Movie Forums (http://www.movieforums.com/community/index.php)
-   The Television & Music Forum (http://www.movieforums.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   is Steven Avery Guilty? (http://www.movieforums.com/community/showthread.php?t=58074)

gandalf26 10-16-18 07:34 AM

is Steven Avery Guilty?

Where does the forum stand with S2 a few days away.

Citizen Rules 10-16-18 12:27 PM

Re: is Steven Avery Guilty?

I don't even know who he is, or what he's accused of?

gandalf26 10-16-18 02:11 PM

Check out Making a Murderer on Netflix.

Have you really not even heard of MaM or Avery? Quite a lot of news coverage 2 years ago and in the mid 2000s.

Citizen Rules 10-16-18 02:13 PM

Originally Posted by gandalf26 (Post 1960397)
Check out Making a Murderer on Netflix.

Have you really not even heard of MaM or Avery? Quite a lot of news coverage 2 years ago and in the mid 2000s.
Nope, not heard of any of that. Least not that I recall.

TheUsualSuspect 10-16-18 02:46 PM

All I know is what half the show has told me and what everyone on Reddit claims to have read they omitted. Which tells me the Reddit community thinks he's guilty.

So I'll say undecided.

gandalf26 10-16-18 03:02 PM

Originally Posted by Citizen Rules (Post 1960398)
Nope, not heard of any of that. Least not that I recall.
Well part 2 starts Friday so maybe worth checking out part 1.

mattiasflgrtll6 10-16-18 03:06 PM

Do we need another thread like this after how the previous one turned out?

gandalf26 10-16-18 03:09 PM

Originally Posted by TheUsualSuspect (Post 1960416)
All I know is what half the show has told me and what everyone on Reddit claims to have read they omitted. Which tells me the Reddit community thinks he's guilty.

So I'll say undecided.
I've been following Reddit quite a bit the past week and the consensus is that there are a few very loud "guilters" who start multiple threads daily and mock those who lean toward innocent, so much so that people have given up for the time being.

However anytime a poll is done on Reddit the results for Avery are about 2.5 to 1 in favour of innocent (according to a user).

I'm sure Reddit will be quite a hive of activity from Friday onwards. I suspect there will be quite a bit of mockery toward Zellner as on the surface it appears she hasn't come up with much.

gandalf26 10-16-18 03:10 PM

Originally Posted by mattiasflgrtll6 (Post 1960422)
Do we need another thread like this after how the previous one turned out?
This is a simple poll a few days prior to S2 to gage opinion.

Citizen Rules 10-16-18 03:33 PM

Is this about a fictional TV character?

gandalf26 10-16-18 03:35 PM

Originally Posted by Citizen Rules (Post 1960434)
Is this about a fictional TV character?
You're trolling :)

Citizen Rules 10-16-18 04:17 PM

Originally Posted by gandalf26 (Post 1960437)
You're trolling :)
The sad truth is I'm not. I've said many times I don't have TV and I don't read the news, MoFo and IMDB is about the only boards I go to. I know about Harvey Weinstein, but not heard of this person.

gandalf26 10-16-18 04:58 PM

Originally Posted by Citizen Rules (Post 1960443)
The sad truth is I'm not. I've said many times I don't have TV and I don't read the news, MoFo and IMDB is about the only boards I go to. I know about Harvey Weinstein, but not heard of this person.
Presumably you could quickly Google Steven Avery for a quick overview of the case.

TheUsualSuspect 10-16-18 05:50 PM

Originally Posted by Citizen Rules (Post 1960443)
Wrongly convicted of sexual assault, went to prison for 18 years or so, was cleared and wanted to sue the police and was then arrested for murder. The show exclaims that the police set him up because they couldn't afford the lawsuit. His mentally handicapped nephew was also charged with murder and footage of confession reveals it was coerced.

Citizen Rules 10-16-18 10:15 PM

Originally Posted by TheUsualSuspect (Post 1960473)
Wrongly convicted of sexual assault, went to prison for 18 years or so, was cleared and wanted to sue the police and was then arrested for murder. The show exclaims that the police set him up because they couldn't afford the lawsuit. His mentally handicapped nephew was also charged with murder and footage of confession reveals it was coerced.
OK thanks for letting me know. See that's why I don't watch the news, it's always depressing.