Movie Forums (http://www.movieforums.com/community/index.php)
-   The Television & Music Forum (http://www.movieforums.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Cricket's 60 favorite TV shows (http://www.movieforums.com/community/showthread.php?t=42651)

cricket 08-16-15 11:40 AM

Cricket's 60 favorite TV shows

So I don't watch as much TV as I used to, and I haven't seen many of the classic shows, but I made a list back when we did the TV show countdown. I thought I may as well do my own countdown.*

I didn't include any cartoons because it's been so long, and I may not like them now. My favorites used to be Tom and Jerry, Woody Woodpecker, Underdog, Scooby Doo, The Flintstones, and The Jetsons. These days, I mostly watch those reality based crime shows that you find on Bravo and The Discovery Channel; shows like Homicide Hunter. I didn't include those because there's so many, and I don't even know the names of most of them.

This will be my top 60-

cricket 08-16-15 11:47 AM

I've always thought Ted Knight was a funny guy, but the focal point of this show for me was Lydia Cornell(bottom right). As a teenage boy, I had a serious crush on her. This show also had one of the most controversial episodes in sitcom history when their gay friend and neighbor got raped in the back of a van by a bunch of women. His trauma was my dream.

MovieMeditation 08-16-15 11:53 AM

Re: Cricket's 60 favorite TV shows

Yaay, a list by cricket! Looking forward to this, you have been very generous in my threads, I better repay you in here. :D

No really, I'm looking forward to your picks, though I'm not much of a TV guy but I'm trying to catch up. As for the first pick, I haven't seen it unfortunately.

cricket 08-16-15 11:55 AM

Thanks MM, I don't think it's a very exciting list, but I figured why not.

cricket 08-16-15 12:11 PM

A cool show for a boy. I loved the car and had the toy version.

cricket 08-16-15 12:21 PM

This is all about Mel and Flo, and kiss my grits. A fun show.

The Gunslinger45 08-16-15 12:43 PM

Originally Posted by cricket (Post 1370148)

This is all about Mel and Flo, and kiss my grits. A fun show.

And all spun off Scorsese's Alice Doesn't Live Here Anymore. Go figure. Though I hear the show was much different from the movie.

christine 08-16-15 12:52 PM

A list by Cricket! nice :)
Not heard of Too Close for Comfort or Alice, but we all loved Starsky and Hutch, specially my two brothers when we were kids. I remember my mum got half way through knitting that Starsky cardie before realising my brother was never going to wear that outside the house ;)

cricket 08-16-15 01:14 PM

Originally Posted by The Gunslinger45 (Post 1370161)
And all spun off Scorsese's Alice Doesn't Live Here Anymore. Go figure. Though I hear the show was much different from the movie.
Great movie!

Citizen Rules 08-16-15 01:18 PM

Cool thread idea! I don't have any type of TV/Cable so watching old TV shows on DVD is it for me and your list has already reminded me of a couple shows I had forgotten about but would love to see:

Alice and Too Close for Comfort

cricket 08-16-15 01:44 PM

Green Acres is the place to be. Farm livin' is the life for me!

Citizen Rules 08-16-15 01:45 PM

I 'dig' that show.

cricket 08-16-15 01:57 PM

Motorcycle cops-awesome!

cricket 08-16-15 05:10 PM

Elly May:licklips:

Citizen Rules 08-16-15 05:13 PM

cricket 08-16-15 05:21 PM

Originally Posted by Citizen Rules (Post 1370286)
I searched for a good pic and couldn't find one-god bless you!

cricket 08-16-15 05:28 PM

De plane! De plane!

gbgoodies 08-16-15 06:04 PM

Originally Posted by cricket (Post 1370142)

A cool show for a boy. I loved the car and had the toy version.

I still watch "Starsky and Hutch" on DVD. It's a great show for everyone, not just boys, but it's a shame that the movie was so bad.

gbgoodies 08-16-15 06:05 PM

Originally Posted by cricket (Post 1370206)

Green Acres is the place to be. Farm livin' is the life for me!

Originally Posted by cricket (Post 1370284)

"Green Acres" and "The Beverly Hillbillies" both had great theme songs, but I don't really remember much about the actual shows. :shrug:

MovieMeditation 08-16-15 06:08 PM

What is this old school stuff you posting, cricket? What are you, like 60? :p

Just kidding dude, I love Ben Stiller and Owen Wilson in Starsky and Hutch! Okay okay I'm done. :D

but as I said TV shows was never my thing until I saw Dexter a few years back. After that I mostly followed the stream and went for big acclaimed shows like House of Cards, Breaking Bad etc. I'm currenty on season 3 of a show I know will pop up on this list... The Shield. :cool: