Movie Forums (http://www.movieforums.com/community/index.php)
-   Movie Reviews (http://www.movieforums.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Funny Face Movie Index (http://www.movieforums.com/community/showthread.php?t=43403)

Funny Face 10-24-15 08:33 PM

Funny Face Movie Index

Drama. Comedy. Sci-Fi. Horror. Musical. Foreign. Action. Adventure. Fantasy. Animation. Documentary. Romance. Western. I enjoy it all.

More specific film interests include: Art. Tim Burton. Magical realism. Audrey Hepburn. Food. Queer. Jane Austen. Batman. Juliette Binoche. Bill Nighy. Meryl Streep. Spirituality. Geoffrey Rush. Awesomely bad horror. Cognitive science. WWII. Johnny Depp. Wes Anderson. Mental health. Nature. Music. Travel. Coming-of-age and self-discovery.

Occasionaly, I browse the Cognitive Science Movie Index.

Bill Murray is my favorite actor. Everything I love about him is highlighted in his Charlie Rose interview.

Recommendations are always welcome.

Funny Face 10-24-15 08:33 PM

Re: Funny Face Movie Index

Reserved

JayDee 10-24-15 08:35 PM

Originally Posted by Funny Face (Post 1403203)

Are you happy now JayDee?

Delighted! :lol:

Looking forward to hearing your movie thoughts. I know a fair deal about you but I don't feel I know a great deal about your movie interests.

honeykid 10-24-15 08:40 PM

Does he bug you about what you watch, too? ;)

That's just for you, JD

matt72582 10-24-15 08:45 PM

For coming-of-age, self discovery, purpose, differences between generations, society and the technology dehumanization, universal humanistic themes, watch "Harry and Tonto" - I've never met anyone who didn't love it, the problem is most people I know never saw it..

If I could, I'd burn you a copy, and walk it over.

Funny Face 10-24-15 08:45 PM

:yup:

Funny Face 10-24-15 08:46 PM

Originally Posted by matt72582 (Post 1403221)
For coming-of-age, self discovery, purpose, difference between generations, universal humanistic themes, watch "Harry and Tonto" - I've never met anyone who didn't love it, the problem is most people I know never saw it..

If I could, I'd burn you a copy, and walk it over.
Added to my watchlist. Thanks Matt! :)

rauldc14 10-24-15 08:47 PM

I'll second Harry and Tonto. Good film!

Gatsby 10-24-15 08:53 PM

Have you seen the 1966 Batman movie? I highly recommend it, it's a great film. Not an awesomely bad horror but an awesomely bad picture overall. You okay with that right?

honeykid 10-24-15 08:57 PM

I like the '66 Batman film. Not as much as Batman Returns, but I still like it.

As you like Bill Murray, I'd ask if you've seen Mad Dog And Glory? I like that film and it seems to be one of his lesser seen films.

Funny Face 10-24-15 09:12 PM

Yes, I have seen the 1966 Batman. Had a history teacher in high school that made us give a presentation on a topic of our choosing that was related to the 60s. Talked for half an hour about Batman. :laugh: Huge portion of our grade and I got a perfect score.

Mad Dog and Glory is one that I haven't seen. Started it once but had to leave before it finished. I like De Niro too so I'll eventually get to finishing it. :)

Gatsby 10-24-15 09:14 PM

DId you use this clip in your presentation? Pretty sure it blew everyone's minds ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gfIxwGefjds

Swan 10-24-15 09:15 PM

I recommend EVERY MOVIE EVER.

Funny Face 10-24-15 09:24 PM

I think I did show the shark scene! And a scene with the villains to show the camera angles, because they were crooked. ;) Fun movie.
https://derricklferguson.files.wordp...ins.png?w=1000

Gats, I recommend reading Burt Ward's autobiography:
http://d.gr-assets.com/books/1386925033l/196276.jpg

Citizen Rules 10-24-15 09:26 PM

Hey Funny Face! Nice to see that you have your own movie thread:) I'd make a recommendation but I don't know what films you have liked?

Funny Face 10-24-15 09:33 PM

Originally Posted by Citizen Rules (Post 1403338)
Hey Funny Face! Nice to see that you have your own movie thread:) I'd make a recommendation but I don't know what films you have liked?
Hi CR! Glad to see my favorite reviewer checking in! Going to rewatch some favorites soon and will post. At some point, I want to watch Citizen Kane but wanted to see the documentary you recommended first. :)

Citizen Rules 10-24-15 09:57 PM

Oh cool, I hope you like both of them.:D.

I've seen and liked these films that I 'think' are Magical Realism? Have you seen all of them? What are some of your favs in this category?
Midnight in Paris(2011)
Purple Rose of Cairo(1985)
Winters Tale(2014)
The Curious Case of Benjamin Button(2008)
Ruby Sparks(2012)
The One I Love(2004
)
Pleasantville (1998)
Life of Pi (2012)

Funny Face 10-25-15 06:11 AM

Originally Posted by Citizen Rules (Post 1403454)
Oh cool, I hope you like both of them.:D.

I've seen and liked these films that I 'think' are Magical Realism? Have you seen all of them? What are some of your favs in this category?
Midnight in Paris(2011)
Purple Rose of Cairo(1985)
Winters Tale(2014)
The Curious Case of Benjamin Button(2008)
Ruby Sparks(2012)
The One I Love(2004
)
Pleasantville (1998)
Life of Pi (2012)
I have not seen The One I Love (it's been sitting in my Netflix queue) or Life of Pi (want to read the book first) but I've seen the rest on the list. Out of those listed Ruby Sparks is my favorite. Liked both Woody films listed but prefer to rewatch Alice. What ones do you like the most from that list? Some favorites of mine are: Stranger Than Fiction, Big Fish, Bagdad Cafe, Edward Scissorhands, Safety Not Guaranteed, and Like Water for Chocolate.

christine 10-25-15 07:17 AM

Hi FF!
Good to see you have a thread of your own. Look forward to seeing what you're watching :)

MovieMeditation 10-25-15 07:31 AM

Yaay, looking forward to see what kind of magic will come out of this thread, Funny Face!

Always exciting to see new review/movietalk threads being opened. :up: