Movie Forums (http://www.movieforums.com/community/index.php)
-   Birthdays and Introductions (http://www.movieforums.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Hey there (http://www.movieforums.com/community/showthread.php?t=40308)

Cinemaxwell 03-15-15 07:32 AM

Hey there

Hello, all! My name is Maxwell and I've been searching for a new forum to discuss movies and other related topics. I'm 27, went to film school, and now work a boring office job that doesn't even begin to satisfy me creatively. I tweet a lot, but I enjoy the structure a forum can bring and since a few of the ones I used to post on have... we'll say "dwindled" over the past year or two, I'm hoping this will fill the void. This place/the posters seem pretty chill and intelligent and I'm hoping to find some fun, relaxed discussion.

Feel free to ask any questions.

mistique 03-15-15 07:49 AM

Re: Hey there

Welcome :)

Swan 03-15-15 08:25 AM

Welcome, Miss Vicky!

christine 03-15-15 10:27 AM

Welcome Maxwell, look forwards to you joining in :)

Fill in your favourite films on your profile so we can get the measure of you :D

Yoda 03-15-15 11:42 AM

Hey Maxwell, welcome to Movie Forums. :)

Originally Posted by Swan (Post 1271092)
Welcome, Miss Vicky!
In case you're wondering what Swan means, another user (Miss Vicky) used that exact avatar for a very long time. So don't be surprised if it trips people up now and then.

Miss Vicky 03-15-15 01:22 PM

Originally Posted by Yoda (Post 1271167)
In case you're wondering what Swan means, another user (Miss Vicky) used that exact avatar for a very long time. So don't be surprised if it trips people up now and then.
It actually tripped me up for a second. :laugh:

Great avatar from a great movie. I'd probably rank it at number 11 on my list of favorites. Anybody with a Joaquin avatar is definitely getting off on the right foot with me, so welcome to MoFo! I hope you stick around. Be sure to fill out your profile with your favorite movies and such.

Citizen Rules 03-15-15 01:38 PM

Originally Posted by Cinemaxwell (Post 1271086)

Feel free to ask any questions.
Welcome and start posting! No one here bites much:eek:

BTW would you pronounce your name cinema x well or cine maxwell?

neiba 03-15-15 01:40 PM

After SC, Miss Vicky will have a new lover! :p

Welcome dude, hope you enjoy your time here! Keep posting! :)

honeykid 03-15-15 02:12 PM

Welcome to the site, CM. :) As the others have already said, just jump in and start posting. :up:

Also, I hear MoFo is a great way of passing the time at work. ;)

The Gunslinger45 03-15-15 02:13 PM

Welcome! This is a great place to talk about movies! Joined here two years ago and I am not leaving anytime soon.

Mr Minio 03-15-15 05:20 PM

Miss Vicky doing introduction thread? It mindf*cked me a little bit.

Cinemaxwell 03-16-15 01:35 AM

So first of all, I changed my avatar so as to avoid any confusion. I certainly don't want to be mistaken for anything else.

Second of all, thanks very much for the warm welcome. I do hope to get into posting as the work week goes on. ;-)

Third of all, to the poster who asked, I would pronounce it cine maxwell, as my name is Maxwell.

Cheers, all.

Miss Vicky 03-16-15 01:37 AM

I think I used that pic as an avatar for a little while as well, but it shouldn't cause any confusion. :)
Always good to have another Joaquin fan around. :up: