Movie Forums (http://www.movieforums.com/community/index.php)
-   Ongoing Tournaments & Brackets (http://www.movieforums.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   A tune for June (song tourney) (http://www.movieforums.com/community/showthread.php?t=66169)

Chypmunk 05-24-22 10:15 AM

A tune for June (song tourney)

Same as was done in previous tournaments of this type.....
  • Join in and drop out as you please
  • No set number of nominations, nominate on the fly
  • Max song duration: 10 minutes
  • No individual matches means no random or host 'fixing' the matches
  • Only one nomination per person per 'round'
  • Only those with songs nominated in any 'round' are eligible to vote; except the 'Final' where all those that have previously nominated a song in the month may vote should they wish

Every couple of days will be a new 'round' where any and all newly nominated songs are up against each other. As soon as voting starts for one 'round' nominations will be accepted for the next 'round'.

Players vote by ranking all the songs in that 'round' from 1 (their favourite) to n (their least favourite). Songs will be awarded points based on their positional ranking in each vote (number of points will depend on the number of songs contesting the 'round' - if 10 songs #1 song would get 10 points, #10 song would get 1 point).

The winning song from each 'round' (or songs in the case of a tie) goes through to the 'Final' at the end of the month.

Songs that made it to previous 'finals' are ineligible -
list here  

Nominations need to be freely available to all participants, YouTube is most commonly used but any freely available and legal source is acceptable. Sometimes YouTube videos can be geo-blocked so where necessary an alternative link for those who might need it may be required. You can check if/where any YouTube vid has been geo-blocked via this website (link kindly provided by Torgo).

Simples but if any relevant questions just ask.

Chypmunk 05-24-22 10:16 AM

Re: A tune for June (song tourney)

Up plenty early so no excuses not to play if interested, assuming there's enough want to play (minimum reqd is 6 players) ROUND 1 will open for voting at 9 a.m. BST on June 1st - nominations accepted up to that point.

Chypmunk 05-24-22 10:19 AM

My R1 nom:
Brandy Clark - Girl Next Door

ynwtf 05-24-22 11:13 AM

but but BUT....
It's not even the 2.... eh. oh, alright.

So I'll start with the following nom for an EXCELLENT start to the mernth of Jerrrrrn. I caught this during my current Dragon Ball Super binge. We're just out of the Goku Black saga and this song caught (OMG there's a nice breakdown at around 2:20 in lol, sorry, listening now as I type this) my attention as the end credits were rolling. My version is english dub, and those lyrics are heavily modified for DB references, but this version came up in a search and as far as I can tell have NOTHING to do with the show. That's cool though, cuz rarely is anything more entertaining than watching adorably hyper kids jacked up on methamphetamines and noodle carbs swinging their arms wildly in choreographed squat dances that would send most americans into cardiac arrest.

So. Without further ado, I present to you, my possible anime-themed ...theme (?) for the month of Jerrrrrrrn, "The Yoka Yoka Dance! Yoka yoka dance! Yoka yoka, yoka yoka, yoka-yoka-DANCE!"

"E'dybody c'dap yolrd 'ands!? PA-PA-PAN!"

o.O

Batten Showjo Tai - Yoka Yoka Dance

(feel free to correct me if I have the wrong group name)

Captain Spaulding 05-24-22 11:46 AM

Round 1 nom:
RZA & Flatbush Zombies - Quentin Tarantino

Sedai 05-24-22 11:51 AM

Excellent...

I am in for R1!

Jackson Browne - The Pretender

ueno_station54 05-24-22 07:26 PM

i'm in <3

round 1 nom: Diana Starshine - cantbreathe

Torgo 05-24-22 08:01 PM

I'll be your player number six.

Round 1:

Air - Venus

gbgoodies 05-25-22 12:40 AM

I'm in. :)

My Round 1 Nom:
Steve Wariner - The Weekend

Tugg 05-25-22 03:28 PM

My Round 1 Nomination:
Miley Cyrus - Never Be Me

Chypmunk 05-29-22 03:24 PM

Maybe I put this up a little early as it seems like an age of waiting lol. Oh well, only another two and a half days or so to go.....

jiraffejustin 05-29-22 03:32 PM

GZA - Shadowboxin'

honeykid 05-30-22 09:28 AM

I'm not sure how busy I'm going to be this month and was thinking of missing a round or two early on, but I heard this yesterday and just love it and want to get it out there. So I'm in.

Round 1 nom

Wet Leg - Chaise Longue

ueno_station54 05-30-22 11:41 PM

Originally Posted by ynwtf (Post 2302857)
but but BUT....
It's not even the 2.... eh. oh, alright.

So I'll start with the following nom for an EXCELLENT start to the mernth of Jerrrrrn. I caught this during my current Dragon Ball Super binge. We're just out of the Goku Black saga and this song caught (OMG there's a nice breakdown at around 2:20 in lol, sorry, listening now as I type this) my attention as the end credits were rolling. My version is english dub, and those lyrics are heavily modified for DB references, but this version came up in a search and as far as I can tell have NOTHING to do with the show. That's cool though, cuz rarely is anything more entertaining than watching adorably hyper kids jacked up on methamphetamines and noodle carbs swinging their arms wildly in choreographed squat dances that would send most americans into cardiac arrest.

So. Without further ado, I present to you, my possible anime-themed ...theme (?) for the month of Jerrrrrrrn, "The Yoka Yoka Dance! Yoka yoka dance! Yoka yoka, yoka yoka, yoka-yoka-DANCE!"

"E'dybody c'dap yolrd 'ands!? PA-PA-PAN!"

o.O

Batten Girls - Yoka Yoka Dance

(feel free to correct me if I have the wrong group name)
i assure you this will not be the only denpa tune to show up this month.

crumbsroom 05-31-22 12:31 AM

Deep Purple - Hard Lovin' Man

PHOENIX74 05-31-22 12:51 AM

Song tourney virgin...

Courtney Barnett - Elevator Operator

Chypmunk 05-31-22 09:40 AM

Always nice to see a fresh player :up: (lovely to see returning players too of course) ..... just over n-n-n-n-n-n-n-nineteen hours until we start...

CaptainT 05-31-22 07:11 PM

Round 1 nom:
Sparklehorse - Gold Day

Chypmunk 06-01-22 05:00 AM

A warm welcome one and all and especially PHOENIX74 who joins in for the first time...

Chypmunk 06-01-22 06:51 AM

1. Wet Leg - Chaise Longue
  2. Brandy Clark - Girl Next Door
  3. Courtney Barnett - Elevator Operator
  4. Miley Cyrus - Never Be Me
  5. Sparklehorse - Gold Day
  6. GZA - Shadowboxin'
  7. Air - Venus
  8. Deep Purple - Hard Lovin' Man
  9. Jackson Browne - The Pretender
  10. RZA & Flatbush Zombies - Quentin Tarantino