Movie Forums (http://www.movieforums.com/community/index.php)
-   Movie Forums Site Stuff (http://www.movieforums.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   GUESTS are scary (http://www.movieforums.com/community/showthread.php?t=4059)

n7of9 04-05-03 10:05 AM

GUESTS are scary

1 Attachment(s)
i'm always amazed at the amount of GUESTS at MoFo....i thought i'd show you some of the weird things they do :D :D

look at this screenshot...2 "guests" adding members to their buddy list :confused: mee thinks some of you members visit the boards in stealth mode :yup:

Sexy Celebrity 04-05-03 11:40 AM

That is odd.... next thing ya know, we'll catch the guests sleeping here, getting drunk, getting laid, giving birth, murdering other guests, flying UFOs, going to the bathroom in the Sequels forum....

Yoda 04-05-03 02:08 PM

Re: GUESTS are scary

Originally posted by n7of9
look at this screenshot...2 "guests" adding members to their buddy list :confused: mee thinks some of you members visit the boards in stealth mode :yup:
Depends on whatcha mean. Some members (for whatever reason) log in in "Invisible" mode, which only a privileged few possess the magic glasses to see through.

If you mean that perhaps a few members forget to login before trying to do things, like subscribe to a thread, or add someone to their buddy list, then yeah, it's possible...though it's more likely it's just some Guest playing around to see what they can and cannot do.

Cray zay.

Naisy 04-08-03 05:20 AM

So you can actually see which member whether invisible or not? What else can you do Chris? tell me what I had for breakfast and what socks im wearing? Im telling you this guy has the power to do all sorts of freaky sh_it

Piddzilla 04-08-03 10:35 AM

Re: GUESTS are scary

Originally posted by n7of9
i'm always amazed at the amount of GUESTS at MoFo....i thought i'd show you some of the weird things they do :D :D

'

:laugh: You're so funny...

Sir Toose 04-08-03 10:55 AM

What freaks me out is that they're always viewing the 'printable' pages. Why are they printing it?

Yoda 04-08-03 11:01 AM

Originally posted by Sir Toose
What freaks me out is that they're always viewing the 'printable' pages. Why are they printing it?
Best guess: printable pages show up more in search results, so people who find this site while scouring for info on the web end up viewing those more often than the "normal" thread pages.

Caitlyn 04-08-03 12:28 PM

The guests that are weird to me are the ones who are checking everyone’s profiles or sending e-mails....

Sexy Celebrity 04-08-03 01:16 PM

Originally posted by Sir Toose
Oh, wow, I never looked at a printable page before. It's so bare! I give printable pages an X rating.

n7of9 04-10-03 08:40 AM

1 Attachment(s)
ok ok ok....now THIS is freakin me out!!!!!!!
LOOK AT WHAT THE FIRST GUEST IS DOING!!!!!!!
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

The Silver Bullet 04-10-03 08:49 AM

Gasp, I say; gasp.
Next thing you know they'll be stalking you.

:rolleyes:

MyRobotSuit 04-22-03 01:39 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Who is looking at Django's profile?

Piddzilla 04-22-03 01:43 PM

Originally posted by miniontv
Who is looking at Django's profile?
Guest number 5.

Hey, what if that page showed exactly what you did all the time, even when you weren't online!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

Yoda 04-22-03 04:54 PM

I still don't "get" why this is allegedly scary, or freaky, or disturbing. Sades used to get all quasi-freaked-out by this stuff, too. I've never quite understood why Guests are viewed as so damn unsavory. Perhaps the anonymity rubs some people the wrong way,

Originally posted by Piddzilla
Hey, what if that page showed exactly what you did all the time, even when you weren't online!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:
I'm sure the US government has just such a thing planned. :p God Bless America.

Sir Toose 04-22-03 05:04 PM

Originally posted by Yoda
Sades used to get all quasi-freaked-out by this stuff, too. I've never quite understood why Guests are viewed as so damn unsavory.

Too many bases to cover in that case. Afraid to be caught in a lie.

The Silver Bullet 04-24-03 11:11 PM

Sades used to get all quasi-freaked-out by this stuff, too. I've never quite understood why Guests are viewed as so damn unsavory.
Subtle.

Austruck 04-25-03 12:48 AM

Oooh, mee-oww, SB.

I don't get the whole thing about people finding guests doing things weird. Hasn't anyone here gone to a website where you can register and kinda meandered around a lot first? Or does everyone go to a site and immediately sign up and register?

I know I'm on enough lists and forums that I very often do the guest or visitor thing at new sites ... until I hit a brick wall and can't do something I'd like to do unless I sign up, or until I get bored and decide this isn't someplace I'd come back to regularly.

I sometimes still meander around here and click things randomly depending on my mood.

And other times the clicks are pure accidents: I didn't put the mouse over just the right hot link and boom! I'm somewhere I didn't want to go.

What I find weird is everyone actually LOOKING at the page of what everyone else is looking at! Now that's stalking!!

:laugh:

Aniko 04-25-03 11:44 AM

Originally posted by Austruck
I don't get the whole thing about people finding guests doing things weird. Hasn't anyone here gone to a website where you can register and kinda meandered around a lot first? Or does everyone go to a site and immediately sign up and register?
Before I joined I meandered around here four or five times to see what the topics and members were like. I don't see what is so troubling about guests either.

Also, sometimes when I'm at work, or know I won't have time to post, I may just pop in quickly w/o logging in just to take a peek around.

What I find weird is everyone actually LOOKING at the page of what everyone else is looking at! Now that's stalking!!
I confess....I have stalked from time to time also. :laugh: :D

Mark 06-17-03 04:25 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I know this is an old thread, and maybe Yoda has already looked into this, but I think there's something to this fear of guests:

http://www.movieforums.net/attachment.php?postid=92603

Okay, I can't resist... this is really funny.

Austruck 06-17-03 05:18 PM

LOLOL!!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: