10:06 PM

Originally Posted by Wyldesyde19 (Post 2223221)
I hate Tucker Carlson…..
Brace yourself!

Rockatansky 07-23-21 10:07 PM

Originally Posted by Rockatansky (Post 2223222)
Brace yourself!
Mercifully, he doesn't speak in the ad.

Wyldesyde19 07-23-21 10:09 PM

Originally Posted by Rockatansky (Post 2223223)
Mercifully, he doesn't speak in the ad.
I can grab something to drink during that time.

When I’m at the gym, on the elliptical machine, they have his show on the TVs. Thankfully, I bring my own music and can ignore his hyperbole.

SpelingError 07-23-21 10:50 PM

Tubi is pretty solid, though I've only watched a few movies on it so far. The ads can be annoying, but hey, it's a free site, so fair trade, y'know?

xSookieStackhouse 07-23-21 11:25 PM

i use to have tubi on my xbox then unstalled itcause it has all the movies i never heard of cause they low budget movies. they only hve few good tv shows i know thats all

Mesmerized 07-23-21 11:29 PM

Originally Posted by xSookieStackhouse (Post 2223238)
i use to have tubi on my xbox then unstalled itcause it has all the movies i never heard of cause they low budget movies. they only hve few good tv shows i know thats all
I have Tubi on my phone. They have a fairly good selection of classic tv shows like Columbo, one of my favorites.

xSookieStackhouse 07-23-21 11:48 PM

Originally Posted by Mesmerized (Post 2223240)
I have Tubi on my phone. They have a fairly good selection of classic tv shows like Columbo, one of my favorites.
only the ones who are popular, i never heard of that show

Wyldesyde19 07-24-21 12:28 AM

Originally Posted by xSookieStackhouse (Post 2223238)
I have it on my Xbox now as well.

xSookieStackhouse 07-24-21 12:33 AM

Originally Posted by Wyldesyde19 (Post 2223253)
I have it on my Xbox now as well.
oh cool :D