Movie Forums (http://www.movieforums.com/community/index.php)
-   General Movie Discussion (http://www.movieforums.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   POLL: Interest Level in Charlie's Angels (http://www.movieforums.com/community/showthread.php?t=101)

jamesglewisf 10-25-00 04:13 PM

Drew Barrymore, Lucy Liu, Cameron Diaz, Bill Murray, Tim Curry, and John Forsythe all star in the movie version of Charlie's Angels that comes out 11/3.

Check out the Official Site.

jamesglewisf 10-25-00 04:15 PM

Strange. It's not called a POLL on the forum page.

Yoda 10-25-00 04:24 PM

Yeah, that's not automatic - it's just sort of a general rule of sorts to put "POLL: " before your title if it's a poll, to let people know it is. If someone forgets I just edit it myself, as I did now. :)

I voted for "Medium" - any interest stems from the fact that it looks comedic and lighthearted...doesn't take itself too seriously.

Needless to say, I think we can expect sunfrog and Peter (OG-) taking part in this thread very shortly debating over which of the Angels they would most like to see more of. ;D

OG- 10-25-00 04:35 PM

We'll Chris your right. But out of all three of those ladies, I don't think any of them are particularly very attractive. I mean they all are, but I don't find anything special about them. None compare to Denise Richards. But about the movie, I voted highly. This movie looks pretty damn cool. It'll probably be cheesy, but I don't care I like action better than acting. And Bill Murray is a cool guy. I saw him when he filmed the movie about the Elephant. He waved at me, and that's my encounter with a celebrity.

Yoda 10-25-00 04:42 PM

You've got a thing for Richards I suppose...

I have some claims to fame - my father and stepmother once saw James Earl Jones in an airport in San Francisco! He's a mega-star...would love to meet him.

I've also been backstage at a Weird Al concert! I've got a whole huge *AMAZING* story about it to tell if anyone would like to hear it. :)

OG- 10-25-00 04:48 PM

Do tell the story, I'm going to start a new forum about this though. This one should be Charlies Angle stuff. Oh and yes I have a thing for the hottie that is Denise Richards.

jamesglewisf 10-29-00 01:33 PM

Did anybody see it?

thmilin 10-31-00 12:30 AM

nope haven't seen it. voted medium if only because it didn't look like it would take itself seriously. which i hope is the case because I was CRACKING up at the trailers i saw -- how they were doing they're little "martial arts" arm gestures and flipping and crap and then they were stealing the matrix slo-mo movement ... and then bill murray's facing the camera and he kind of swerves away with one of those classic indescribable but funny expressions on his face ... i couldn't take this movie seriously if I tried. :)

jamesglewisf 10-31-00 12:47 AM

It looks like it is supposed to be pretty hammy.

ryanpaige 11-03-00 09:07 PM

I was the guy who voted "Who Cares?" in this poll, and yet I saw it on opening day. I guess I did care. (I liked it, too).

Yoda 11-03-00 09:08 PM

That doesn't surprise me much - it looks as if it has a lot of "fun" potential - mind posting a quick synopsis over in the Movie Reviews forum, Ryan? :)

ryanpaige 11-03-00 09:19 PM

I did post a little tidbit about the film over there (there being the Movie Reviews forum). I guess I could be more specific if anyone really wants me to.

Yoda 11-03-00 09:29 PM

Doh! I didn't see it - my bad. Thanks for the review - well-written and to the point. Glad to had a good time...perhaps I'll go see it, looks like fun. My parents, of course, would suspect some, uh, "alterior motive" for it. :D

sunfrog 11-04-00 02:35 PM

Hey! I resemble that remark. ;)
I want to see this movie, hehehe. I think Denise Richards should be in every movie ever made. Lol! My concern is that that slo-mo, hang by wires kung-fu is getting overdone these days. I like it but it has to be realistic, like it could be something the actor really did. Stuff like, jump up kick 8 times, cock your shotgun 3 times and shoot down a helicopter while doing a backflip and catching a bomb detonator in one hand is NOT realistic. Who the heck is THAT coordinated? Mostly I'm ranting againts music videos. Please, some flabby rapper girl doing jump kicks and a flip while she busts a dance move and pose in mid-air. Ugh! Geeze!