Movie Forums (http://www.movieforums.com/community/index.php)
-   Upcoming Movies & Sequels (http://www.movieforums.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Expendables 4 (http://www.movieforums.com/community/showthread.php?t=37020)

jrs 08-30-14 06:45 PM

Expendables 4

Expendables 3 has been billed has the final one in the trilogy. Even in the trailers they tell us to, "Get ready for one last ride". Yet there's talk ...
Van Damme has a plan for Expendables 4
Stallone says he hopes to film it in Asia
Jackie Chan has been approached for the fourth film
Pierce Brosnan confirmed he will join the cast of Expendables 4
Kelsey Grammer is hoping for bigger role in the Expendables 4

This one made me laugh. It has been reported that Stallone wants Justin Bieber in Expendables 4 . It's probably not going to happen, but if God forbid I will seriously never step foot in a public cinema again. lol

The Rodent 08-30-14 06:47 PM

Re: Expendables 4

Maybe Bieber will get killed in the first 5 minutes like that dude in Expendables 2.

Then instead of tracking, finding and killing the bad guys... they track, find and reward.

Cobpyth 08-30-14 09:06 PM

I can't imagine this is going to happen, as the third one didn't make much money.

The Gunslinger45 08-30-14 09:36 PM

The 3rd movie was a watered down PG-13 version where a giant chunk of an 80's action movie, and is without the people I paid to see. Like I want to see Kellan Lutz over Dolph Lundgren.

WoOdWoRk 08-31-14 10:52 AM

Yeah, i can't imagine this happening either. I can only hope he does it right this time if he does. Other than that i'd rather see Sly and co. give us some more nostalgia in other projects.

auburntiger 08-31-14 01:49 PM

if it does happen my wish list is

chloe moretz
kate beckinsale
russel crowe
liam nelson
denzel washington

mojofilter 08-31-14 03:45 PM

The fourth one should include:

Kurt Russell
Steven Seagal
Jackie Chan
Clint Eastwood
Nicolas Cage
Hulk Hogan

The third was terrible.

They need to make this one R-rated, and add more exciting fight scenes.

The Rodent 08-31-14 04:18 PM

Get Mr T in on the 4th as well...

Would like to see Michael Biehn, Bill Paxton and Jeff Bridges on board too.

The Gunslinger45 08-31-14 04:33 PM

Originally Posted by mojofilter (Post 1158283)
The fourth one should include:

Kurt Russell
Steven Seagal
Jackie Chan
Clint Eastwood
Nicolas Cage
Hulk Hogan

The third was terrible.

They need to make this one R-rated, and add more exciting fight scenes.
Segal will never be in an Expendables movie so long as Millennium makes them. Segal did a movie for them once, and there was such a bad falling out over it, both parties swore to never work with each other again.

auburntiger 08-31-14 06:35 PM

Chan & Hulkamania are already said to be on board if it still happens Sly stallone tried and tried to get Seagal for part 3 but he wouldn't budge . sly has already said he wants eastwood and nicholson for future expendable films

Derek Vinyard 08-31-14 06:54 PM

another garbage movie

TheMovie 09-01-14 05:40 AM

I think this movie is better than its predecessors.

Optimus 09-01-14 01:01 PM

The third film was the best in the series, so I really hope the fourth movie happens.

mrtylerdurden 09-01-14 07:02 PM

Please don't make an expendables 4. The third one was absolutely terrible.

jrs 09-01-14 08:20 PM

The third was ok. They all are simply just popcorn entertainment. They aren't made to be oscar winning films. Just to have a good time. And that's what I had when watching all previous 3.

The Rodent 09-01-14 08:36 PM

I guess Expendables are wasted on post 90s kids.

I love the films. They remind me of being 10 years old and saying "What would happen if all these guys got together in one big film?"

mrtylerdurden 09-01-14 08:38 PM

I mean yeah they're fun movies, and they're not supposed to be great but nonetheless they're still so cliched and predictable its just unbearable.

The Rodent 09-01-14 08:52 PM

What's good about The Expendables... is that it works in real life.

Subtle level right there. These guys are old and saggy... they've become expendable. The films themselves hold onto an aged nostalgia.

And what do we have today in their place? Robert Pattinson and... erm... yeah...

Ex4 needs to have... Van Damme,... Gibson... Seagal... Diesel... Paxton... Russell.... Chan... Eastwood,... Cage... Hogan... Biehn... Jeff Bridges... plus the rest... Ford, Li, Couture, Lundgren, Banderas, Crews, Norris, Willis, Schwarzenegger and Stallone... and throw in Mr T, Carl Weathers, Bill Duke and Sonny Landham for good measure.

Maybe get Robert Patrick on board too.

The Rodent 09-01-14 08:55 PM

Add Christophe Lambert and Sean Connery to that list.

Voigan 09-01-14 09:56 PM

I just hope Banderas gets more screentime in the next one. He had some of the funniest lines in E3 but didn't show up for more than 15 minutes or so. :(