Movie Forums (http://www.movieforums.com/community/index.php)
-   Movie Reviews (http://www.movieforums.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Autumn's Spider-Man 2 Review (http://www.movieforums.com/community/showthread.php?t=7910)

Autumn2099 07-14-04 01:25 AM

Autumn's Spider-Man 2 Review

Ok this is my take on spider-man 2.....I was really pumped and excited to see this movie i mean it is supposed to be the biggest movie of the summer and it is....i mean no movie is gonna make as much money as spider-man 2 did this summer. So there i was watching the movie loving every second of it every frame every angle but then the worst scene and i would say the worst scene in hollywood history came up.

WARNING: "Spiderman 2" spoilers below
The scene after he stopped the train and everyone was lifting him up like he is a god but see i don't mind the people worshiping him because he did just save there life but did they have to lift him up and grab his boobs and all that mess that scene was a complete disaster. It ruined the movie for me i mean it didn't ruin the whole thing don't get me wrong but it took me out of my movie experience and i just sat there and i was thinking to myself what the heck is this nonsense it just saddened me. Especially when Dock ock came to the train while peter was in a weak state and then the people had that stupid one liner if you want to get to him you have to get through me first like they actually thought they were gonna be able to stop Dock ock stupid mortals i am glad they got slapped around like a cheap hoe. But other than that horrible scene the movie lived up to its hype and it is a good movie.

My friends say i am too hard on movies but a lot of my friends just think every movie is good....so what would they know.

Sedai 07-14-04 10:10 AM

Interesting.

I found that scene to be touching and down to earth, showing an inspired group of poeple (in NY no less) standing up for what they thought was right. Did you understand the underlying concepts of the movie about power and responsibility? Doing the right thing for a good cause? Worshiped like a God? I didn't see anything of the kind, looked more like crowd sufing to me... I don't know, if some kid stopped an out of control train and saved my life, I would hold him in somewhat high regard for at least a few minutes.

WARNING: "Spiderman" spoilers below
When Spiderman was losing his powers because of his lack of belief, did you catch the metaphorical meaning behind that? Really I thought it wa one of the stronger scenes in the film.

The mini sun on the other hand, flew in the face of physics, but I ignored that fact and tried to pay attention to the (quite good) concepts behind the characters and story threads. The fact that Raimi successfully blended the effects with a real human story was what made the film good for me.

Also, please tag your spoilers, and welcome to MoFo.

The Taxi Driver 07-14-04 10:39 AM

Originally Posted by Autumn2099
WARNING: "Spiderman 2" spoilers below
Especially when Dock ock came to the train while peter was in a weak state and then the people had that stupid one liner if you want to get to him you have to get through me first like they actually thought they were gonna be able to stop Dock ock stupid mortals i am glad they got slapped around like a cheap hoe. But other than that horrible scene the movie lived up to its hype and it is a good movie.

Well im pretty sure that one liner thing you said was in the comic book. And Stan Lee helps write the movie so he probobly wanted that. i only kinda dont like that part because basicly the same thing happened in the first movie. when everyone was throwing stuff at green goblin and yelling stuff at him.

KittyJunkie 07-15-04 12:03 AM

I absolutely loved Spider-Man 2, but I did feel they were repeating several scenes from Spider-Man 1. It worked for them the first time, and probably the second. But there's only that many times they can use similar looking scenes. I hope we see something new (yet good!) in part 3.

WARNING: "Spider-Man and Spider-Man 2" spoilers below

1. Both enemies were originally respectable adults in Peter Parker's life who turned crazy after experiments gone wrong.
2. There were voices whispering to the enemies to turn them from regular joe to mad raving lunatic.
3. Both enemies were former brilliant scientists who decided to turn their own science guniea pig.
4. Both die at the end.
5. Both enemies have seen Spider-Man's true face, not to mention the guy who killed Uncle Ben.
6. Mary Jane is linked to a man of fame, and Peter looks up to see her with her new guy for the first time (Spider-Man - on the balcony. Spider-Man 2 - on the stairs).
7. Both times he was there on a photography assignment.
8. Mary Jane needs saving at the final action scene.
9. Aunt May needs saving somewhere in the middle.
10. Peter does a spectacular backward flip somewhere 1/4 of the movie, and some person says "How'd he/you do that?!" (Spider-Man - classmates in school during the fight with Flash Thomson. Spider-Man 2 - the two little boys on the street)

Autumn2099 07-15-04 12:51 AM

See i still didn't like the scene and its not like i didn't understand it i did but i still didn't like the scene it still bothered me and the problem is is that it was too emotional for me for a superhero movie. But that is just me and i hope i see better in spider-man 3 and i appreciate you guys trying to help me understand it though but it still sucked.

Sedai 07-15-04 10:00 AM

Originally Posted by Autumn2099
See i still didn't like the scene and its not like i didn't understand it i did but i still didn't like the scene it still bothered me and the problem is is that it was too emotional for me for a superhero movie. But that is just me and i hope i see better in spider-man 3 and i appreciate you guys trying to help me understand it though but it still sucked.
LOL, he man, you can think whatever you want about the movie!! That's your right. About the emotion thing. A good story needs emotion, or it's vapid and shallow as far as I am concerned. As much as we don't want it to sometimes, emotion defines us as a race, and capturing these concepts on screen in unique ways is what makes an enjoyable film for me. To each their own though....

The Taxi Driver 07-15-04 11:02 AM

Originally Posted by KittyJunkie
I absolutely loved Spider-Man 2, but I did feel they were repeating several scenes from Spider-Man 1. It worked for them the first time, and probably the second. But there's only that many times they can use similar looking scenes. I hope we see something new (yet good!) in part 3.

WARNING: "Spider-Man and Spider-Man 2" spoilers below

1. Both enemies were originally respectable adults in Peter Parker's life who turned crazy after experiments gone wrong.
2. There were voices whispering to the enemies to turn them from regular joe to mad raving lunatic.
3. Both enemies were former brilliant scientists who decided to turn their own science guniea pig.
4. Both die at the end.
5. Both enemies have seen Spider-Man's true face, not to mention the guy who killed Uncle Ben.
6. Mary Jane is linked to a man of fame, and Peter looks up to see her with her new guy for the first time (Spider-Man - on the balcony. Spider-Man 2 - on the stairs).
7. Both times he was there on a photography assignment.
8. Mary Jane needs saving at the final action scene.
9. Aunt May needs saving somewhere in the middle.
10. Peter does a spectacular backward flip somewhere 1/4 of the movie, and some person says "How'd he/you do that?!" (Spider-Man - classmates in school during the fight with Flash Thomson. Spider-Man 2 - the two little boys on the street)
nice you did a good job linking the two movies