Movie Forums (http://www.movieforums.com/community/index.php)
-   Movie Questions (http://www.movieforums.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Answered: French movie with shower deliberately turned too hot (http://www.movieforums.com/community/showthread.php?t=59361)

jorgen 05-15-19 03:16 PM

French movie with shower deliberately turned too hot

I am seeking the title of a (probably) French movie I saw half a year ago on Danish TV. It's about a couple having all sorts of issues in their relationship - and all sorts of sex. But that could have been any movie really:

Only specific detail I remember: The shower in their apartment is not working properly - so every time she takes a shower, the shower instantly changes from warm to crazy hot making her scream out loud. Late in the film it is revealed that he has done this all along just to annoy her.

I look forward to hear from you!

Regards
Joergen

jorgen 05-16-19 06:26 AM

It's a movie like "Love" or "Intimacy" with romance, drama, strained relationship and explicit sex scenes.

KeyserCorleone 05-16-19 11:46 AM

Re: French movie with shower deliberately turned too hot

Wow. This is all the wrong kinds of "steamy."

jorgen 05-16-19 04:42 PM

You're certainly right! And its a weird detail for me to remember. I just really hope that somebody recognize it and can help me with the movie title.

jorgen 05-23-19 08:32 AM

I really hope for help on this one!

I only saw the last half of the film, so I cannot find the film by scrolling through all the imdb, google, wikipedia etc lists of french romantic dramas - they describe a theme that sounds just right, but when I youtube the trailer, the characters are clearly not the right one.

More thoughts to help:
- I think that it was a relatively new film (2016-2017-ish) but I am not 100% sure - I am certain that film is from 2000 or later.
- Movies like 'Love', 'Intimacy', 'The Dreamers', 'Lie with Me', '9 songs', 'Click', 'My wife is an actress', 'Apres vous', 'Love lasts 3 years', have been checked but none of them is the right one.
- A trailer for the movie Irène from 2000 has a shower scene that looks a little like the ones I recall. But I can't find the full movie anywhere.
- There is nudity in the movie - but as I recall it there are no active genitals. It still feels quite abrupt when they rip each other's clothes off in some scenes.
- It's a very strained relationship, they annoy each other a lot - and he is figthing some kind of apathy several times thinking he needs to change things in his life.
- The scenes I recall the best is her on more occasions taking a shower behind a curtain in a little bathtub placed in the living room of an apartment. In all occasions he adds or turns the water momentarily burning hot just to annoy her.

I really really hope for help on this one, as I would very much want to see the first half of it :-)

Chypmunk 05-23-19 09:03 AM

Sorry, none of it is ringing any bells for me at all - hope you do eventually manage to find it though.

thracian dawg 05-23-19 09:18 PM

There's a scene like that in Take this Waltz (2011) but it's not a french movie.

jorgen 05-24-19 04:52 AM

Thank you so very very much!! This was indeed the scene I was thinking of!! I got it mixed up with a french movie I saw at that time - because the theme and atmosphere is the same and the guy in the french movie looked a little like Seth Rogen. But now I get why I could remember this scene so vividly without remembering anything else specific from the french movie :-) I will now scroll through some more french movies to find what I saw - but it is SO nice to have the bathtub scene in place - Thank you very much!

thracian dawg 05-24-19 03:46 PM

You helped a lot in your description. If you said you were looking for a French film I never would have suggested it, but you said probably, so I took a huge chance that maybe it wasn’t a French film.

Yoda 05-24-19 04:07 PM

Good catch! And thanks for coming back to mark it Answered, too. :)

Stirchley 05-24-19 04:30 PM

Originally Posted by jorgen (Post 2011581)
Only specific detail I remember: The shower in their apartment is not working properly - so every time she takes a shower, the shower instantly changes from warm to crazy hot making her scream out loud. Late in the film it is revealed that he has done this all along just to annoy her.
It drove me nuts trying to remember this movie since I remember this particular scene vividly. Definitely Take this Waltz, which is a good movie. Good solve.