Movie Forums (http://www.movieforums.com/community/index.php)
-   Intermission: Miscellaneous Chat (http://www.movieforums.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Miss Vicky's Book - Read and Discuss (http://www.movieforums.com/community/showthread.php?t=57912)

Miss Vicky 09-22-18 06:44 PM

Miss Vicky's Book - Read and Discuss

(Cover image by cat_sidhe)

I recently sent a copy of my (unpublished) book, Erratic Circles, to @cat_sidhe. She loved it and expressed a desire to get other MoFos to read it and discuss it with her. I'm also interested in getting more opinions about it from other people. I've sent it to @CiCi and @Camo already - one of them is currently reading it and the other is just a pain in my ass. :D

Anyway, if you would be interested in reading and discussing it please send me a private message to request a link.

Here's a little bit of information about it:

-It's a little over 100 pages long, so it is not a huge time commitment.

-It's mostly a romantic drama, but it does also contain a considerable amount of sex - mostly between men. If you're homophobic, this is not the book for you.

-It also deals with some other situations that may be morally objectionable or potentially offensive to some people. If you're sensitive to violence, certain illegal activities, or to anything that questions the existence of God, this is not the book for you.

Cat _sidhe wrote up a wonderful review of the book in the Rate the Last Book You Read thread. I suggest giving it a read if you're considering requesting a copy: Cat's Review

If you are interested, send me a private message and I will send you a link to a .pdf copy of the book. Please only contact me for a copy if you are truly serious about reading it and engaging in discussion here. I welcome constructive criticism and praise alike. Also, I've done my best to proofread it, but there may still be some errors. Please let me know if you come across an error while reading.

Camo 09-22-18 06:46 PM

Originally Posted by Miss Vicky (Post 1952115)
I've sent it to @CiCi and @Camo already - one of them is currently reading it and the other is just a pain in my ass. :D
Yeah, seriously CiCi get a grip dude.

Swan 09-22-18 06:46 PM

Re: Miss Vicky's Book - Read and Discuss

It's you, Camo. It's always been you.

Camo 09-22-18 06:51 PM

Originally Posted by Swan (Post 1952117)
It's you, Camo. It's always been you.
Oh i see how it is, i'm the patsy. Well i'll never stop fighting to clear my name CiCi, remember that!

cat_sidhe 09-22-18 07:15 PM

Originally Posted by Camo (Post 1952118)
Oh i see how it is, i'm the patsy. Well i'll never stop fighting to clear my name CiCi, remember that!
You're only a patsy if you can't get through the 10 pages of graphic menstruation. :p

Camo 09-22-18 07:16 PM

Originally Posted by cat_sidhe (Post 1952120)
You're only a patsy if you can't get through the 10 pages of graphic menstruation. :p
haha! I knew Miss Vicky was lying. You should be ashamed of yourself Victoria.

cat_sidhe 09-22-18 07:17 PM

Originally Posted by Camo (Post 1952122)

haha! I knew Miss Vicky was lying. You should be ashamed of yourself Victoria.
You will be a changed man!

cat_sidhe 09-22-18 07:27 PM

But seriously, guys....ask Miss V for a copy and read it. It's not bogged down with over-descriptive passages that serve nothing but to fill word quota (if you know what I mean. Some writers go a bit overboard and you zone out before you've been fully transported to that place in time).

And Miss Vicky is correct! I AM looking for people with whom I can spout my feelings about certain characters, because as it now stands, I'm arguing with myself over these things. :lol:

Mr Minio 09-22-18 09:28 PM

That weird font made me read the title as "Erotic Tales". I guess we all see what we want to see.

cat_sidhe 09-22-18 09:48 PM

Originally Posted by Mr Minio (Post 1952401)
That weird font made me read the title as "Erotic Tales". I guess we all see what we want to see.
That's my fault. I felt I couldn't give it a faceless review since it gave me so many intricately detailed mental images with no bloat. I wanted to give it a temporary cover to give a little back to it as it deserved it.

The weird font appealed to me since it's a bit erratic and has a tendency towards circling its Cs etc.

MonnoM 09-22-18 11:38 PM

Originally Posted by Mr Minio (Post 1952401)

I read it as Erotic Circles. Thought it might have something to do with the guy's eyes having some seductive, hypnotic powers.

cat_sidhe 09-24-18 01:14 PM

Originally Posted by MonnoM (Post 1952485)
I read it as Erotic Circles. Thought it might have something to do with the guy's eyes having some seductive, hypnotic powers.
Then, it's quite apt. :)

Miss Vicky 09-24-18 02:50 PM

Originally Posted by MonnoM (Post 1952485)
I read it as Erotic Circles.
:facepalm:

and I thought I was the one with the dirty mind.

Mr Minio 09-24-18 03:15 PM

Originally Posted by Miss Vicky (Post 1952862)
and I thought I was the one with the dirty mind.
You write a book and put GAY SEX SCENES in it.

You have a DIRTY MIND!

Sexy mode off.

Miss Vicky 09-29-18 10:20 PM

@CiCi

Any progress?