Movie Forums (http://www.movieforums.com/community/index.php)
-   Upcoming Movies & Sequels (http://www.movieforums.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   John Wick: Chapter 4 (2023) (http://www.movieforums.com/community/showthread.php?t=66534)

xSookieStackhouse 07-23-22 12:37 AM

John Wick: Chapter 4 (2023)

😍😍😍😍
https://youtu.be/27EF723ZDmI

WHITBISSELL! 07-23-22 02:55 AM

Holy moley. That looks so promising. This franchise just refuses to disappoint people.

xSookieStackhouse 07-23-22 03:11 AM

Originally Posted by WHITBISSELL! (Post 2319103)
Holy moley. That looks so promising. This franchise just refuses to disappoint people.
i know right hopefully they will show chapter 1-3 at the cinemas before the 4th release . that’s exactly true

StuSmallz 07-23-22 04:55 AM

I'm hopeful for this one, but I'm also hoping that they're finally end the series (or at least, this main run of it), because it was already starting to feel like it was passing its freshness date back in Chapter 3.

xSookieStackhouse 07-23-22 05:25 AM

Originally Posted by StuSmallz (Post 2319112)
I'm hopeful for this one, but I'm also hoping that they're finally end the series (or at least, this main run of it), because it was already starting to feel like it was passing its freshness date back in Chapter 3.
well on IMDB i saw that they gonna make chapter 5 so hopefully that would be the last one :/

StuSmallz 07-23-22 11:38 PM

Well, that's a bit unfortunate. Still, maybe they can make it work that far; here's hoping.

xSookieStackhouse 11-10-22 05:40 PM

Re: John Wick: Chapter 4 (2023)

new trailer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qEVU...ionsgateMovies

Mnqobi 11-12-22 12:23 PM

The new John Wick trailer is insane!!!:eek:

brookeariel 11-22-22 11:55 AM

I am somewhat excited, but also wary when you mentioned they have a chapter 5 in mind. If I remember correctly, at the end of the last movie (spoiler) it seemed to give the impression that he was going to take down the whole system when they tried to kill him. So knowing that it won't be resolved in this new chapter, I wonder how they'll present the plot that will make me want to see chapter 5. I don't want it to end on a sour note.

xSookieStackhouse 11-26-22 06:09 AM

Originally Posted by brookeariel (Post 2347891)
I am somewhat excited, but also wary when you mentioned they have a chapter 5 in mind. If I remember correctly, at the end of the last movie (spoiler) it seemed to give the impression that he was going to take down the whole system when they tried to kill him. So knowing that it won't be resolved in this new chapter, I wonder how they'll present the plot that will make me want to see chapter 5. I don't want it to end on a sour note.
hopefully chapter 5 is the last but if not they prob will make more chapters that the fans would wanted more . it would be good if the cinemas do john wick movie marathon to refresh the memories, im going to rewatch all 3 to refresh my memorie

n3wt 11-26-22 07:10 AM

I love the John Wick films and this one looks like it’s going to be another banger

cheap_circus 12-24-22 12:33 AM

the film is really about social organization,

for example -- the use of the coins for services

if the possibilites and solutions presented by that system are viable,
the series will continue

if they end the series too soon, a copycat will appear to continue the discussion

StuSmallz 12-24-22 03:32 AM

Originally Posted by cheap_circus (Post 2355690)
the film is really about social organization,

for example -- the use of the coins for services

if the possibilites and solutions presented by that system are viable,
the series will continue

if they end the series too soon, a copycat will appear to continue the discussion
https://i.ibb.co/BVmMT0z/nemo-its-li...peak-to-me.gif

Iroquois 03-23-23 11:25 AM

Just saw it. It owns.

Corax 03-23-23 03:47 PM

Originally Posted by StuSmallz (Post 2319112)

Chapter 1 was a cliche. It was fun, but we didn't need a part 2.

John W Constantine 03-23-23 10:19 PM

Was 3 hours really needed? Afaf

John Dumbear 03-24-23 02:13 AM

Can't wait for "John Wick 6: Fights The Expendables".

Iroquois 03-25-23 06:44 AM

Originally Posted by Corax (Post 2379454)
Chapter 1 was a cliche. It was fun, but we didn't need a part 2.
Yeah, it did. The original may be a fundamentally generic revenge thriller but the sequels take the texture of its action and world-building in much more interesting directions to the extent that they justify the whole enterprise, which is more than I can say for the likes of Taken.

Originally Posted by John W Constantine (Post 2379531)
Was 3 hours really needed? Afaf
Yes (and I say that as someone who thought the third film was a little bloated despite being shorter than this).

Originally Posted by John Dumbear (Post 2379559)
Can't wait for "John Wick 6: Fights The Expendables".
Even as a joke, why would you think this was ever a possibility?

Corax 03-26-23 12:44 AM

Originally Posted by Iroquois (Post 2379801)
Yeah, it did. The original may be a fundamentally generic revenge thriller but the sequels take the texture of its action and world-building in much more interesting directions to the extent that they justify the whole enterprise, which is more than I can say for the likes of Taken.
Couldn't disagree more.

Part 1 is fun because it is winking at us. It pokes fun at the generic revenge premise (they killed... ...his puppy!). It introduces Wick as a hyperbolically badass badass. The gold coins are reminiscent of Nintendo video games and pirates. Being at the Continental is like being "on base" in a child's schoolyard game.

World-building is simply a matter of creating a sense of depth, not writing the mother****ing Silmarillion to fill in every possible footnote of a world. We never needed to know about midichlorians, trade wars, or the creation of C-3P0 and we never needed to learn about the High Table, tatted-up hooker phone operators, "having a ticket," or adjudicators. We only needed to sense that Wick was the BABA YAGA and that he emerged from a murky and dangerous underworld.

Wick has become increasingly maudlin and ridiculous with each installment. I don't care what fabric your suit is made of,
WARNING: "Is it really a spoiler when it's this predictable?" spoilers below
after you're been shot 100 times before climbing up the world's tallest flight of stairs which you had to fall down twice, you're already dead before you get to your dueling contest.
"Incapacitato" as they might say in this increasingly stupid world. For all the random nonsense inserted into these film (the elder! the mint! the sommelier! scumbags wearing liturgical vestments, the holy tickle pickle of the high table!), actual physics, biomechanics, and internal organs (and bones, apparently) have been removed from the proceedings. Where there is no reality, there are no stakes and the sequels exchange reality for bigger and dumber at a rate that must be comparable to the rate at which the "token-master" of The Continental must be exchanging all those ornate gold coins.

And saying that anything is better than the sequels to Taken is like saying that its "better than a sharp stick in the eye."

Wyldesyde19 03-26-23 03:32 AM

Corax missed the wink from John Wick 4.

It’s better than 3, not as good as the first two, but a fitting end (?).
Despite all of the issues Carax has pointed out, and yes, he is correct in it….who the **** cares? It’s a fun film regardless that clearly doesn’t take itself that seriously.

As for the world building? Yes, it is necessary as it gives us a deeper look into the world Wick lived and operates in.*

It’s ridiculous film that manages to be entertaining regardless of (in spite of) its issues, some things you just accept on good faith. Reeves being shot a million times in his bullet proof suit and surviving falls that normally would kill a normal man is one of those things. You just can’t help but shrug and just enjoy the ride. Just be sure to look for the wink.