Movie Forums (http://www.movieforums.com/community/index.php)
-   Actors, Awards, & Directors (http://www.movieforums.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Emma Stone vs. Ellen Page (http://www.movieforums.com/community/showthread.php?t=30261)

arian 11-27-12 10:59 AM

Emma Stone vs. Ellen Page

I think they're both great and will be A-list actresses in the future. They have the same age, they both started young, they both have achieved recognition.
Who's your favorite?

Nausicaä 11-27-12 11:54 AM

Re: Emma Stone vs. Ellen Page

Enjoy watching both in films, both excellent actresses. Emma Stone I like just that little bit more though.

Powderfinger 11-27-12 02:13 PM

I like Emma Stone especially in The Help.

TheUsualSuspect 11-27-12 02:17 PM

Both are great, Emma seems to have more fun and be a lot more natural in her roles. But Ellen has taken more chances, Hard Candy, Super. Plus, she's Canadian.

Ellen.

The Rodent 11-27-12 02:20 PM

Ellen Page... just prefer her as an actress and she's a bit more prettier too.

Powderfinger 11-27-12 02:22 PM

Originally Posted by The Rodent (Post 859808)
Ellen Page... and she's a bit more prettier too.
You reckon! Stop playing pool mate, it clouds for judgement :D

rauldc14 11-27-12 03:18 PM

Page right now for me. Haven't seen enough of Stone though.

wintertriangles 11-27-12 06:37 PM

Don't mind either but Stone is certainly a preference now that I noticed her "City Lights" facial expression in the last spiderman

rauldc14 11-27-12 06:50 PM

Originally Posted by wintertriangles (Post 859880)
Don't mind either but Stone is certainly a preference now that I noticed her "City Lights" facial expression in the last spiderman
just curious what you mean by that. haven't seen TASM

earlsmoviepicks 11-27-12 06:54 PM

Emma Stone, just for replacing KD in Spiderman

wintertriangles 11-27-12 07:25 PM

Originally Posted by rauldc14 (Post 859885)
just curious what you mean by that. haven't seen TASM
Her facial acting has gotten very good is basically all I mean, to the point of reminded me of the beautiful woman from Chaplin's City Lights. To me it shows she's studying the, dare I say, real aspects of the job.

rauldc14 11-27-12 07:36 PM

ahha, that makes sense now. I really liked Stone in The Help. But I think Page is a good actress as well and has just been in more better works.

Wella 11-30-12 01:37 AM

I really like both Page and Stone. Like a few members have mentioned, Page has picked an excellent variety of films to work on and I am impressed with the majority of them, and she is known to look into independent films and accepts roles such as Beyond: Two Souls which uses her talent in a different way but brilliant all the same, so my vote goes with her. For now, at least. I hope that Stone is seen on screen more often in the future; the first film I watched her star in was Easy A, she made me laugh a lot and from then on I kept a look out for any upcoming films that she starred in, I have yet to be disappointed. Both have talent worth watching. And they are both great at being funny! That's always a bonus.

akatemple 11-30-12 02:01 AM

As far as looks go than I would go for Emma Stone, but I am a huge fan of Hard Candy so I will have to go will Ellen Page, also liked her in Inception.

Proximity 11-30-12 03:38 AM

Emma Stone.

This is actually pretty tough, though. Ellen Page is also a good actress and a looker herself.

flipmodes 12-03-12 12:25 AM

Theyre both amazing women, but id give the edge to Ellen Page. Just because it seems like she has more potential.