Movie Forums (http://www.movieforums.com/community/index.php)
-   General Movie Discussion (http://www.movieforums.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies you couldn't even finish. (http://www.movieforums.com/community/showthread.php?t=7442)

AboveTheClouds 07-15-05 07:38 PM

Rushmore.

It's a quality film, but I just got bored of it and it became too sappy.

EmuGOD 07-16-05 03:52 AM

Reefer Madness ,the original, and Teenage Aliens From Space whitch i watched after I beat Destory All Humans.

Son Of A Preacher Man 07-20-05 07:26 PM

I never finished watching Cursed. I saw some of it in theatres, but it sucked bad! I walked out after the werewolf gave the finger to the cops (Yes that actually happens).

MX23 07-20-05 08:27 PM

I never finished watching Batman Begins, my girl wanted to leave. lol

SamsoniteDelilah 07-20-05 09:01 PM

Originally Posted by MX23
Dump her.
;)

r3port3r66 07-20-05 09:09 PM

Yeah...um..Soul Plane...AWFUL!

ihateebert 07-20-05 09:56 PM

bruhaha

8 mile

Godsend 07-21-05 02:59 AM

I've had to force myself to watch both Notorious and Psycho. What the hell were you people when you meant 'suspenseful'?

Rear Window is awesome! Not those two drops.

I've been pulled out of the teather during Matchstick Men...it was mildely amusing, but my friend wanted to be an asshat and waste my 8 bucks. Idiot.

Citizen Kane Seriously, what the hell? The went after 'rosebud' or whoever it was? What the hell was the point of that? I was so close to being done with the movie, but I still got up and left...

I forget the others.

b.u.c.k.y. 07-21-05 11:28 AM

21 grams

21 grams
when the storylines got so f-ed up I was sure they couldn't make it right I walked.

Revenant 07-21-05 12:14 PM

Lost In Translation

I've tried watching this three times and each and every time I attempt it I found myself doing other stuff. Probably missed something good, but the beginning was so bloody slow.... :yawn:

adidasss 07-21-05 01:50 PM

message in a bottle.....i did eventualy get to see how it ends ( i think it was the 3rd time it was on tv...for god sake, you didn't think i would rent it did you?! ) but i think it was one of the most boring fims ever filmed......really really horrible viewing experience....their constant bickering about nothing and conversations that lead nowhere......dear god i need to go to the recommend/don't recommend thread.....

pyro sphyco 07-22-05 12:34 PM

ummmm... i hated chain saw masacer! when ppl promise gory movies... they should give us gory movies. not that crap! i hated wrong turn too..... it was pretty boring... u dont see any thing when ppl die! thats bull****..

ash_is_the_gal 07-22-05 06:05 PM

I still haven't been able to finish Requiem for a Dream, and I sort of own it. Well, its not really mine, its a guys I used to work with and then he quit and I never saw him again. But I have tried to watch it more than once, several times, and the farthest I got was maybe just about halfway. Strangley, what got to me the most was the quick cut scenes of all the strange close ups involving drugs and dialated eyeballs.

Lester Burnham 07-22-05 06:24 PM

Originally Posted by MX23
Batman Begins was so awesome I could never have walked out of that movie.
Godsend you aren't the only one who walked out on Citizen kane I found it terribly boring.

Others I couldn't finish were:
LOTR: Two towers- just found it so boring and long
Envy: The biggest pile of rubbish I have watched that I finally gave up on, and to think it starred Christopher walken.
Garfield: borrowed my friends DVD gave up after 30 mins or so.
Zoolander: Bored me to death, just wasn't funny

LordSlaytan 07-22-05 06:54 PM

Man...this is a terrible thread for people who feel compelled to defend fine film.

A nightmare even!

*gasp*

SamsoniteDelilah 07-22-05 07:17 PM

Originally Posted by LordSlaytan
Man...this is a terrible thread for people who feel compelled to defend fine film.

A nightmare even!

*gasp*
OK?! I feel like passing out ritalin when I read this thread.

7thson 07-22-05 07:31 PM

A nightmare even!

*gasp*
Hahaha, thats funny :laugh: .

Antics 08-01-05 06:21 PM

Garfield.

nebbit 08-01-05 07:56 PM

Originally Posted by Antics
Garfield.
I couldn't even finish the trailer :yup:

Iroquois 08-01-05 11:37 PM

These are the movies I couldn't finish, for varying reasons (ranging from movie length to not wanting to see the rest)

Lawrence of Arabia
Bridge on the River Kwai
Seven Samurai
Raging Bull

Oh, who am I kidding? There are too many.

LordSlaytan 08-01-05 11:48 PM

Originally Posted by Iroquois
These are the movies I couldn't finish, for varying reasons (ranging from movie length to not wanting to see the rest)

Lawrence of Arabia
Bridge on the River Kwai
Seven Samurai
Raging Bull

Well, you're in good company. Nobody here likes any of those films. ;)

Strummer521 08-02-05 12:42 AM

A nightmare even!

*gasp*
I know it! Psycho not suspenseful? I don't even know what to say to that. Well, except: try it again, and keep in mind that because of the fame and reputation that precedes the film, you probably already knew what was going to happen.

nebbit 08-02-05 07:10 AM

These are the movies I couldn't finish,

Lawrence of Arabia
Bridge on the River Kwai
Seven Samurai
Raging Bull
This is a joke......................right? :skeptical:

Tbj 08-04-05 10:42 AM

Festen, i have finished it, but after one hour of trembling camera and people saying bull****, killer instincts began tearing my consciousness apart.. :D

Sedai 08-04-05 10:48 AM

Lawrence of Arabia
Bridge on the River Kwai
Seven Samurai
Raging Bull

Are you serious?? Since when does long = bad? That makes no sense whatsoever...

Pyro Tramp 08-04-05 06:43 PM

Think i'm ready to give Wong Kar Wai's Ashes of Time another shot

undercoverlover 08-04-05 06:43 PM

teenage mutant ninja turtles
mad max

The_Butcher 08-04-05 06:56 PM

I've walked out on a few movies myself.

Spy Kids 3-D game over- The first one was "OK" the second I have not seen yet, the third was a joke. It sucked in all ways possible. Bad acting, bad story, poor view on what video games are like.

The Forgotten- I did not exactly walk out on this one, but I was about too.

The Never Ending Story III: return to fantasia- I did not walk away from this one. I just turned the VCR off. :D

-TheButcher

Y2Kcast 08-04-05 08:06 PM

Movies couldn't finish watching

Outland (1981)

got2envy 08-04-05 09:44 PM

Tank Girl = poop

The Sarge 08-05-05 09:01 AM

Got about half way through Suicide Club and turned it off. I usually like this sort of movie but for some reason just couldn't get into it.

kheffelf19 08-05-05 07:46 PM

Be Cool

the3pointassassin 08-06-05 05:50 AM

the only movie that i have ever started watching and then stopped before halfway was enternal sunshine of the spotless mind

Tbj 08-06-05 06:21 AM

Uh, Irreversible.. it was 1.00 AM, it took ten minutes to make me sick and i went to bed a bit disturbed (i read somewhere they used ultrasounds we humans can't hear but that make us sick).. sick.

Zeiken 08-09-05 02:58 PM

Some may disagree with me here- but i turned off Resevoir Dogs in the first 10 minutes. Seeing Quentin trying to act in that diner- oh my god- it was disgusting. Eventually a friend of mine got me to watch it again, although i skipped the beginning. Its a shame that some of the acting was actually good, but i had to be basically strapped down to finish it.

Pyro Tramp 08-09-05 03:59 PM

Originally Posted by Tbj
Uh, Irreversible.. it was 1.00 AM, it took ten minutes to make me sick and i went to bed a bit disturbed (i read somewhere they used ultrasounds we humans can't hear but that make us sick).. sick.
Yeah, i think that's true. Great film though. Was 10 minutes enough to see the guys face smashed apart?

Cassidy Bogart 08-09-05 11:16 PM

Originally Posted by the3pointassassin
the only movie that i have ever started watching and then stopped before halfway was enternal sunshine of the spotless mind
I loved Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind! I suggest you give it another shot. Oh and I stopped watching the original version of Game of Death. It was horrible and I wouldn't wish a viewing of it upon my enemies.

Dukefrukem 08-10-05 03:18 PM

I'll second: Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind

boring as all hell... i dont care about the Montaug project...

Cassidy Bogart 08-10-05 08:45 PM

Does nobody here like Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind?

LordSlaytan 08-10-05 11:47 PM

Originally Posted by Cassidy Bogart
Don’t worry, Cassidy. There are plenty of slobbering fans of Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind here at MoFo. Personally…it’s one of my five favorite romance films.

I did see a lot of people get up and leave the advance screening I went to. It was a packed house in an auditorium that housed over a thousand. There were also plenty of disappointed Dumb & Dumber - Carrey fans complaining outside after the show.

Same thing happened when I went to see Soderbergh’s Solaris, and all the peeved fans of action sci-fi left an hour into it. Adam Sandler - Waterboy fans split a half hour into Punch-Drunk Love, which is also a favorite romance flick of mine. Most recently, it was Sin City that split a theater audience.

I kinda like it when that happens and I’m on the winning side by enjoying the picture. Especially when I fall in love with it like I did Eternal Sunshine, Punch-Drunk Love, and Sin City. I feel…privileged.

SamsoniteDelilah 08-11-05 12:36 AM

Originally Posted by Cassidy Bogart
I like it loads.
I had some problems with it, mainly centering around the character of Joel (or the absence of a character for Joel... what a nebbish) but I liked the story, themes, art, and Kate Winslet a whole lot.

I turned off Dr Strangelove BUT!!! have been talked into giving it another go please put your phasers back on Safety!

Misirlou 08-11-05 12:42 AM

Originally Posted by SamsoniteDelilah
I turned off Dr Strangelove BUT!!! have been talked into giving it another go please put your phasers back on Safety!
I didn't finish it either, it is the only Kubrick film I didn't like.

I thought I was the only one

LordSlaytan 08-11-05 12:43 AM

Originally Posted by SamsoniteDelilah
Ooohhh.....I hope you have fun.

George C. Scott is so incredibly funny in it. Even his minute facial ticks make me laugh.

My quote is one of my favorite lines and makes me bust a gut every time I hear the big serious bear, Sterling Hayden, say it.

And of course Slim…I always loved Slim…especially when he rides nukes. :yup:

…and Sellers in all his glory.

…and a script so perfectly human that it stands the test of time.

Kubrick had a way of doing that.

got2envy 08-12-05 10:05 AM

Dr.Stranglove was great! "NO fighting in the war room!"

Sedai 08-12-05 11:33 AM

Don’t worry, Cassidy. There are plenty of slobbering fans of Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind here at MoFo. Personally…it’s one of my five favorite romance films.

I did see a lot of people get up and leave the advance screening I went to. It was a packed house in an auditorium that housed over a thousand. There were also plenty of disappointed Dumb & Dumber - Carrey fans complaining outside after the show.

Same thing happened when I went to see Soderbergh’s Solaris, and all the peeved fans of action sci-fi left an hour into it. Adam Sandler - Waterboy fans split a half hour into Punch-Drunk Love, which is also a favorite romance flick of mine. Most recently, it was Sin City that split a theater audience.

I kinda like it when that happens and I’m on the winning side by enjoying the picture. Especially when I fall in love with it like I did Eternal Sunshine, Punch-Drunk Love, and Sin City. I feel…privileged.
Ah, what would I do without Slay. You said it man. I also like to stand around outside the theater to listen to what folks have to say about a film. Sometimes I have to bite my tounge while listening, though. I loved both Eternal Sunshine and the SOlaris remake. I think Solaris is Clooney's most personal performance, and the film is shot wonderfully. Kubrick would have smiled when he saw how Soderbergh lensed the film. People complain that the film is slow, but to that I say...I like slow films. The Age of Innocence comes to mind as another film I get complaints about pacing etc. about. I love just floating sround with the camera in films like these. Eternal Sunshine is one of my favorite romance films as well, and I think all involved play their parts splendidly. More and more these days, films take the safe route, the easy route, and it's refreshing when films like Eternal Sunshine come along.

To add to the thread....

Phantom of the Opera - May I just say again...Joel Shumacher is THE WORST director ever.

voneil7 08-12-05 12:15 PM

Phantom of the Opera - May I just say again...Joel Shumacher is THE WORST director ever.[/quote]

C'mon Sedai, he did direct Batman Forever and Batman &... oh wait, never mind, you're right.

Sorry, can't seem to figure out how put the quotes in those fancy boxes like everyone else

Pyro Tramp 08-12-05 12:31 PM

You can either choose the reply option in the bottom right corner of the post you want to reply to or it's

[quote= (the name of whoever you're qouting)} the quote [/quote]

(the '}' is actually a ']' btw)

voneil7 08-12-05 12:37 PM

thanks Pyro Tramp!

Carlito Brigante 08-31-05 05:24 AM

Legally Blonde
Lost in translation
Monster(Charlize Theron)
Million Dollar Hotel
Trainspotting
secret window
national security
Gothika
Kill Bill Volume 2
Lara Croft

ruby07 08-31-05 06:54 AM

hide and seek
moulin rouge
evita
eternal sunshine
war of the worlds
bewitched

gummo 08-31-05 03:15 PM

Some of you will probably be offended but I couldn't get through Kung-fu Hustle. I fell asleep during the first 1/2 hour. My friend keeps telling me to rent it again and watch it but I think I will fall asleep even sooner. Maybe someday I can get through it, maybe I am just not in the mood for this type of movie right now. It sounds funny, but...

nebbit 08-31-05 08:11 PM

Originally Posted by gummo
maybe I am just not in the mood for this type of movie right now. It sounds funny, but...
I know what you mean that happens to me sometimes :yup:

criss 08-31-05 08:59 PM

i remember last year´s summer, me and my boyfriend wanted to go to the cinema and didnt know what to see, so we went to see I, robot
we left the cinema in less than 20 minutes i think:) since then i think twice which film to see
it happened with other films too but this is the one i remember now

m0dern_pr0phet 09-01-05 01:43 AM

I wasn't at the movies but I hired this movie out called Sickle. It seemed pretty good by the cover (big mistake). It was supposed to be a horror flick but it seemed like a school project. Such bad acting and little action..

biko523 09-01-05 05:35 AM

Signs was probably the wrost movie i've ever seen, that was just terrible.

nebbit 09-01-05 06:23 AM

Originally Posted by biko523
Signs was probably the wrost movie i've ever seen, that was just terrible.
You are the only person I have met, http://bestsmileys.com/hello/1.gif who Hasn't liked Signs except me :yup:
keep it quiet as a lot of people here like it http://bestsmileys.com/whisper/1.gif

gummo 09-01-05 09:57 AM

Originally Posted by nebbit
You are the only person I have met, http://bestsmileys.com/hello/1.gif who Hasn't liked Signs except me :yup:
keep it quiet as a lot of people here like it http://bestsmileys.com/whisper/1.gif

I didn't like it either, however I did get through it.

TheUsualSuspect 09-01-05 02:41 PM

Platoon Best Picture???? It was boring for me.
Dead Man Walking Didn't interest me.
Belly TERRIBLY BORING

samq79 09-01-05 05:29 PM

I know that it won Halle the best picture Oscar, but Monster's Ball has to be one of the most horrible and depressing movies I've ever seen. I held out and finished it, but when I was done, I REALLY wished I had turned it off. Halle was good, but that movie SUCKED!

labonte18 09-01-05 07:19 PM

I know 90% of the people here may be offended by this, but the 2 movies that came to mind are

The Godfather i tried a few times, but it was just boring to me, then i read it was 3 hours long and i said forget it.

Lord of the Rings I was excited to watch this but after about 20 minutes I was so uninterested I just turned it off, i got to the part where they were dancing at some village gathering, bored the hell our of me and i didn't know what was going on.

MovieDan82 09-01-05 07:44 PM

I'm ashamed to say that I had to give up on Lawrence of Arabia the first time I saw it (I was 13). I was only ready for it's awesome power when I was in my late teens.

gummo 09-01-05 08:09 PM

Originally Posted by labonte18
I know 90% of the people here may be offended by this, but the 2 movies that came to mind are

The Godfather i tried a few times, but it was just boring to me, then i read it was 3 hours long and i said forget it.

Lord of the Rings I was excited to watch this but after about 20 minutes I was so uninterested I just turned it off, i got to the part where they were dancing at some village gathering, bored the hell our of me and i didn't know what was going on.

I attempted to watch these movies but I too couldn't get through them. I even tried reading The Godfather but put it down after the first chapter and never went back.

nebbit 09-02-05 03:53 AM

I didn't like it either, however I did get through it.
Me too, I very rarely turn a movie off, but sometimes you have to turn Mr Segal off :yup:

biko523 09-02-05 06:38 AM

was anyone able to finish watching the Ladykillers (Ethan Coen, 2004, Joel Coen, 2004). That was just horrible, and it stems from the acting. I am a fan of the Coen's, for the most part, but this movie was just, bad!

nebbit 09-02-05 08:46 AM

was anyone able to finish watching the Ladykillers
I did :yup: that doesn 't mean i like it :nope:

criss 09-03-05 06:18 PM

was anyone able to finish watching the Ladykillers !
I finished watching it:king: :) and yes at the beginning i didnt like it at all, but then it wasnt so so bad, i think i wouldnt see it again but there were some interesting moments in it

TheUsualSuspect 09-03-05 06:42 PM

Lawrence of Arabia is another one I didn't finish

nebbit 09-03-05 10:26 PM

Originally Posted by TheUsualSuspect
Lawrence of Arabia is another one I didn't finish

:eek:

Timing 09-05-05 12:40 PM

I recently rented A Very Long Engagement and I did finish it but it was difficult. After seeing Amelie a few years ago and loving it, I had to check this one out to see if Jenuet and Tautou could engineer another magical film. Unfortunately, I would have probably enjoyed this movie a lot more if I hadn't seen Amelie because a lot of the same quirks and cute little things from Amelie are repeated in this movie. I couldn't help but roll my eyes every time it happened. Very disappointed even though it's a solid movie on its own.

AA Institute 09-05-05 04:27 PM

Lord of the Rings 2. I had just arrived from a trip abroad and was still adjusting to the time difference and jet-lag... I actually managed to sleep through about 60% of that movie in the cinema - LOL! :)

AA
http://www.publishedauthors.net/aa_spaceagent/
"The ultimate dream adventure awaiting humanity..."

Misirlou 09-06-05 09:31 PM

Rented Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow :( I watched about 20 minutes then decided I'd rather go buy some more shoes :D I think I made the right decision :yup:

MyMovieWasBest 09-08-05 02:27 AM

Attack of the Killer Tomatoes. I'll watch almost anything, even really bad movies I can find humor in. I hated Killer Tomatoes because it tried to be funny and failed miserably in my opinion. By the way, anyone ever see Skid Kid?

chirpy_sabz 11-02-05 03:27 PM

Gangs Of New York...it was so boring.

Clark Nova 11-02-05 03:33 PM

Originally Posted by chirpy_sabz
Gangs Of New York...it was so boring.
Really? I loved it, saw it twice at the cinema and have seen it several times since on DVD.

I couldn't finish Anchorman, I walked out of the cinema. Mainly because there were loads of kids in there messing about but I think if the film was a bit better I might have put up with them and finished watching it.

poptart 11-04-05 02:29 PM

Surprisingly, I can't ever turn off or walk out of a movie, I'm too optimistic. I'm always holding on, hoping the movie will improve. I've definitely been burned a couple times as a result of this.

ObiWanShinobi 11-04-05 09:19 PM

Some of you will probably be offended but I couldn't get through Kung-fu Hustle. I fell asleep during the first 1/2 hour. My friend keeps telling me to rent it again and watch it but I think I will fall asleep even sooner. Maybe someday I can get through it, maybe I am just not in the mood for this type of movie right now. It sounds funny, but...
Oh my Lord, that is the SAME exact thing that happened to me, every single word applies.

Recently, the only movie I've actually left was final destination because I thought it was too scary, apparently I was retarded on that day.

Most recent movie I napped through was Bewitched, I tried to stay awake but I eventually just succumbed and didn't wake up until the credits.

belhop 11-05-05 01:51 AM

anchorman--God how horrible. I like will a lot but this movie was just too much. i eventually did finish it but....UG.

signs--awful

The responses here seem so wide and varied..braveheart? I thought it was great! Some of the other films...why couldn't you tell from the title? Didn't someone mention dude where's my car? think about this "Hey honey I've got a great idea there is this movie playing down at the cinema called dude where's my car, sounds like oscar meterial to me!" really now. So if you are that person let me save you some time. There is a movie coming out called zathura. Go rent jumanji and save the trip to the theater. Or, better yet, just watch the commercial on television for zathura and you've pretty much seen it. But don't get me wrong, I too will watch just about any movie out there horrible or not, and you WILL get burned doing this.:)

Escape 11-09-05 05:37 AM

Originally Posted by ObiWanShinobi
Oh my Lord, that is the SAME exact thing that happened to me, every single word applies.
I didn't fall asleep watching Kunb fu hustle, I instead turned it off after the first 10 minutes. Looked ridiculous and the dubbed voices didn't help. Just not my kind of film I guess. I borrowed if off a friend so no money loss there. I had a feeling I would hate it but hoped I was wrong hence the reason I got it in the first place.

Most recent movie I napped through was Bewitched, I tried to stay awake but I eventually just succumbed and didn't wake up until the credits.
Only film I had a nap during was that James Bond flick about 6 or 7 years back. Not the movies fault. I had like 2 hours sleep that day and like the trooper I am, went to the movie since I promised my buddy early on that week. :D

FelixS 11-09-05 09:03 AM

spy kids
planet of the apes
the notebook

and in not a bad way 'requiem for a dream" because i couldnt take it at that time and i havemnt got around to watching the rest of it.

hmm i enjoyed kung fu hustle a lot.

prototype80 11-11-05 09:06 PM

1. sgt. bilko (walked out of the theater)
2. super star
3. a night at the roxbury

shadymaggot 11-14-05 07:56 PM

Originally Posted by Escape
Please..please enough already. (sniff sniff) No more insults about scream. :( :( :(
I love those movies.

ObiWanShinobi 11-15-05 01:20 AM

Scary Movie was the only movie to do justice to Wes Craven's debacles.

/end rant

movie mommy 11-15-05 12:36 PM

Originally Posted by Loner
Eyes Wide Shut, absolutely hated this film.

Too many others to list.
I took up your slack - I love this movie and have seen it at least 15 times :D

I couldn't finish From Hell. Which is weird, I love Johnny Depp, the Hughes Brothers and the storyline, but I just kept going to sleep!

Took me three viewings to make it through Driving Miss Daisy without falling asleep, but once I watched it, I was glad I did.

Libby

The Watcher 11-15-05 03:36 PM

Deuce Bigalow European Gigalo--I saw it for free but after 20minutes felt like someone needed to pay me for enduing it-- I saw this link SPAM removed in another forum and thought I'd love to have Rob in the backseat of the cab--how many times can you hear the word man-gina and think that it's funny---zero but it was sprinkled throughout the first 20 minutes of the movie

The Royal Tenenbaums---it's so boring I'm not going to even bother checking the spelling of the movie. I was really hurt by this movie because it had such a good cast but was just boring--I'm a fan of dry humor but this humor was extra arid--

nebbit 11-15-05 08:27 PM

Originally Posted by movie mommy
I took up your slack - I love this movie and have seen it at least 15 times :D
I can't imagine watching it 15 times :eek: I was able to watch it once, not one of my favourites? :nope: do you think I should watch it again, am I missing something? :p

allthatglitters 11-15-05 08:36 PM

LadyHawke

I don't know why either. It certainly isn't length. Oh well.

Pale Rider 11-23-05 01:09 AM

Mambo Italiano:down:

stevo3001 11-29-05 04:04 PM

Wonder Boys- I hate self-satisfied movies about self-satisfied college people. Plus it had Michael Douglas. I should never have started.

Stalker... I'm trying, I'm really trying, but it's been in one of my DVD players for a while and I can't get through more than a minute at a time.

And one I have finished, but God only knows how-

Glen or Glenda- Crashes straight through 'so bad it's good' to 'so bad you really want to die rather than watch another second'.

lucky_luke 12-06-05 06:43 PM

Originally Posted by mario12122
Kill Bill WAs absolutely awful i cant believe people actually liked it. And yes i "understood" it.
There's something to "understand" in it? KillBill isn't a serious movie:
-The plot sucks. There's absolutely no believable part in the entire movie. It seems to be made exactly to remember us every single time "It's just a movie so instead of feeling disturbed by all the violence you'll enjoy it"
WARNING: "KillBill" spoilers below
When the eyepatch woman get her nurse disguise with a red cross eye patch was specially funny. Or when the wife get out the coffin practically flying through the sand not digging out

-The characters are so shallow that I didn't care when they die in gruesome ways. I think it's funny somehow (Maybe I'm just sick) (And not counting the texan guy because he was really ugly when he died).
WARNING: "KillBill" spoilers below
It was like the wife ended up her first victim and her daughter appeared "Since I am so vengeful and at the same time hounorable I'll say that I killed your mother and when you frow up you can go after me". Or at near the end "You came all this way to kill me but I am as honourable as you so I'll let you stay with our daughter some time before I calm'ly go with you to the yard so we can have a final duel, even if I had no reason at all to kill everyone at the church that day and I would have more chances to live if I just finished you off while you was in comatose or just before I take you to the yard when you're drugged"

-The action scenes were made to be cool with all the blood and all but it was all free violence if anyone noticed. No reason or realism at all. But instead of thrilled most of them made me almost laugh
WARNING: "killbill" spoilers below
Anyone noticed that all the bad guys had samurai swords or any medieval/ancient Japan things and no one had even one gun?

And so. I restate that all this couldn't be made unnintentionally and KillBill wasn't a serious movie but rather an action movie parody. And that's the reason I liked it so much.

7thson 12-06-05 10:38 PM

Originally Posted by allthatglitters
LadyHawke

I don't know why either. It certainly isn't length. Oh well.
I loved this movie, course I am a bit "redneck":D

dubabean 12-06-05 11:20 PM

Lost In Translation-Still Don't Know Why It Won All Those Awards

MyRobotSuit 12-07-05 05:03 AM

Originally Posted by dubabean
Lost In Translation-Still Don't Know Why It Won All Those Awards
Ah, because it's a great film. Try watching it while relaxing snug on the couch with a nice cup of tea. Let the two characters find one another between the hectic drought of their lives and the eccentricity of the ever so neon-Tokyo.

Honestly, it's great and fits in nicely this part of the year.

Ice Queen 12-08-05 10:34 AM

Van Helsing

MyRobotSuit 12-08-05 07:36 PM

I love the fact Van Helsing followed my plea.

Aniko 12-08-05 08:08 PM

Originally Posted by MinionTV
Ah, because it's a great film. Try watching it while relaxing snug on the couch with a nice cup of tea. Let the two characters find one another between the hectic drought of their lives and the eccentricity of the ever so neon-Tokyo.

Honestly, it's great and fits in nicely this part of the year.

It all depends on your taste. As much as I can appreciate the look and feel of it, and loved Bill M. and Scarlett J., I'm not on the band wagon of Lost in Translation being as great as many say it is. I liked it very much until half-way through...then it lost me and some parts drove me crazy. I can't say I hated it, but I doubt I'll watch it again. My soap box might grow.

Different strokes for different folks.

MyRobotSuit 12-08-05 08:46 PM

This is Sideways all over again, eh Aniko? ;)

thecityoutside 12-09-05 10:07 AM

Originally Posted by Krackalackin
I disagree. I thought the dreamcatcher was one of the best horror movies in years. I think one thing people have to understand about stephen King is he doesn't write like most horror movie writers do. He attacks the psychological part of the audience for the scares. He goes for the brain, the rationalizing side to scare you. I think his movies are genius and I loved all of his. Not to say I read his books. I don't. I'll admit I don't but man, his movies are great. He doesn't rely on the blood or the startles or any of that. It's all in your head and that's how he writes it. I'll always stand up for Stephen King because I don't think a lot of people appreciate how much of a horror genius he really is.
Hes no genius infact hes overrated. Some of his novels have made great movies but most of his novels have made pretty average movies and Dreamcatcher is a perfect example. It was interesting for most of the time but ended really badly. The structure wasn't thought out well enough and it just became dull and even a little random. Not the work of a genius. He should have ended it alot more coherently and made things more clever not that i have any suggestions of how he could have done this but i'm not the so called genius writer here.

Strummer521 12-09-05 11:38 AM

Originally Posted by thecityoutside
Hes no genius infact hes overrated. Some of his novels have made great movies but most of his novels have made pretty average movies and Dreamcatcher is a perfect example. It was interesting for most of the time but ended really badly. The structure wasn't thought out well enough and it just became dull and even a little random. Not the work of a genius. He should have ended it alot more coherently and made things more clever not that i have any suggestions of how he could have done this but i'm not the so called genius writer here.
Your response indicated, that you have only seen movies based on King's novels. Very often a writer has little to do with film adaptations of their books. For an example take Kubrick's The Shining, in King's mind, it did such an injustice to his original work that he actually felt hurt by it and years later made his own version for tv. Many other people feel that The Shining is brilliant but the point is: it deviates a lot from King's novel. So my point is: you shouldn't base your opinion of the quality of a writer based on movie adaptations of his work. You need to read the books. If you have read the books then just ignore me but the understanding I got from your post is that you have only seen the movies which very often is much more of a reflection upon the filmmakers than the author.

Aniko 12-09-05 01:29 PM

This is Sideways all over again, eh Aniko? ;)

Nuuuu...not at all. Well, maybe in taking a chance saying something about a movie that I know everyone loves, but that's it. I actually liked the character's in Lost in Translation (thanks to Mr. Bill and Miss Scarlett), which is why I was probably frustrated with it. In Sideways, I didn't like (even hated) all of the charcters, except one. ;)

I don't hate Lost in Translation...I wanted to like it as much as everyone else, but I just don't. I can see if this just isn't someone's cup of tea, that's all. :)

Sorry Mini.

Sleezy 12-09-05 04:53 PM

This is Sideways all over again, eh Aniko?
I actually agree with her about Lost in Translation. For me, it's more like a fine painting than an actual film. There's not much being said, so you're left with all this wonderful imagery that gets you thinking, but not much else. You look at it, watching the color changes, and the visually represented emotions, and you nod your head, and say, "Yes. Very nice." The film has a message, obviously, and I got it, and liked it - but I didn't find it as influential as everyone else.

Originally Posted by Aniko
In Sideways, I didn't like (even hated) all of the charcters, except one. ;)
But again, that's the thing. You aren't really supposed to like them. They're just people, and that's what makes it feel so real. Hell, I don't like more than half the people I know. :) I can understand not wanting to watch people you don't like, but I'm all about watching anyone, so long as it's interesting.

Originally Posted by Aniko
I don't hate Lost in Translation...I wanted to like it as much as everyone else, but I just don't.
You know, Lost in Translation seems to reflect its creator, Sophia Coppola, in nearly every way. She's attractive, visually interesting, full of eccentricity, and she's got an underlying sense of intellect and deep-thinking about her - she just doesn't really much of anything to say.