Movie Forums (http://www.movieforums.com/community/index.php)
-   Ongoing Tournaments & Brackets (http://www.movieforums.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   The Personal Recommendation Hall of Fame (http://www.movieforums.com/community/showthread.php?t=61062)

cricket 03-08-20 07:09 AM

Originally Posted by CosmicRunaway (Post 2071016)
I really like this idea, but I often have trouble picking out a single film, let alone one for every participant haha.
Picking for some people is easier than others, but I find it almost impossible to pick 1 movie that an entire group will like.

rauldc14 03-08-20 10:13 AM

Re: The Personal Recommendation Hall of Fame

I won't be joining (and I'm sorry about that) but if be curious on picks for me had I joined!

cricket 03-08-20 10:23 AM

Originally Posted by rauldc14 (Post 2071028)
I won't be joining (and I'm sorry about that) but if be curious on picks for me had I joined!
I was eyeballing All the President's Men for you.

cricket 03-08-20 10:35 AM

As for me, I don't mind watching something I don't like for this because I want to watch everything from the lists anyway.

Hey Fredrick 03-08-20 10:43 AM

I'm in but I have a question. Are we going to know who nominated what right off the bat or would we find out after we watch all the movies? For example, if I nominate a movie for Citizen will he know it's my nomination before he watches it or would we reveal all that at the end?

cricket 03-08-20 10:48 AM

Originally Posted by Hey Fredrick (Post 2071033)
I'm in but I have a question. Are we going to know who nominated what right off the bat or would we find out after we watch all the movies? For example, if I nominate a movie for Citizen will he know it's my nomination before he watches it or would we reveal all that at the end?
Glad you're in, and I was planning on posting the who a couple of days after the what, just so everybody can wonder for a little bit.

ahwell 03-08-20 11:02 AM

Originally Posted by cricket (Post 2071036)
Originally Posted by Hey Fredrick (Post 2071033)
Glad you're in, and I was planning on posting the who a couple of days after the what, just so everybody can wonder for a little bit.
Maybe after a person watched a certain film, then they would find out who their person is for that one film so it still keeps the mystery up throughout?

And I知 totally in! Looking forward to this.

cricket 03-08-20 11:10 AM

Originally Posted by ahwell (Post 2071040)
Maybe after a person watched a certain film, then they would find out who their person is for that one film so it still keeps the mystery up throughout?
That's a pretty good idea. Whatever you guys want to do is fine with me

And I知 totally in! Looking forward to this.
Excellent

Hey Fredrick 03-08-20 11:21 AM

Originally Posted by cricket (Post 2071036)
I may have worded that poorly. Is this going to be like the VHS HoF where we didn't know who nominated what until the final results were tallied? I kind of like watching the movies without knowing who nominated what. Trying to figure out who nominated which movie was kind of fun, imo.

I also will waive the time limit with one exception - Shoah. Nine hours is a bit much for a HoF.

cricket 03-08-20 11:31 AM

Originally Posted by Hey Fredrick (Post 2071045)
I may have worded that poorly. Is this going to be like the VHS HoF where we didn't know who nominated what until the final results were tallied? I kind of like watching the movies without knowing who nominated what. Trying to figure out who nominated which movie was kind of fun, imo.

I also will waive the time limit with one exception - Shoah. Nine hours is a bit much for a HoF.
Yea we could wait all the way until the end or do like Ahwell said. Only thing there is you would know who nominated the last movie you watch. It's up to you guys and you have a week to decide.

ahwell 03-08-20 11:43 AM

Oh, I値l also waive the length requirement, I知 good with (basically) any length!

Miss Vicky 03-08-20 11:49 AM

I値l join, but I知 not waiving the runtime restriction.

I値l double check my lists later today.

cricket 03-08-20 12:15 PM

Originally Posted by Miss Vicky (Post 2071048)
I値l join, but I知 not waiving the runtime restriction.

I値l double check my lists later today.
I believe I've already decided what to pick for you, but you're a tough cookie to please.

Miss Vicky 03-08-20 12:53 PM

Okay. I've gone through my lists and they should be accurate now.

ETA: Assuming everyone else's lists are up to date, I've got recs picked out for everybody.

ahwell 03-08-20 01:13 PM

My lists are completely accurate. How do you access people痴 lists on mobile?

John-Connor 03-08-20 01:16 PM

Originally Posted by ahwell (Post 2071058)
User Control Panel, Edit options, Desktop version.

cricket 03-08-20 01:17 PM

The icon on the right above their avatar or just go into their profile.

ahwell 03-08-20 01:18 PM

Originally Posted by cricket (Post 2071060)
The icon on the right above their avatar or just go into their profile.
So I have to switch to desktop?

John-Connor 03-08-20 01:19 PM

Originally Posted by ahwell (Post 2071061)
Temporarily yes.

cricket 03-08-20 01:39 PM

Originally Posted by ahwell (Post 2071061)
I don't use mobile but I imagine if you just click on a user's avatar or username you can get to their profile.