Movie Forums (http://www.movieforums.com/community/index.php)
-   Movie Forums Site Stuff (http://www.movieforums.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Rank How Important Rep Is (http://www.movieforums.com/community/showthread.php?t=57950)

doubledenim 09-28-18 03:43 AM

Rank How Important Rep Is

If there is a discussion for this, please delete. My search came up emptay :yup: .

I don't mean this one way or the other. I know how I feel about rep and I'm curious to see the similarities or differences among others.

mattiasflgrtll6 09-28-18 07:41 AM

Re: Rank How Important Rep Is

Encouraging comments are what I appreciate the most, but rep really helps me gain motivation to write more reviews (which is why it sucks when I get none at all).

So... 4.

SeeingisBelieving 09-28-18 07:48 AM

I love it – and it's the only site I've ever been part of that uses that feature.

TheUsualSuspect 09-28-18 08:16 AM

I know a lot of people don't care for it, but I like it. It's unique to this site. I will say though, that back when there was negative rep....boy....people were really petty back then.

Iroquois 09-28-18 08:26 AM

"Back then"?

TheUsualSuspect 09-28-18 08:36 AM

Originally Posted by Iroquois (Post 1953940)
"Back then"?
;)

cricket 09-28-18 09:26 AM

It's not important for me to get it, but it's important for me to give it. I like people to know that someone is paying attention, especially when I don't have time to comment.

honeykid 09-28-18 10:33 AM

Originally Posted by cricket (Post 1953952)

It's not important for me to get it, but it's important for me to give it. I like people to know that someone is paying attention, especially when I don't have time to comment.
Quoted for truth.

It's nice to get it, but I'm not discouraged if I don't.

Iroquois 09-28-18 10:41 AM

I voted
not because I think it's unimportant but out of sheer resentment at the idea that I ever considered it important enough to keep trying to earn it and now can't break the habit.

Saunch 09-28-18 10:44 AM

Validate me.

Chypmunk 09-28-18 10:54 AM

I can take it or leave it.
I do prefer to leave it though.

phoenix feathers 09-28-18 10:57 AM

I watch the Oscars and help children in need.

It's a
from me.

rauldc14 09-28-18 11:45 AM

I hope this post gets rep. C'mon peeps!!!!

MovieGal 09-28-18 11:53 AM

It's not that important to me. It let's me know if ppl notice what I post. But not necessary. I will quote it post comment if I feel the need to discuss but I'm ****ty about repping. My mentions are off and have been for a while so I have no clue if someone is talking to me.

Velvet 09-28-18 11:56 AM

The Rodent 09-28-18 11:57 AM

I want to vote
:p

Like Movie Gal, me getting reps is just so I know when people have seen something.
It is nice though when people rep something of mine because they like it rather than just a notification of seeing it.

matt72582 09-28-18 12:04 PM

I was thinking about making a thread about reps in general.. For example, do you rep only if you like the movie, or do you rep because of the effort to watch something.. What do you do if someone has multiple movies, and you love half, and hate the other half? Those are the ones I don't rep because I want to be accurate.

Iroquois 09-28-18 12:06 PM

Simple - don't.

Citizen Rules 09-28-18 01:34 PM

I like the rep system...much more for giving reps to others, than for receiving them. Though, it's good to get reps too. It's like getting a smile from someone and that's always nice:)

I like to rep people to let them know different things such as:
  • I read your post and I agree
  • Wow that's a bummer my heart goes out to you
  • I love that movie too
  • I'm disagreeing with your viewpoint, but like you
  • Thanks for the help in a previous post

To me giving a rep is liking being kind to another person. It's a pity some think of reps as a negative thing, they're not.

Mr Minio 09-28-18 01:36 PM

I only ever post here for rep.