Movie Forums (http://www.movieforums.com/community/index.php)
-   Intermission: Miscellaneous Chat (http://www.movieforums.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Random Acts Of Kindness Towards Sick/Injured Animals. (http://www.movieforums.com/community/showthread.php?t=51304)

Stirchley 01-18-19 04:31 PM

Originally Posted by cricket (Post 1983628)
We have a cat door in the garage door so ferals can come in and warm up but not on the basement door. It's going to be too cold outside for him anyway.
We have 4 outside cats who never come inside. There is a cozy crawl space under the back porch with lots of blankets, etc., but it’s unheated. Cats have fur coats!

cricket 01-18-19 04:47 PM

Originally Posted by Stirchley (Post 1983638)
We have 4 outside cats who never come inside. There is a cozy crawl space under the back porch with lots of blankets, etc., but it’s unheated. Cats have fur coats!
Yea I was going to get a nice shelter for him if he were to stay here but he seems to like being inside.

Stirchley 01-18-19 07:44 PM

Originally Posted by cricket (Post 1983644)
Yea I was going to get a nice shelter for him if he were to stay here but he seems to like being inside.
Of course he does. It might be the first time he’s ever been indoors.

You guys getting the major snowstorm coming down the pike tomorrow afternoon? Connecticut, unfortunately, is.

cricket 01-26-19 02:29 PM

1 Attachment(s)

https://media1.tenor.com/images/a6d4...itemid=5648885

lenslady 01-26-19 08:27 PM

Re: Random Acts Of Kindness Towards Sick/Injured Animals.

Oh Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

:(

cricket 01-26-19 09:18 PM

Originally Posted by lenslady (Post 1985579)
Oh Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

:(
Haha it's ok. I found a woman in her 60's who lives alone. Her cat passed away last year at the age of 15 and she needed a companion. Tom Tom will now have the run of the house and all the attention that he wants. His transformation has been amazing.

lenslady 01-28-19 01:54 AM

A wonderful cat. I will miss seeing his charming furry face on mofo. I ' m glad he's going somewhere that sounds like it could be a good cosy home for him. ( Much better than living in a barn imho).
I hope it isn't too hard an adjustment for him. Will you get a 'progress report' on him, or ( more likely) is your end of the job basically done for now?

I could never do what you and
Mrs. @cricket do- that is, rescue cats and then find homes for them. I'd get too attached. I'd wind up having 900 cats.

Goodbye Tom (sigh)

cricket 01-28-19 09:39 AM

Originally Posted by lenslady (Post 1985794)
A wonderful cat. I will miss seeing his charming furry face on mofo. I ' m glad he's going somewhere that sounds like it could be a good cosy home for him. ( Much better than living in a barn imho).
I hope it isn't too hard an adjustment for him. Will you get a 'progress report' on him, or ( more likely) is your end of the job basically done for now?

I could never do what you and
Mrs. @cricket do- that is, rescue cats and then find homes for them. I'd get too attached. I'd wind up having 900 cats.

Goodbye Tom (sigh)
Yes I will be keeping in touch and I also have to get his medical papers for her.

lenslady 01-28-19 11:56 AM

Good to hear. Let us know, if you don't mind, how he's doing.

Well, with a couple of dogs, plus an open door policy at the @cricket canine hotel, , I guess your hands are pretty busy. Don't even know how you have time for the cat rescue - but you must get a lot of satisfaction from doing it.

Stirchley 01-28-19 10:08 PM

Originally Posted by cricket (Post 1985435)
I know he’s going to a good place, but I still feel sad.

Stirchley 06-07-19 03:33 PM

Super-stressed with a cat rescue. I have a young female in a cat carrier outside my front door & waiting for my go-to person to arrive from the shelter. She couldn’t come until 4 & I’ve had the cat in the carrier since 1 p.m. so I feel v. guilty & upset that I am putting kitty through this. She is tame (belly rubs), but v. feisty. Was not easy at all to get her in a carrier, but a neighbor helped me & we finally managed it. My plan was to let her out on my sun porch, but, if I did, I could not get her in carrier again. She is v. unhappy, naturally.

It’s a v. nice shelter across the CT river where I can’t get to since I don’t drive. My go-to person is a cat whisperer if ever there was one & I’m glad she is available to help me today. I will give her a check for the shelter & also give her some personal gas money though it is not mandatory.

Kitty is young & she was an accident-about-to-happen. Sitting in front of an apt building & going to & fro across the street. Been seeing her for a few days now & have been v. worried for her safety. (Lots of bad people around & cars.) I consider that she is adoptable & I hope she will have a good life from hereon in. I believe she was either dumped here or left behind. Gosh, I hate people.

Stirchley 06-07-19 06:32 PM

https://media1.tenor.com/images/9dc3...temid=11760779

Hey Fredrick 06-08-19 08:56 AM

I was watching a movie the other night when my GF comes running into the room. "You gotta come see this!" So I follow her into the bedroom and look out the window towards the bird feeders and at one of our feeders is a bright yellow bird. Now we aren't birders by any stretch but this was not what we normally see feeding on our cheap seed. The next day she goes out to see if it's still there and sure enough it is. She grabs a handful of sunflower seeds and snapped this:
https://i.imgur.com/PCYndGm.jpg?3

A very friendly bird, she managed to get it into a cat carrier and took it to the Humane Society. The bird had a little tag on one of its legs so it was either carrying vital top secret information and was taking a break from its long journey or someones pet got outside. Either way I'm glad we got to him before the cats.

Stirchley 06-28-19 03:31 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Love this photo. Europe is experiencing massive heatwaves (a good portion of northern Spain is literally on fire). These lemurs in a German zoo have been given fruit-filled ice blocks. So cute.

Stirchley 07-17-19 03:02 PM

1 Attachment(s)

My new cat Calyx. About a month ago he showed up in our backyard. No doubt some vile person has dumped him. Unfixed male; vet reckons 24 months old. He is now fixed & his ear is clipped to show this. Very nice cat. Friendly but not clingy. Loves his nice food I give him.

With my experience of cats I do not think he would be happy indoors 24/7. In any event there is no room in the nearest shelter, which is full of kittens. An adult cat has little chance of a summer adoption.

He cannot come in our house because I know my 2 females would hate him. So what to do with him? We have 4 outdoor cats already & I am going to try Calyx outside where he seems very happy. If he in any way becomes a nuisance (disturbing the other cats or crying outside our front door) he will have to be adopted.

He’s a good boy. :)

lenslady 07-17-19 03:06 PM

Lovely tuxedo cat. He looks like he's smiling. I think he wants to stay.

cricket 10-13-19 09:35 AM

1 Attachment(s)
New feral

Chypmunk 10-13-19 09:37 AM

Originally Posted by cricket (Post 2040978)
New feral
Meh, that's no feral - it's using crockery so clearly domesticated :D

cricket 10-14-19 07:23 PM

1 Attachment(s)
It's an invasion

ynwtf 10-15-19 05:58 PM

not for nuthin, but that cat looks pissed =\ "I know you got top shelf cat food in that house...."