Movie Forums (http://www.movieforums.com/community/index.php)
-   Upcoming Movies & Sequels (http://www.movieforums.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   The House That Jack Built (2018) (http://www.movieforums.com/community/showthread.php?t=46257)

CiCi 07-21-16 08:12 PM

The House That Jack Built (2018)

Lars Von Trier has announced that his upcoming TV mini series The House That Jack Built will instead be released as a feature film, with 2018 being confirmed as the release date. Principal photography will start in August around Trollhättan/Vänersborg and Copenhagen, with a budget estimated to be around $10 million.

Not too many details have emerged regarding its plot. But, it will follow a serial killer, and the film will be from their perspective which will span a decade. There will be 5 incidents/murders which will be interlinked in a way similar to Nymphomaniac. There will be 2 main male roles, and 4 main female roles. However, no details surrounding the cast have been released yet, either. Udo Kier, Stellan Skarsgård, and Charlotte Gainsbourg will probably return, though :lol:
However, the cast will be multi national, causing speculation. Stacy Martin is a popular choice to portray one of these victims, given her prominence in Nymphomaniac. I'd love to see Lina Leandersson grab a part, although I don't think she can speak English :(

Emily Watson and Uma Thurman were brilliant with LVT, so it'd be nice to see them work with him again. But:
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-NuboJNti6d...uch-doubts.gif

In other news, Refn isn't on good terms with Von Trier, who asked his wife to sleep with him at Cannes this year :lol:

Swan 07-21-16 08:27 PM

Re: The House That Jack Built (2018)

Coooooool

CiCi 07-21-16 08:29 PM

Originally Posted by Swan (Post 1548839)
Coooooool
I can't wait, I'm such a Von Trier fan. Although, he's one of the few people I admire who I don't think I'd want to meet either :lol:

Swan 07-21-16 08:31 PM

Is this the first time he and Watson are working together since Breaking the Waves? Or am I forgetting/unfamiliar with something else they did?

CiCi 07-21-16 08:33 PM

Originally Posted by Swan (Post 1548843)
Is this the first time he and Watson are working together since Breaking the Waves? Or am I forgetting/unfamiliar with something else they did?
No, no cast members have been confirmed. I just said I'd like to see her work with him again since she was brilliant with him before. But Breaking the Waves was the only film she made with him :(

Swan 07-21-16 08:47 PM

Oh my mistake, I read that thinking she was in it. Bummer. Yeah, her performance in BtW is literally my fave female performance ever. It's tremendous. Would love to see them reunite.

CiCi 07-21-16 08:48 PM

Originally Posted by Swan (Post 1548852)
Oh my mistake, I read that thinking she was in it. Bummer. Yeah, her performance in BtW is literally my fave female performance ever. It's tremendous. Would love to see them reunite.
#ReuniteLamily

CiCi 07-21-16 08:50 PM

He seems like a love/hate character, either people make a career almost dependent on his films, or they refuse to work with him ever again after just one film a la Bjork and Nicole Kidman. There's little to no middle ground :( we can hope, though!

Swan 07-21-16 08:59 PM

I didn't know Bjork refused to work with him again. A shame, though I know he's a controversial guy. Still, they were a good team I felt.

CiCi 07-21-16 09:00 PM

Originally Posted by Swan (Post 1548866)
I didn't know Bjork refused to work with him again. A shame, though I know he's a controversial guy. Still, they were a good team I felt.
Well, she said she'd never act again after Dancer in the Dark :lol: but I agree! I loved her in that film

cat_sidhe 05-16-18 07:34 PM

Just watched the trailer. Heard a lot of people walked out in Cannes. Then I saw this...

Gaspar Noé ‘Couldn’t Stop Laughing’ While Watching Lars Von Trier’s Controversial Serial Killer Film ‘House That Jack Built’

Saunch 05-16-18 07:46 PM

Pretty disappointing that the director of Dogville has settled for cheap shock more apt for American Horror Story.

Dani8 05-16-18 08:34 PM

Oh buhgrr. My brother told me somthing about that yesterfay but i have temporsrily forgotten.

Mr Minio 05-17-18 01:28 AM

The fact a film was booed at Cannes, or that many people left is often an indicator the film is good.

deadpool2 05-17-18 02:40 AM

Just watched the trailer

Mr Minio 05-17-18 03:01 AM

Originally Posted by deadpool2 (Post 1901112)
Just watched the trailer
Just read your post.

cat_sidhe 05-17-18 03:47 AM

Originally Posted by Mr Minio (Post 1901102)
The fact a film was booed at Cannes, or that many people left is often an indicator the film is good.
That's the first thing I thought. :lol:

Iroquois 05-17-18 04:20 AM

Originally Posted by cat_sidhe (Post 1901025)
Ah yes, the one filmmaker that's more of an obnoxious audience-hating nihilist than Lars felt the need to remind people of that fact.

ScarletLion 05-17-18 05:16 AM

Originally Posted by Mr Minio (Post 1901102)
What did they expect from a Lars von Trier film? La La Land 2?

Iroquois 05-17-18 05:53 AM

whatever happened to him being banned for life anyway