Movie Forums (http://www.movieforums.com/community/index.php)
-   Birthdays and Introductions (http://www.movieforums.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   First Post...What Do You Think of My Movie Tastes? (http://www.movieforums.com/community/showthread.php?t=57585)

Two-Time Olympian 08-10-18 07:25 PM

First Post...What Do You Think of My Movie Tastes?

Hi All...first post to movie forums. My taste in film definitely runs to art house and foreign. I live and train in the mountains, more than 90 minutes from the nearest cinema, so most of my viewing is via DVD. Would welcome your input on the most recent movies: If I have a good workout, I reward myself with two movies a night.

Una, The Killing of a Sacred Deer, Downfall, We Are What We Are, Kill List, Elementarteilchen (The Elementary Particles), Arthur Newman, I Smile Back, Strangerland, The Aura, Violet & Daisy, We Are The Night, Chef, Safety Not Guaranteed, Starred Up, As I Lay Dying, Bronson, Side Effects, The Witch, 1900, A Hijacking, The Broken Circle Breakdown, Martyrs, How I Live Now, Jerichow, 400 Days. Phoenix, Breaker Morant, Barbara and The King.

I could keep going, but I think this is representative of my tastes. I would enjoy your feedback and any recommendations.

Stirchley 08-10-18 07:28 PM

Re: First Post...What Do You Think of My Movie Tastes?

Watch some Scorsese movies.

TONGO 08-10-18 07:28 PM

Originally Posted by Two-Time Olympian (Post 1933684)
Hi All...first post to movie forums. My taste in film definitely runs to art house and foreign. I live and train in the mountains, more than 90 minutes from the nearest cinema, so most of my viewing is via DVD. Would welcome your input on the most recent movies: If I have a good workout, I reward myself with two movies a night.

Una, The Killing of a Sacred Deer, Downfall, We Are What We Are, Kill List, Elementarteilchen (The Elementary Particles), Arthur Newman, I Smile Back, Strangerland, The Aura, Violet & Daisy, We Are The Night, Chef, Safety Not Guaranteed, Starred Up, As I Lay Dying, Bronson, Side Effects, The Witch, 1900, A Hijacking, The Broken Circle Breakdown, Martyrs, How I Live Now, Jerichow, 400 Days. Phoenix, Breaker Morant, Barbara and The King.

I could keep going, but I think this is representative of my tastes. I would enjoy your feedback and any recommendations.
Welcome to the forum 2X :)

Am I the only one that reads "what do you think of my movie tastes?" and am reminded of a shark smelling blood in the water?

Actually Oly your taste is deeper than mine as the only flick Ive seen on the list is Breaker Morant.

Yoda 08-10-18 07:30 PM

Hi, welcome to Movie Forums. :)

I moved this thread to the Birthdays and Introductions forum, BTW. Seemed like a better fit.

cat_sidhe 08-10-18 07:31 PM

I think we'd somehow fit in. Welcome. :)

Camo 08-10-18 07:34 PM

Two-Time Olympian>Whatever gives Minio the right to judge plebians

cricket 08-10-18 07:37 PM

Well I absolutely love Kill List and The Broken Circle Breakdown so I'll be eyeballing your posts. Welcome aboard:)

Citizen Rules 08-10-18 07:41 PM

Hi All...first post to movie forums.

I would enjoy your feedback and any recommendations.
First, Welcome!

...and second take a look at the MoFo Movie Hall of Fames thread and scroll down to the 2nd and 3rd post. Those are the past movie nominations and winners for the various Hall of Fames. Lots of fine recommendations right there, and some of your favorites are included.

Stick around MoFo, we need new blood:cool:

Miss Vicky 08-10-18 07:43 PM

Of the films you listed, I've only seen Safety Not Guaranteed, Bronson, and The Broken Circle Breakdown and they're all excellent.

Welcome to MoFo.

Mr_TagoMago 08-11-18 02:05 AM

I mostly watch older stuff but I likeva llt of artsy sruff as well. That said i think ive only seen Martyrs which I hated personally (and not because its too extreme) but ive had interest in seeing Downfall and Killing of a sacred deer.

jiraffejustin 08-11-18 02:07 AM

So what sport do you train for?

Edit: I am going to pretend like this is Yoel Romero until I am given reason not to. .

SeeingisBelieving 08-11-18 06:55 AM

Welcome :).

Una
I definitely want to see that.

nebbit 08-16-18 04:59 AM

https://sayingimages.com/wp-content/...-team-meme.jpg