Movie Forums (http://www.movieforums.com/community/index.php)
-   Movie Questions (http://www.movieforums.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Answered: Where to find English subtitles for Czech movies? (http://www.movieforums.com/community/showthread.php?t=60831)

Tramuzgan 02-01-20 05:30 AM

Where to find English subtitles for Czech movies?

I found a site from which to download various czech movies, but I can't find english subtitles for any of them.
I did manage to find them for the more famous ones (marketa lazarova, Švankmajer and Zeman's stuff), but I can't find any for the following:
•Elementary School
•Give the devil his due
•Journey to the depths of a student's soul
•Witches' hammer
•A little enclosure in the woods

I've tried every subtitles site I could find on google

Mr Minio 02-01-20 08:46 AM

Originally Posted by Tramuzgan (Post 2062407)
If that's really true, then if you don't have KG, you're pretty much f*cked.

Tramuzgan 02-01-20 11:19 AM

Re: Where to find English subtitles for Czech movies?

Originally Posted by Mr Minio (Post 2062411)
If that's really true, then if you don't have KG, you're pretty much f*cked.
What's KG

Mr Minio 02-01-20 01:23 PM

Re: Where to find English subtitles for Czech movies?

A private invite-only tracker.

MonnoM 02-02-20 04:45 PM

Some of your titles are a little off, so it was difficult finding some. I think I found Witches' Hammer on youtube with English subs. Usually goes by Witchhammer, assuming it's the right film. The others have been more of a challenge, but I may have found subs for two which I'll PM to you later because I'm in a rush right now. I'll keep looking, though. I know how frustrating it can be so I'm making it my mission to hook you up. :D

matt72582 02-02-20 06:44 PM

I found a site from which to download various czech movies, but I can't find english subtitles for any of them.
I did manage to find them for the more famous ones (marketa lazarova, Švankmajer and Zeman's stuff), but I can't find any for the following:
•Elementary School
•Give the devil his due
•Journey to the depths of a student's soul
•Witches' hammer
•A little enclosure in the woods

Since you've tried every subtitle site (I only know of two), try typing in a movie on google, filter duration (long), and then click the VIDEO filter, and if you still can't find it, add a -youtube to the movie title to give you every video EXCEPT youtube, since most are spam videos.

MonnoM 02-02-20 10:06 PM

Think I found Give the Devil His Due.