Movie Forums (http://www.movieforums.com/community/index.php)
-   Ongoing Tournaments & Brackets (http://www.movieforums.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Follywood - Heist & Shallow Hal (http://www.movieforums.com/community/showthread.php?t=1245)

bigvalbowski 11-05-01 05:59 PM

Looks like TWTCommish trounced the competition. It's a race for second place this week.

Monsters Inc. - $63m - TWTCommish
The One - $20m - spdrcr
Domestic Disturbance - $14m - bigvalbowski
K-PAX -$10m - spdrcr
13 Ghosts - $7m - TWTCommish
Riding in Cars with Boys - $4m - Sunfrog
From Hell - $3m - TWTCommish
Bandits - $3m - TWTCommish

spdrcr had $44m, spent $15m and earned $30m leaving him with $57m

TWTCommish had $41m, spent $28m and earned $76m leaving him with $89m

Sunfrog had $35.5m, spent $0 and earned $4m leaving him with $39.5m

bigvalbowski had $17m, spent $5m and earned $14m leaving him with $26m

Current Standings

1. TWTCommish - $89m
2. spdrcr - $57m
3. sunfrog - $39.5m [is he still posting?]
4. bigvalbowski - $ 26m

Any new players will start on $20m

Up for auction this week...

Heist

MPAA Rating: R (for language and some violence)
Distributor: Warner Brothers
Production Company: Franchise Pictures
Cast: Gene Hackman, Danny DeVito, Ricky Jay, Delroy Lindo, Patti LuPone, Rebecca Pidgeon, Sam Rockwell, Jim Frangione
Director: David Mamet
Premise: This is the story of a gang of thieves who are planning on that "one big heist", in this case, a jewelry store. (Hackman plays the rival to the leader of the gang who's seeking to take over; Jones is in talks to play the leader of the gang; Rockwell plays a young cousin who is sent along with Hackman to ensure he doesn't cheat on the shares; Lindo plays Hackman's best friend).

Shallow Hal

MPAA Rating: PG-13 (for language and sexual content)
Distributor: 20th Century Fox
Cast: Jack Black (Hal), Gwyneth Paltrow (Rosemary Shanahan), Jason Alexander (Mauricio), Tony Robbins, Susan Ward (Jill), Zen Gesner, Laura Kightlinger, Rene Kirby, Sascha Knopf (Tanya), Joe Viterelli (Steve Shanahan)
Directors: Bobby and Peter Farrelly
Premise: When his father was on his deathbed, young Hal (Black) was told to only date the youngest, prettiest women. And so he does, and as he reaches middle-age, and he's only appreciated women for their surface. What a surprise then when he's hypnotized (by Tony Robbins) into only seeing women for their inner beauty. Soon, he meets a woman (Paltrow) who's quite obese, but he falls in love with her inner self... (Alexander plays Hal's best friend, another self-absorbed, womanizing guy; Ward plays one of Hal's stunning girlfriends)

24 hours from this post the auction will close.

Ready, Steady, Go!

bigvalbowski 11-05-01 06:00 PM

Shallow Hal - $2m
Heist - $1m

:)

spudracer 11-05-01 06:36 PM

I'm gonna say...

10mil on Shallow Hal
5mil on Heist(which doesn't look that good)

bigvalbowski 11-05-01 06:44 PM

Shallow Hal - $11m
Heist - $6m

;)

Yoda 11-05-01 09:44 PM

$18m on Shallow Hal. $10 on Heist.

spudracer 11-05-01 10:28 PM

So that's how we're gonna play...

20 mil...Shallow Hal

Yoda 11-05-01 10:30 PM

$25 million. :D

spudracer 11-05-01 10:36 PM

Instead of raising the price on this to a whopping price it probably won't make, I'll just wait til the clock is almost up...

Yoda 11-05-01 11:15 PM

Hehe. I'll be waiting. :D

bigvalbowski 11-06-01 08:12 AM

$11m on Heist...

has a David Mamet film ever come close to grossing $10m? (Gulp) :(

spudracer 11-06-01 09:49 AM

You know what, I don't think I'll be able to beat the clock today. I'm gonna try. Cheat TWT out of his millions...:laugh:

bigvalbowski 11-06-01 05:57 PM

$26m on Shallow Hal

That's all I have so let's hope one of you guys don't sneak in and take it.

spudracer 11-06-01 05:58 PM

26 Mil - Shallow Hal

spudracer 11-06-01 06:00 PM

27 mil...Shallow Hal

Beat ya!!!

spudracer 11-06-01 06:01 PM

What does this mean??? I posted before it was 4...I mean it was just going slow...

bigvalbowski 11-06-01 06:05 PM

You were a minute too late I'm afraid, spdrcr. :) That was exhilariting. I'm worn out.

The post was made at 5.59pm. I posted at 5:57 with $26. You replied at 5:58 with $26 which didn't beat my post. You then upped your post to $27 but it was too late. The post says 6.00pm. Oh, btw, did you ever see that film starring Jason Biggs and Mena Suvari... I forget what it was called but it reminds me so much of you.

The bigvalbowski gets the big money maker this week costing him $26m.

TWTCommish gets Heist for $10m.

And spdrcr goes home empty-handed. Boo-hoo.

spudracer 11-06-01 06:15 PM

BASTARD!!!!!

Sorry...I'm just a sore loser....LOL...Anyways, I guess I'll just have to wait til next week. :(

Yoda 11-06-01 07:48 PM

I believe you get "Heist" bigval. :) At $11m. You also get "Hal" -- good job. Sorry, Kent! BTW: this game is *loads* of fun. I'm really gonna try to make a real effort to turn it into something automated and official...perhaps with a prize at the end of each calendar year. 'Twoud be cool, no? :)

sadesdrk 11-06-01 08:40 PM

Originally posted by spdrcr
BASTARD!!!!!

Sorry...I'm just a sore loser....LOL...Anyways, I guess I'll just have to wait til next week. :(
Damn it spud! I had 20 bucks riding on your @ss! Don't fail me next time or you're fish food! You hear me?! Fish food!

spudracer 11-06-01 10:54 PM

Originally posted by TWTCommish
I believe you get "Heist" bigval. :) At $11m. You also get "Hal" -- good job. Sorry, Kent! BTW: this game is *loads* of fun. I'm really gonna try to make a real effort to turn it into something automated and official...perhaps with a prize at the end of each calendar year. 'Twoud be cool, no? :)
Thought you could only carry one movie, with the highest bid??? Or am I mixing something up here???