Movie Forums (http://www.movieforums.com/community/index.php)
-   Intermission: Miscellaneous Chat (http://www.movieforums.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Requirements for a successful marriage and/or relationship to work? (http://www.movieforums.com/community/showthread.php?t=61502)

FiletMignon9797 05-10-20 04:31 PM

Requirements for a successful marriage and/or relationship to work?

What do you guys anywhere out there think is required [and/or the necessary requirements] for a successful marriage and/or a successful relationship to work?

Citizen Rules 05-10-20 04:46 PM

Originally Posted by FiletMignon9797 (Post 2090007)
What do you guys anywhere out there think is required [and/or the necessary requirements] for a successful marriage and/or a successful relationship to work?
Your post is worded a lot like this one below, do you guys know each other?
Originally Posted by Rpopsicle7 (Post 2089913)
As to the rest of YOU guys out there, would it be weird for the Love of YOUR life to live with you as an android [and/or more than an android]-and I guess also you as an android [and/or more than an android]?

Would life as an android [and/or more than an android] be something that the rest of YOU guys out there, could cope with?

And would the rest of YOU guys out there prefer life as an android [and/or more than an android] on YOUR own or life as an android [and/or more than an android] and still with the Love of YOUR life to live with you?

Mr Minio 05-10-20 05:03 PM

Re: Requirements for a successful marriage and/or relationship to work

https://i.imgur.com/hqJqGJg.png

Mesmerized 05-10-20 05:13 PM

One man and one woman.

doubledenim 05-10-20 05:20 PM

Cake. Plenty of delicious, moist, cake.

ynwtf 05-10-20 06:05 PM

I'd say patience, but even that hasn't worked out so well for me. Someone always finds the end of it. I suppose you could fake it for a few years what with all the streaming series released on Netflix. Hope for a meteorite before the shows run out. If you play your cards right, you might just make it.

:D

FiletMignon9797 05-10-20 06:48 PM

Originally Posted by Citizen Rules (Post 2090012)
Your post is worded a lot like this one below, do you guys know each other?
Yes that is what some people call a relationship :cool:

Don't inform her that I used her stylization tho :cool:

marriedactress 05-10-20 07:32 PM

Originally Posted by FiletMignon9797 (Post 2090007)

Is this question specific to men only?

marriedactress 05-11-20 04:39 AM

Originally Posted by marriedactress (Post 2090052)

I assume not. With my most recent problems it took, as always, level headedness, communication, trust and love. Those generally seem to work for me. :)

Chypmunk 05-11-20 04:40 AM

Cash. Plenty of it.

(in order to buy all that lovely, moist cake)

FiletMignon9797 05-11-20 10:09 AM

Originally Posted by marriedactress (Post 2090052)

Originally Posted by marriedactress (Post 2090094)
I assume not. With my most recent problems it took, as always, level headedness, communication, trust and love. Those generally seem to work for me. :)

Part 1 of reply:

of course not.

In some parts of the nation it is just a polite way of addressing everyone.

Part 2 of reply:

Concise and well-rounded answer. nice.

FiletMignon9797 05-11-20 10:38 AM

Originally Posted by Chypmunk (Post 2090095)
Cash. Plenty of it.

(in order to buy all that lovely, moist cake)

Who's paying for that?

AND

As to who's clutch?

:)

Yoda 05-11-20 10:47 AM

You can reply to each bit by just putting the response after the quote tag. They can be:

split
up

this

ynwtf 05-11-20 11:05 AM

^that your relationship advice, right?

Yoda, Yoda! Me n the ole girl are at our wits' end! What ever shall we do to right this boat?
Yoda: Just listen to what the other person is saying, then respond accordingly. Preferably by selective quoting so that your reply can come in order of the original discussion.

That will be 2,000 Credits.
:D

On a serious note, I still believe patience is the key. Empathy for as much as you can give is a good foundation, IMO, but I think that patience and empathy must be on a two-way street else the relationship can become imbalanced. I think you both need to have realistic goals and expectations of each other by not judging shortcomings and failures, etc. Having skills (practical or emotional characteristics) that complement your partner's weaknesses (and vice versa) can help strengthen trust in each other, just be careful of weird co-dependencies. ...aaaaaaaand communication.

Your lucky numbers are 7, 13, 27, and 32.

Sorry. In my predictable pattern, I cannot help but end with a joke. This was starting to read like a daily horoscope so I didn't know how to wrap it up, and I panicked.

John McClane 05-11-20 11:57 AM

A really good prenup

FiletMignon9797 05-13-20 09:02 PM

Originally Posted by doubledenim (Post 2090021)
Cake. Plenty of delicious, moist, cake.
them afforded?