Movie Forums (http://www.movieforums.com/community/index.php)
-   The Television & Music Forum (http://www.movieforums.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Albums Countdown Redux? (http://www.movieforums.com/community/showthread.php?t=57516)

Camo 08-02-18 04:25 PM

Albums Countdown Redux?

Not gonna write a novel here as everyone knows the deal already, just gauging interest as i'd love to do it personally. How many of you are interested in a redone Albums Countdown? If there's not much interest then this thread can just die, think it could be good though if enough of us take part. Just post if you're interested in sending one then we can discuss rules (don't really think there should be many rules) and amount of albums per list and whatever.

Note: Accepting lists of either 50 or 25, whichever is manageable. You can start sending them to me whenever you like haven't set a deadline yet however.

Please put the artist first on your lists, thanks.

The deadline is Saturday August 11th at 11.59 GMT

Lists Received:

Camo
Cat_Sidhe
Mr Minio
cricket
Miss Vicky
Gatsby
resopamenic
ScarlettLion
mojofilter
mark f
Citizen Rules
jiraffejustin
pahaK
chypmunk
ynwtf
nostromo
MijaFrost
Tacitus
doubledenim
CiCi
Holden Pike
Sedai
Ellesar
Ultraviolence
Ms. M
derek vinyard
ThursdayNext
HashtagBrownies
Yoda
Slappy Davis
Frightened Inmate No.2
gbgoodies
Iroquois

cat_sidhe 08-02-18 04:26 PM

Re: New Albums Countdown?

Interested!

ynwtf 08-02-18 04:29 PM

OK so this is the over-analytical side of me coming through, but when you say "new" do you mean a new list of albums? or a new album (only new albums, say in the last decade) list? lol. SORRY!!!!

:o

I'd be game!
(either way)

cricket 08-02-18 04:31 PM

I would just copy my list for the last countdown, since I haven't listened to anything new.

Camo 08-02-18 04:31 PM

Originally Posted by ynwtf (Post 1929601)
OK so this is the over-analytical side of me coming through, but when you say "new" do you mean a new list of albums? or a new album (only new albums, say in the last decade) list? lol. SORRY!!!!

:o

I'd be game!
(either way)
New as in second Countdown. Pick Albums from whenever you want.

Camo 08-02-18 04:32 PM

Originally Posted by cricket (Post 1929602)
I would just copy my list for the last countdown, since I haven't listened to anything new.
There could be a choice between 50 and 25 though as we were discussing in the Shoutbox in case you'd want to extend it.

Camo 08-02-18 04:34 PM

Actually, @Yoda could you please rename this "Albums Countdown Redux?". Just in case anyway thinks the same as ynwtf and avoids this thread as a result. Thanks.

Yoda 08-02-18 04:38 PM

Sure thing. :up:

Mr Minio 08-02-18 04:44 PM

Re: Albums Countdown Redux?

I take it EPs and Singles are out, but what about Compilation albums?

Camo 08-02-18 04:51 PM

Originally Posted by Mr Minio (Post 1929611)
I take it EPs and Singles are out, but what about Compilation albums?
I have no objection if no one else does. Don't want to restrict this, at the same time though i don't want to make it too broad as it could be very difficult to get any sort of consensus to actually put a Countdown together.

I'm just the compiler and presenter i'm not gonna set the rules myself everyone can have an equal say in them. Will only step in if a decision has to be made to move forward.

ynwtf 08-02-18 04:57 PM

Originally Posted by Camo (Post 1929605)
Actually, @Yoda could you please rename this "Albums Countdown Redux?". Just in case anyway thinks the same as ynwtf and avoids this thread as a result. Thanks.
smart ass ;)

ynwtf 08-02-18 04:59 PM

my only rule consideration might be to draw a distinction between personal favorite albums (even if not historically significant) and historically good albums (even if not a personal favorite). I remember reading comments where users might have listed differently had they approached it one way or another in other lists.

Just something to help get the ball rolling.

Mr Minio 08-02-18 05:00 PM

Another question: Live albums?

But yeah, if Compilations will be permitted, I will flood you all with Shidaiqu.

Camo 08-02-18 05:05 PM

Originally Posted by ynwtf (Post 1929617)
my only rule consideration might be to draw a distinction between personal favorite albums (even if not historically significant) and historically good albums (even if not a personal favorite). I remember reading comments where users might have listed differently had they approached it one way or another in other lists.

Just something to help get the ball rolling.
There can't really be a rule for that can there? Think each individual needs to make that distinction themselves. I don't mind whichever people go for but personally i'll be going for favourites, don't give a crap if something is historically significant if i never want to listen to it.

Originally Posted by Mr Minio (Post 1929618)
Another question: Live albums?

But yeah, if Compilations will be permitted, I will flood you all with Shidaiqu.
Was considering a Live Album myself so i'm cool with it.

What's peoples opinions on 25 or 50 per list? Keep in mind if we go for 50 i'll still accept lists of 25, just means those that want a bit more can have it.

cat_sidhe 08-02-18 05:09 PM

Yeah @ynwtf good luck getting me to not make my choice based entirely on my personal favs. With all the emotions. :lol:

ynwtf 08-02-18 05:12 PM

ya ya ya. lol. I'm only reflecting what I've read. I think most would probably assumed personal favorites, but as ribbed earlier, "in case anyone thinks like ynwtf does."

:D

Alright. favorites it is!

cat_sidhe 08-02-18 05:15 PM

And so began the Attack of the One Pointers. :D

Camo 08-02-18 05:15 PM

Originally Posted by ynwtf (Post 1929621)
ya ya ya. lol. I'm only reflecting what I've read. I think most would probably assumed personal favorites, but as ribbed earlier, "in case anyone thinks like ynwtf does."

:D

Alright. favorites it is!
That honestly wasn't a ribbing it was my paranoia, i'm not that clever ;)

Camo 08-02-18 05:16 PM

Originally Posted by cat_sidhe (Post 1929622)
And so began the Attack of the One Pointers. :D
Yeah was going to pull you up on that earlier, you can only have one one-pointer :laugh::p

cat_sidhe 08-02-18 05:20 PM

Originally Posted by Camo (Post 1929624)
Yeah was going to pull you up on that earlier, you can only have one one-pointer :laugh::p
Plan thwarted.

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-s...g-Simpsons.gif