Movie Forums (http://www.movieforums.com/community/index.php)
-   Home Theater Questions & Information (http://www.movieforums.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Why can't I watch DailyMotion videos with my Sony Blu Ray player? (http://www.movieforums.com/community/showthread.php?t=51061)

Citizen Rules 08-24-17 02:44 PM

Why can't I watch DailyMotion videos with my Sony Blu Ray player?

I can watch Youtube on my big TV with my Sony Blu ray player which is connected to the internet. And I can go to the Dailymotion site and see it on my TV, but none of their videos play I just get a blank screen when I click to play them, why? Is there a fix for this?

Chypmunk 08-24-17 03:04 PM

I know absolutely sod all about blu ray players but perhaps, maybe you might need to be sitting on a 'stool' for them to work :D

(feel free to ignore this if the attempted joke is deemed either too crass or incomprehensible - I could explain it but I doubt anyone would want me to)

Dannii 08-24-17 03:12 PM

Re: Why can't I watch DailyMotion videos with my Sony Blu Ray player?

Originally Posted by Chypmunk (Post 1761409)
I know absolutely sod all about blu ray players but perhaps, maybe you might need to be sitting on a 'stool' for them to work :D

(feel free to ignore this if the attempted joke is deemed either too crass or incomprehensible - I could explain it but I doubt anyone would want me to)
I do! 😁

Captain Steel 08-24-17 03:38 PM

Originally Posted by Citizen Rules (Post 1761398)
I can watch Youtube on my big TV with my Sony Blu ray player which is connected to the internet. And I can go to the Dailymotion site and see it on my TV, but none of their videos play I just get a blank screen when I click to play them, why? Is there a fix for this?
Rules, I'm assuming that the same Dailymotion videos you're trying to access will play on a computer?

I also know nothing about Blu ray players, but it sounds like you're having a slight, momentary "Dislike of Technology"?

The Rodent 08-24-17 03:45 PM

Think it's something to do with the format you're using.
Checking over Google and Dailymotion won't allow Blu Ray to access videos.

From what I've checked, the Sony S580 Blu Ray has a downloadable app so it will be allowed to watch Dailymotion, but apparently it still has trouble.

Citizen Rules 08-24-17 11:55 PM

Originally Posted by Dannii (Post 1761420)
I do! 😁
That must have been funny as Dannii got it, but I didn't get it:confusedwhite: Chyp was that a British joke maybe?:p

Citizen Rules 08-25-17 12:00 AM

Originally Posted by Captain Steel (Post 1761438)
Rules, I'm assuming that the same Dailymotion videos you're trying to access will play on a computer?

I also know nothing about Blu ray players, but it sounds like you're having a slight, momentary "Dislike of Technology"?
Yup they do play on my computer. I'm like you, I don't want to watch movies hunched over a small computer screen.

So yes, I really had a bad technology day. I tried to stream a hard to find movie to my TV with my Sony Blu Ray player and I spent hours goofing with it and it never did work....argggh:indifferent:

Originally Posted by The Rodent (Post 1761442)
Think it's something to do with the format you're using.
Checking over Google and Dailymotion won't allow Blu Ray to access videos.

From what I've checked, the Sony S580 Blu Ray has a downloadable app so it will be allowed to watch Dailymotion, but apparently it still has trouble.
Rodent, 'format' I'm not sure if understand I just used the Blu Ray players online web browser and went to Dailymotion, which worked but then none of the videos would play. I checked and the software is updated too. So am I just out of luck?

gbgoodies 08-25-17 12:15 AM

Originally Posted by Citizen Rules (Post 1761693)
Yup they do play on my computer. I'm like you, I don't want to watch movies hunched over a small computer screen.

So yes, I really had a bad technology day. I tried to stream a hard to find movie to my TV with my Sony Blu Ray player and I spent hours goofing with it and it never did work....argggh:indifferent:

If you can download the movie from DailyMotion, and if your computer is on a wireless network, you can use a program called Serviio to stream the movie wirelessly from your computer to your Blu-Ray player. (Serviio is a free download.)

Citizen Rules 08-25-17 12:17 AM

Originally Posted by gbgoodies (Post 1761700)
If you can download the movie from DailyMotion, and if your computer is on a wireless network, you can use a program called Serviio to stream the movie wirelessly from your computer to your Blu-Ray player. (Serviio is a free download.)
Thanks GBG, that's good to know, but I couldn't download the Dailymotion video, I tried to.

Dannii 08-25-17 02:20 AM

Originally Posted by Citizen Rules (Post 1761692)

Originally Posted by Dannii (Post 1761420)
I do! 😁
That must have been funny as Dannii got it, but I didn't get it:confusedwhite: Chyp was that a British joke maybe?:p
Chyps joke was referring to a 'Turtles Head' stool!! Get it now? 😁

Citizen Rules 08-25-17 03:52 AM

Originally Posted by Dannii (Post 1761795)
Chyps joke was referring to a 'Turtles Head' stool!! Get it now? 😁
No, I still don't get it?...I told you it was a Brit joke:p I've never heard of Turtles Head? Portishead sure, but Turtles Head, nope.

Chypmunk 08-25-17 05:00 AM

Originally Posted by Citizen Rules (Post 1761824)
No, I still don't get it?...I told you it was a Brit joke:p I've never heard of Turtles Head? Portishead sure, but Turtles Head, nope.
Never mind ... and sorry - it was a sh1t joke anyway!

p.s. RoI is not part of Britain, thanks ;)

Tacitus 08-25-17 05:10 AM

My solution would be to spend 30 bucks and buy a Chromecast. ;)

It plugs into a spare HDMI port and is controlled via your Android phone, laptop or even PC. Dailymotion seems covered, as are most of the popular video streaming sites.

Dannii 08-25-17 06:03 AM

Originally Posted by Chypmunk (Post 1761840)
Originally Posted by Citizen Rules (Post 1761824)
Never mind ... and sorry - it was a sh1t joke anyway!

p.s. RoI is not part of Britain, thanks ;)
Haha! 😆. The Irish Sea seperates Chyp and i😁

MovieMeditation 09-05-17 03:22 PM

Don't know if you got a proper answer to this, but anyways... I would think it's because browsers from TVs, players and the likes don't support flash. That's the most wide used tool program to watch video content... A lot of big sites, like YouTube, usually add support for platforms without flash player. That's maybe why you can watch YouTube and not DailyMotion.

Do you got a newer smart TV? If so you can always try to use the tv, and not the BD player, to access DailyMotion - or any other media machine you have connected to the TV... or you could buy ChromeCast, as Tacitus said. :up:

Citizen Rules 09-05-17 03:27 PM

Originally Posted by MovieMeditation (Post 1770972)
Don't know if you got a proper answer to this, but anyways... I would think it's because browsers from TVs, players and the likes don't support flash. That's the most wide used tool program to watch video content... A lot of big sites, like YouTube, usually add support for platforms without flash player. That's maybe why you can watch YouTube and not DailyMotion.

Do you got a newer smart TV? If so you can always try to use the tv, and not the BD player, to access DailyMotion - or any other media machine you have connected to the TV... or you could buy ChromeCast, as Tacitus said. :up:
The TV is a wide screen plasma about 10 years old. The Sony Blu Ray player is only a few years old. Besides DailyMotion not working on the TV, FilmStruck won't work either. Both will work on my PC.

What is ChromeCast? I have no idea of what that is? a device? a service?

MovieMeditation 09-05-17 03:33 PM

Originally Posted by Citizen Rules (Post 1770976)
The TV is a wide screen plasma about 10 years old. The Sony Blu Ray player is only a few years old. Besides DailyMotion not working on the TV, FilmStruck won't work either. Both will work on my PC.

What is ChromeCast? I have no idea of what that is? a device? a service?
Okay, tv is probably a no go then... And I think it is because of the flash thing I mentioned... nothing you can do about it then when it comes to viewing that content on your BD player.

ChromeCast is a little device that plugs into the TV through HDMI and then you can stream the content you want to watch directly to your tv from your PC, smartphone, tablet and whatnot.

It makes a lot of things more easy to access and navigate because you control it all from your smart devices.

There are 3 or 4 versions of ChromeCast now, but this is one of them:

https://tubby.scene7.com/is/image/tu...$prod_all4one$

ynwtf 09-10-17 01:43 AM

I agree with movieMeditation. It's the Flash streaming on the site that your BR browser can't translate. The browsers on TVs and player devices aren't that great to begin with and aren't updated often. The plugin support (Flash player for example) would be even less current, if it exists at all.

forumuser14 09-30-17 04:35 PM

i think youtube have the same videos lol

Citizen Rules 09-30-17 04:53 PM

Originally Posted by forumuser14 (Post 1790258)
i think youtube have the same videos lol
No they don't always, LOL