Movie Forums (http://www.movieforums.com/community/index.php)
-   The Television & Music Forum (http://www.movieforums.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Rick and Morty (http://www.movieforums.com/community/showthread.php?t=35183)

Yoda 03-24-14 09:33 PM

Rick and Morty

I'm just gonna leave this here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ziXpIPAhD4

TONGO 03-24-14 11:12 PM

Originally Posted by Yoda (Post 1061763)
I'm just gonna leave this here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ziXpIPAhD4
Welp, looks like they leaked the script to Batman Vs Superman.

tatmmw2 02-06-16 07:16 PM

Re: Rick and Morty

Hey guys, I love Rick and Morty, waiting for the 3rd season, if there is going to be one. And I just start playing Pocket Morty's.

A really cool game for Android and iOS, it's basically a pokemon game but instead of pokemons, they are Morty's from different dimensions:
http://blogs-images.forbes.com/inser...ket-mortys.jpg

Give it a try, it's really fun and cool, and also for the ones who watch the series!

Guaporense 02-14-16 02:25 AM

Rick and Morty is among the most entertaining animations I remember watching. The art and direction is pretty crude though but that's not the point of it.

Yoda 05-10-18 04:04 PM

https://twitter.com/RickandMorty/sta...41111531520000

GrantD2 05-10-18 04:24 PM

Quite a commitment to order 70 more episodes... Hopefully it doesn't drop off in quality.

Iroquois 05-12-18 07:38 AM

I'm hard-pressed to think of a show that does last ten whole seasons without ever experiencing a drop in quality - in the case of Rick and Morty, it might well have started already.

Camo 05-12-18 07:41 AM

Don't think i've ever loved a show so much in its First Season then pretty much immediately after didn't really care about it without a major drop in quality. I still like it but i don't look forward to it and i don't think it's that much different from Season 1 yet anyway, dunno must have just got old quickly for me.

MovieBuffering 05-17-20 12:32 PM

This new season they are almost done with hasn't really hit like the first 3 seasons to me. It's not that it has been bad but something just feels off a bit. First 3 seasons are insanely rewatchable. I don't find myself having that same desire with these episodes. Hopefully it's just a lull as they get adjusted to having the security of 70 episodes ordered. Hopefully it's not a downward trend of lost quality. Maybe the chaos of not having that security was the "not give a f*ck" they needed to produce the epic first 3 seasons. Just feels like they are trying to hard with Rick this season. I think you can objectively say this season hasn't been on par with the previous ones. But maybe that's just me. Hopefully they find that magic again. This video kind of addresses some of my concerns.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1s5hVltK5so

MovieBuffering 06-01-20 11:55 PM

Well the 4th season ended last night with a really good episode but I would have to say, at least to me, this season wasn't very good overall. Compared to the bar set from the first 3 seasons. Something just felt not as entertaining about this batch of episodes. It wasn't at ease like the first 3 seasons. I can basically throw on any episode form the first 3 seasons and enjoy myself, not so much this season.

To me there were only 3 stand out episodes out of the 10. The first episode with the death crystals. The 8th episode Vat of Acid and the Finale dealing with Beth which is the only really serialized episode of the season from previous seasons. The 3rd episode about heists movies was entertaining as well but not on par with those 3 to me. As far as the rest they all just felt to tedious to me, felt like they tried to hard maybe.

I don't know. Here's to hoping they can take a step forward instead of backwards next season.

chawhee 06-02-20 09:31 AM

I thought this season was about on par with others, but I'll agree that a handful of episodes were pretty forgettable. I haven't caught the finale yet, but the last episode about the Zeus and planet babies had me rolling for nearly the entire show haha

neiba 06-02-20 09:52 AM

The first episode is promising, then it goes really down in quality (that train episode is probably the worst in the entire series) than it picks up in the last 3 episodes. I fear this becomes another Community!

MovieBuffering 06-07-20 12:42 AM

Originally Posted by chawhee (Post 2096273)
I thought this season was about on par with others, but I'll agree that a handful of episodes were pretty forgettable. I haven't caught the finale yet, but the last episode about the Zeus and planet babies had me rolling for nearly the entire show haha
Polarizing lol. I thought that was one of the weakest in the entire series. It's just clunky and doesnt flow like a real good Rick and Morty episode. Too wordy. I also fear an episode like that where they try and fit every main character in the episode. That's what lead to Futurama's downfall. It seemed like every scene every damn character was in it. Made the recent episodes clunky and not as fun. Hell one could say that is what killed Game Of Thrones too ha.

MovieBuffering 06-07-20 12:46 AM

Originally Posted by neiba (Post 2096275)
The first episode is promising, then it goes really down in quality (that train episode is probably the worst in the entire series) than it picks up in the last 3 episodes. I fear this becomes another Community!
Train episode wasn't the worst but it was just meh. Think they tried to get too smart and complex. When they keep the stories simple is when the episodes are the most fun. More episodes like the Vat of Acid would be awesome. They are also really strong at serialized episodes.

neiba 06-07-20 10:54 AM

Originally Posted by MovieBuffering (Post 2097650)
Train episode wasn't the worst but it was just meh. Think they tried to get too smart and complex. When they keep the stories simple is when the episodes are the most fun. More episodes like the Vat of Acid would be awesome. They are also really strong at serialized episodes.
The train episode is literally a remake of a Community episode! It's Harmon being meta just for the sake of it, precisely the mistake he made with the worst phase of the series

Marty McFly 06-07-20 11:29 AM

I watched that time travel episode once. Never watched the show since then. How can anyone stand to look at chin spit without a gag reflex?

MovieBuffering 06-07-20 04:32 PM

Originally Posted by Marty McFly (Post 2097714)
I watched that time travel episode once. Never watched the show since then. How can anyone stand to look at chin spit without a gag reflex?
Ironically Rick and Morty's relationship is based of Marty and Doc lol

MovieBuffering 06-16-20 03:17 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Found out Bill just keep going into a parallel universe of the same day. :laugh:

MovieBuffering 09-08-21 02:43 AM

Just finished watching the season finale of Season 5. Last two episodes were pretty great and the Bird person episode was pretty good. Seems like whenever they go into a cannonized episode they always knock it out of the park. However some of the episodes this year were just plain bad and forgettable. It was more of a chore to get through then to enjoy.

First 3 seasons are as fun and rewatchable as entertainment can get. Season 4 was ok but seems like they are dropping off with season 5 already. Plus they basically have blown their load with the cannonized stuff after this season. It was appointment tv for season 4 and I was hopeful for season 5. I'll probably watch first couple episode of the next season but I am not going go out of my way to catch any of them unless they can return to their first 3 seasons form.

Oh well I guess everything has it's time. I'll stay hopeful but not holding my breathe.

Calipsont 05-31-22 10:12 AM

The same impression about the last seasons. But this cartoon will always be on my list of favorites.