Movie Forums (http://www.movieforums.com/community/index.php)
-   Actors, Awards, & Directors (http://www.movieforums.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Celebrities/Actors you hate irrationally (http://www.movieforums.com/community/showthread.php?t=62232)

aronisred 08-30-20 04:31 PM

Celebrities/Actors you hate irrationally

Who do you hate for no good reason just by the way they look or their presented personality or the type of roles they fit perfectly/ play often.

For me it's
Anna kendrick - in up in the air she is annoying and quite punchable to be honest.
Maggie Gyllenhaal - just her face is annoying and nepotism in her family also does no good.

GulfportDoc 08-30-20 07:29 PM

Originally Posted by aronisred (Post 2120907)
Who do you hate for no good reason just by the way they look or their presented personality or the type of roles they fit perfectly/ play often.

For me it's
Anna kendrick - in up in the air she is annoying and quite punchable to be honest.
Maggie Gyllenhaal - just her face is annoying and nepotism in her family also does no good.
Kendrick does have a rather rodentia look about her. I don't know much about Maggie.

Matt Damon is an actor who I've always felt was overrated. I don't hate the man, but I haven't enjoyed many of his roles. He was, however, good in Ludlum's "The Bourne" movies. I had high hopes for Jeremy Renner, but he wasn't quite as convincing as Damon.

WrinkledMind 09-02-20 05:05 AM

David Walliams. A punchable face if there ever was. I also feel like he might be a rude jerk in person.

Stirchley 09-02-20 04:05 PM

Originally Posted by aronisred (Post 2120907)
Not nice to punch a woman.

Gideon58 09-02-20 04:15 PM

Off the top of my head:

Gwyneth Paltrow

Jenifer Lewis

JB Smoove

Robert Clohessy

Ken Jeong

Niecy Nash

Gideon58 09-02-20 04:16 PM

Originally Posted by Stirchley (Post 2121576)

Personally, I think Up in the Air was one of her less annoying performances

honeykid 09-03-20 10:02 AM

Re: Celebrities/Actors you hate irrationally

I don't hate any actors or celebrities irrationally. Each has a perfectly reasonable reason.

Take Whoopi Goldberg for instance. Now, she's Satan and if that ain't a reasonable reason I don't know what is.

Steve Freeling 09-03-20 06:35 PM

I'm drawing a blank. I don't hate anyone for reasons like that.

Gideon58 09-04-20 02:39 PM

You might be taking the word "hate" too literally. I think the OP means is actors you just don't like to watch, actors you think are bad at what they do, actors that you might think don't deserve the career and acclaim they achieve.

scarletxxxx4 09-05-20 11:42 AM

Originally Posted by Stirchley (Post 2121576)
im a woman and to be honest i think there should be equality between men and women

women are threated like some kind of divine untouchable creatures, is disgusting

but whatever

skizzerflake 09-05-20 11:55 AM

It's interestingly important to separate actors from their roles. If I were inviting one of them to my house for some burgers and beer and did not know them personally, I'd probably invite whoever is the worst villain of the moment, since I'd calculate that they got to exorcise their evil on screen, instead of in real life. As for the unfortunately defamed Anna Kendrick, I'd probably ask her to bring the salad and make a point of having some lite beer, since she appears to be a person of small appetite.

MovieBuffering 09-06-20 08:38 PM

Brie Larson because she hates men lol

Stirchley 09-07-20 03:11 PM

Originally Posted by scarletxxxx4 (Post 2122334)
im a woman and to be honest i think there should be equality between men and women

women are threated like some kind of divine untouchable creatures, is disgusting

but whatever
I can’t even. :rolleyes:

Originally Posted by MovieBuffering (Post 2122629)
Brie Larson because she hates men lol
Why do you think this?

MovieBuffering 09-07-20 04:07 PM

Originally Posted by Stirchley (Post 2122799)
I can’t even. :rolleyes:

Why do you think this?
Just google Brie Larson and men. Said she was tired of white men interviewing her wanted to restrict press screenings for just women. Said Captain Marvel wasnt made for men. (her core audience for the flick) And basically her whole self-righteous attitude. That's why it's funny there was a little push to replace her as Captain Marvel online because she isn't a woman of color. Hilariously ironic.

Cobra 10-01-20 12:08 PM

Tom Holland, Brie Larson, Zooey Deschanel, and Pete Davidson

Holden Pike 10-01-20 12:23 PM

The celebrities I hate are totally based on rational reason.

The Rodent 10-01-20 12:33 PM

Originally Posted by Holden Pike (Post 2128554)
Same.
Usually if they're labelled as a "celebrity" it's enough for me to completely ignore them tbh.

John Dumbear 11-02-20 12:48 PM

Originally Posted by Holden Pike (Post 2128554)
Michael Jordon
Pete Davidson
Jane Fonda
Will Ferrell
Amber Heard

FromBeyond 09-29-22 12:13 PM

Olivia Wilde

Hardly know who she is but called Jordan Peterson a pseudo-intellectual hero of the incel community, what a brain dead freak.

John Boyega

Stuck with this guy with the face of a nimwit for life because they needed a black face for Star Wars, has nothing about him, no appeal or charisma and goes on a round table with legends like Tom Hanks to discuss film, first thought was oh they needed a black face again because he was way out of depth and then he starts going on about black victim crap almost instantly, vile.

Must be nice being successful based on colour of skin eh.

Iroquois 09-29-22 12:19 PM

Originally Posted by FromBeyond (Post 2336324)
Olivia Wilde

Hardly know who she is but called Jordan Peterson a pseudo-intellectual hero of the incel community, what a brain dead freak.
Well, isn't he?