Movie Forums (http://www.movieforums.com/community/index.php)
-   General Movie Discussion (http://www.movieforums.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Best Chris Nolan movie? (http://www.movieforums.com/community/showthread.php?t=59021)

Pizza Time woah 03-19-19 02:07 PM

Best Chris Nolan movie?

I would defo say The Dark Knight or Inception.

Sunomis 03-19-19 02:16 PM

Re: Best Chris Nolan movie?

The Prestige > The rest

Yoda 03-19-19 02:24 PM

Really depends on my mood, but yeah, usually The Dark Knight, but if not that, either Memento or The Prestige. After that they all bunch together pretty close. I think I like Interstellar a lot less than most people (still good), but I tend to like his films more when I've rewatched them a few times, and I haven't rewatched that one yet.

Tugg 03-19-19 02:31 PM

The Dark Knight

Gideon58 03-19-19 02:34 PM

Personally, I'm torn between Dunkirk and The Dark Knight

MovieMeditation 03-19-19 02:36 PM

Originally Posted by Yoda (Post 1997479)
Really depends on my mood, but yeah, usually The Dark Knight, but if not that, either Memento or The Prestige. After that they all bunch together pretty close. I think I like Interstellar a lot less than most people (still good), but I tend to like his films more when I've rewatched them a few times, and I haven't rewatched that one yet.
I rewatched Interstellar and did like it more as pure entertainment, but I still have grudges against the script and dialogue. Really don’t like that. Characters aren’t really as strong as some of the other Nolan flicks either. I strongly disliked the film on first watch though. I think it’s not quite like that anymore though. I think I’ll have to get a 3rd watch in to be completely sure of where I stand.

Anyways, I’m also on Dark Knight when it comes to his movies I think. Or maybe Inception.

TheUsualSuspect 03-19-19 02:56 PM

My favourites are:

Memento
Inception
Dark Knight
The Prestige

Not in that order.

Yam12 03-19-19 03:15 PM

None.

Nolan sucks.

Derek Vinyard 03-19-19 03:40 PM

Originally Posted by Yam12 (Post 1997500)
None.

Nolan sucks.
https://media.giphy.com/media/X9Z0O2bpi8GMU/giphy.gif

HashtagBrownies 03-19-19 03:42 PM

Memento is amazing. His other stuff is just 'fine'.

ironpony 03-19-19 04:29 PM

I think I will go with Inception or Batman Begins, but Interstellar and The Prestige, and Memento I think are pretty good too.

Hey Fredrick 03-19-19 05:56 PM

Memento is my favorite followed by the Prestige. I also prefer Batman Begins to his other Batman movies. The only movie of his that I really didn't care for was Dunkirk. Not that it was bad but it wasn't as entertaining as his other films.

Iroquois 03-20-19 09:13 AM

Memento

Larry 03-20-19 09:45 AM

Batman begins and interstellar

rauldc14 03-20-19 09:46 AM

Prestige with Dark Knight and Inception in the running.

Abhishek Jain 03-20-19 10:08 AM

For me, its gotta be Inception without any second thoughts!

MovieBuffering 03-20-19 03:06 PM

I'm a sucker for all them but to me The Prestige is his best. Dark Knight is his most iconic followed by Inception. Most important one is Memento because it got the ball rolling. Most underrated Insomnia. Most ambitious was Interstellar. I've only seen Dunkirk once being meaning to see it again. The only movie that hasn't aged well to me was TDKR. It's a fine movie, I'll stop when it's on tv. It's just the one that feels sub par to his standard. I think that had a lot to do with Heath passing away. Think it changed the movie a lot just felt to busy.

Thursday Next 03-20-19 05:38 PM

Inception is almost certainly my favourite, but you could make a case for Memento being the best. Interstellar probably the least best.

Whammy 03-21-19 11:17 AM

Memento

Citizen Rules 03-21-19 12:16 PM

I pretty much hated Memento. The Prestige however I enjoyed and that would be my favorite.