Movie Forums (http://www.movieforums.com/community/index.php)
-   Movie Forums Site Stuff (http://www.movieforums.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   MoFo Fantasy Football 2019 - Sign-Ups! (http://www.movieforums.com/community/showthread.php?t=59723)

Yoda 07-25-19 05:04 PM

MoFo Fantasy Football 2019 - Sign-Ups!

What, really? Yes, really. Really.

We're just weeks away from a potential draft already (sorry, I usually get this up a week or so earlier). So let's move fast this year!

What even is this?

The members on this site play in a fantasy football league. This will be its twelfth (!) year, and it's a pretty great league. We play with 12-14 teams, and even though there's no money on the line we have a very high retention rate. This league is almost exclusively populated by competitive, engaged owners. It probably helps that I buy the winner this trophy each year:

http://www.movieforums.com/community..._med.jpg&w=600

Can I play?

Yes! Well, maybe. As I said, we have high retention, and some years we only have a slot or two open. This is a Movie Forums league, so heavy preference is given to people who are active on the forums, and this applies even to returning owners. We also give some preference to returning owners, since that kind of continuity is cool, but we lean a little more towards the first criteria. So if you're a regular you stand a decent chance of nabbing a spot. And even if you're kinda in-between, hey, it doesn't hurt to throw your helmet in the ring, provided you can pass concussion protocol after.

If we don't have room, there's sometimes a spillover money league depending on interest (it's just $50), and it usually has several of the same owners anyway.

How do I sign up?

Just reply in this thread and say you'd like to play, and you'll be considered based on all the stuff I mentioned above. You may or may not get in, but there's no shame in asking! And asking and not getting in one year will be considered the next year as a possible tiebreaker, too.

Confirmed:
Yoda

7thson 07-25-19 05:07 PM

Re: MoFo Fantasy Football 2019 - Sign-Ups!

If there is room I would love to play again this year. If there winds up being money league count me in there as well. Thanks much :).

Sedai 07-25-19 05:25 PM

In and activated.

Yoda 07-25-19 05:32 PM

Originally Posted by 7thson (Post 2025760)
If there is room I would love to play again this year. If there winds up being money league count me in there as well. Thanks much :).
:up:

Money league couldn't get enough last year, so we'll see. Long shot unless a few owners can "bring" someone with them who's interested, probably, but we'll see.

jiraffejustin 07-25-19 06:59 PM

Shoot, I guess I'll do it again.

TONGO 07-25-19 08:50 PM

In, and I guess automatically activated.

MovieBuffering 07-26-19 01:56 AM

I would like to play if y'all would have me. I am in 2 other leagues, one for money and one not. So if you can have me in the one for no money and the trophy I'd be all in. Probably won't have much interest in the one for money if there is a bunch of spillage over to form another league.

Just throwing my name in, no biggie if not! Also what site do you use for the league? ESPN, Yahoo, etc? Always been partial to Yahoo ;-)

Yoda 07-26-19 11:04 AM

Yeah, we've used Yahoo. I like both okay, but Yahoo's straightforward and familiar for all of us.

We should have room, indeed. :up: Will give this until early next week to see who trickles in and then sort things out.

rauldc14 07-27-19 12:07 PM

I'm going to pass on this one this year. Just need a break from it.

Powdered Water 07-27-19 02:00 PM

In...yes in!

Captain Spaulding 07-27-19 03:11 PM

Time to add to my trophy case!

https://i.imgur.com/axiOYs7.jpg

cricket 07-27-19 03:17 PM

Just a friendly heads up, they're building a powerhouse in New England.

TONGO 07-28-19 12:35 PM

I guess they haven't set up the official pre-draft rankings yet, who do you all think will number one overall? I doubt it will be Gurley again because he's hurt.

Yoda 07-29-19 01:23 PM

@donniedarko, @mikeython1, @Fabulous

Lemme know ASAP!

Fabulous 07-29-19 08:40 PM

I'm in.

donniedarko 07-30-19 03:31 PM

In! @Yoda

Yoda 07-30-19 03:34 PM

Cool, that's ten already.

Sedai 07-30-19 03:47 PM

Originally Posted by TONGO (Post 2026178)
I guess they haven't set up the official pre-draft rankings yet, who do you all think will number one overall? I doubt it will be Gurley again because he's hurt.
QB Burt Jones

TONGO 07-30-19 04:28 PM

@Sedai

Dude let's get LTizzy back in this year.

Sedai 07-30-19 05:13 PM

Originally Posted by TONGO (Post 2026654)
@Sedai

Dude let's get LTizzy back in this year.
I would end up running her team, and I have enough teams to run! ;)