Movie Forums (http://www.movieforums.com/community/index.php)
-   Movie Reviews (http://www.movieforums.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Mofo Bros Top 100: A Raul and Sean Production (http://www.movieforums.com/community/showthread.php?t=64629)

SpelingError 08-22-21 09:35 PM

Re: Mofo Bros Top 100: A Raul and Sean Production

Great thread so far. I've seen all the currently listed films except for Shoplifters.

JayDee 08-22-21 09:57 PM

Interesting concept. Though it's got me puzzling as to how I'll list this in the master list of favourite film lists :confused: lol

Citizen Rules 08-22-21 10:00 PM

The Kid, Sunrise, Metropolis...All three great choices...Sean I'm really liking your structure for your guys countdown...and I'm liking both yours and Raul's choices, which are so different from each other.

Cool thread guys!

The Florida Project, while I didn't totally love it, I have to say it was fresh, unique and felt honest to me. The director seemed like he was more into the creativity and artistry than just churning out a mega blockbuster. Good addition to your countdown Raul.

Mr Minio 08-23-21 02:33 AM

TOP 100 in the same thread?!

That's a cute way of announcing you're a couple!

rauldc14 08-23-21 07:31 AM

1 Attachment(s)

One of my favorite horrors of all time. Helped by what I consider a really good performance by Naomi Watts. Of course it's got a bit of nostalgia to it, remember seeing this one in the theater too and loving it instantly. Seen it countless times and that hasn't changed.

rauldc14 08-23-21 08:15 AM

1 Attachment(s)

Wilder is among my favorite directors of all time and this one has it all. Great acting, specifically love Laughton in this one, a fantastic script, and really good dialogue. A twist that I consider one of the best I've seen.

honeykid 08-23-21 08:19 AM

So far you're giving me Chaplin, Potemkin and modern films? Dear God it's a good job I like you two. :D:up:

seanc 08-23-21 09:50 AM

Originally Posted by honeykid (Post 2232557)
So far you're giving me Chaplin, Potemkin and modern films? Dear God it's a good job I like you two. :D:up:
Don’t worry HK, you know I picked the wrong 70’s and 80’s films too. :)

seanc 08-23-21 09:52 AM

I loved Witness For The Prosecution when I saw it. Really needs a rewatch. I think it’s my favorite Laughton, maybe The Suspect.

I have already watched Florida Project three times so it’s safe to say it’s sticking with me.

The Ring is, indeed, a movie. ;)

Thief 08-23-21 09:53 AM

The Ring is the first one of raul's that I've seen. Not a huge fan, but *that* jumpscare? I have to give it that.

rauldc14 08-23-21 11:23 AM

1 Attachment(s)

Our first "match" of the countdown. For me rewatching it a few years ago, I'm amazed by how such a silent can keep me glued to the story. This film is coming up on 100 (?!?) years old and doesn't feel dated at all. Brilliantly directed by Murnau and is shot so well.

Thief 08-23-21 11:33 AM

Sunrise is a huge blind spot for me; maybe the biggest as far as silent films go. Need to get on that.

Citizen Rules 08-23-21 11:40 AM

Witness for the Prosecution one of my all time favorites, good choice. The Ring, I've not heard of it.

seanc 08-23-21 11:41 AM

Nice! Definitely going to be interesting to see how many crossovers we have.

SpelingError 08-23-21 11:49 AM

Witness for the Prosecution is excellent, though the final minute or two gets a bit excessive for me.

I also like The Ring quite a bit. I'll have to watch Ringu someday to see how I respond.

SpelingError 08-23-21 11:50 AM

Sunrise is also great.

rauldc14 08-23-21 01:09 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Excellent human study with some great performances by John Hurts and Anthony Hopkins. This one really grew on me with the last watch. If this doesn't affect you emotionally then I don't know if you're human.

seanc 08-23-21 01:15 PM

Really liked Elephant Man first watch. Maybe the only Lynch movie I enjoyed? I would have to check myself on that one, but I know it ain’t many.

rauldc14 08-23-21 01:21 PM

You kind of know how I feel about him, it's pretty much the same but I do have a few that I need to get to yet. Plus, I really like Eraserhead :)

seanc 08-23-21 01:26 PM

Originally Posted by rauldc14 (Post 2232642)
You kind of know how I feel about him, it's pretty much the same but I do have a few that I need to get to yet. Plus, I really like Eraserhead :)
We all have those movies we love that seem out of character for our taste. Eraserhead is always the one I think of for you.