Movie Forums (http://www.movieforums.com/community/index.php)
-   Movie Forums Site Stuff (http://www.movieforums.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Deleting account (http://www.movieforums.com/community/showthread.php?t=59442)

Gary Sinus 05-28-19 11:38 PM

Deleting account

Is there a way to delete my account? Can't find anything.

Thnx.

Mesmerized 05-29-19 12:26 AM

Re: Deleting account

Ask Yoda, he can delete accounts.

gbgoodies 05-29-19 12:30 AM

Originally Posted by Gary Sinus (Post 2014777)
Is there a way to delete my account? Can't find anything.

Thnx.

Why do you want to delete your account? Aren't you happy here?

If you want to leave for a while, you can just stop using it, and come back whenever you're ready to return.

Ami-Scythe 05-29-19 12:57 AM

I found it at some point but I can't remember where :/

Gary Sinus 05-29-19 01:45 AM

Originally Posted by gbgoodies (Post 2014786)
Why do you want to delete your account? Aren't you happy here?
I spend too much time on the net, GB.

doubledenim 05-29-19 06:59 AM

Just send me that password, I'll assume your identity. Better than fading into oblivion, amirite?

Bigolfatjokethisis

Yoda 05-29-19 09:46 AM

There's no good mechanism for it, no, since it'd leave your posts blank and stuff. And no real reason to do it since you can just walk away and not use it any more. If you're concerned about emails, you can just bulk unsubscribe from any threads you're subscribed to and make sure you've got the requisite newslettter option turned off in your profile, and no one will bug you.

Gary Sinus 05-29-19 10:05 AM

Originally Posted by Yoda (Post 2014826)
There's no good mechanism for it, no, since it'd leave your posts blank and stuff. And no real reason to do it since you can just walk away and not use it any more. If you're concerned about emails, you can just bulk unsubscribe from any threads you're subscribed to and make sure you've got the requisite newslettter option turned off in your profile, and no one will bug you.
Okay, thanks.

Jenson 05-29-19 01:02 PM

Originally Posted by Gary Sinus (Post 2014830)
Okay, thanks.
Or do what I do mate, just pop in now and again, I'm busy at work most of the time anyway but it's an interesting forum that I've yet to fully explore.

gbgoodies 05-29-19 11:06 PM

Originally Posted by Gary Sinus (Post 2014793)
I think most of us probably spend too much time on the net. You don't have to leave the forum to fix that. Just find other hobbies so you'll spend less time here, and come back every once in a while to say hi. :)

gbgoodies 05-29-19 11:08 PM

Does MoFo have a newsletter?

Yoda 05-30-19 01:48 AM

In this case "newsletter" is more like "general updates." It was regular for awhile, but didn't seem necessary, or like it added enough relative to the work involved. Now I send out a few a year, usually related to Oscar stuff.

Chypmunk 05-30-19 05:29 AM

Originally Posted by Yoda (Post 2015051)
In this case "newsletter" is more like "general updates." It was regular for awhile, but didn't seem necessary, or like it added enough relative to the work involved. Now I send out a few a year, usually related to Oscar stuff.
I've searched IMDb and can't find an Oscar Stuff, the closest match they have is one Oscar Stauffer ..... was it a typo and you meant them? If so, given their career thus far, it seems a strange person to fixate on with the 'newsletters' :eek:

Jenson 05-30-19 06:22 AM

Originally Posted by gbgoodies (Post 2015027)
Originally Posted by Gary Sinus (Post 2014793)
I think most of us probably spend too much time on the net. You don't have to leave the forum to fix that. Just find other hobbies so you'll spend less time here, and come back every once in a while to say hi. :)
I don't!🤔
I have numerous hobbies and only belong to 1 forum, which is this one.