Movie Forums (http://www.movieforums.com/community/index.php)
-   Movie Reviews (http://www.movieforums.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Hitch (2005) (http://www.movieforums.com/community/showthread.php?t=36644)

windsoc 07-24-14 02:22 PM

Hitch (2005)

Hitch is a dating guru. He believes that any man can get any woman as long as he follows basic principles and can put them into practice. As he continues he also manages to fall in love himself but finds that what he has been saying may not always bring the best results.

It is rare I see something Will Smith is in that I dislike it. I didn't know much about this film but I knew it had Smith it and Kevin James who I do like as an actor so I figured there must be something to it. This is a typical boy meets girl but to be fair there is nothing especially wrong with that and it is enjoyable, it is also quite endearing and it can make you believe that love is possible, whether you should follow his rules or logic is very much open for discussion but it is clear that he only wants the best for people and what is never focussed on is that it is his way of earning a living.

I didn't expect to enjoy this but I did, there is little bad language, no nudity and none of the horrible double entendre's that so many films in this genre seem to rely on, it is just a nice film that everyone could enjoy.

My rating: 8/10

Gideon58 08-01-14 03:46 PM

Re: Hitch (2005)

Originally Posted by windsoc (Post 1131634)
Hitch is a dating guru. He believes that any man can get any woman as long as he follows basic principles and can put them into practice. As he continues he also manages to fall in love himself but finds that what he has been saying may not always bring the best results.

It is rare I see something Will Smith is in that I dislike it. I didn't know much about this film but I knew it had Smith it and Kevin James who I do like as an actor so I figured there must be something to it. This is a typical boy meets girl but to be fair there is nothing especially wrong with that and it is enjoyable, it is also quite endearing and it can make you believe that love is possible, whether you should follow his rules or logic is very much open for discussion but it is clear that he only wants the best for people and what is never focussed on is that it is his way of earning a living.

I didn't expect to enjoy this but I did, there is little bad language, no nudity and none of the horrible double entendre's that so many films in this genre seem to rely on, it is just a nice film that everyone could enjoy.

My rating: 8/10
I think Hitch was one of Will Smith's weakest films...the screenplay is a little unfocused and Smith's character is a little too much of a smart-ass for my taste and he had NO chemistry with Eva Mendes. The relationship between Kevin James and Amber Valletta was much more believable.

AnnaSmithy 08-05-14 04:19 AM

Terrible movie, even for the romantic-comedy genre :(

romet6 08-11-14 06:13 PM

The movie was okay.
Not very memorable, but still watchable.