Movie Forums (http://www.movieforums.com/community/index.php)
-   Movie Forums Site Stuff (http://www.movieforums.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Favicon (http://www.movieforums.com/community/showthread.php?t=15777)

7thson 04-16-08 05:30 PM

Favicon

Is there a favicon for this site, one that shows in the url address bar? Just asking, it seems I saw one once before, but now it is gone. It might be my browser though. Just wondering, thanks.

Yoda 04-16-08 08:21 PM

Re: Favicon

No, we don't have one. Namely because the only thing that seems suitable is the film reel image, and it loses quite a bit in the conversion process. I'll give it another go, though.

Powdered Water 04-16-08 08:50 PM

For some reason in my mozilla browser I have a little G, it sort of looks like the Google letter.

Yoda 04-16-08 09:35 PM

Hmmm...I just added a tiny reel image (or part of it, rather) about an hour ago. Could that be it? If you post a screenshot I can tell you whether that's it. Or maybe it's one of those things you recognize instantly once you hear what it's supposed to be. :D

Powdered Water 04-16-08 09:42 PM

How do you do a screenshot? I'm only semi puter literate :D. And no I don't think its anything you've done. I've had it for months Its a square and inside of it is a blue G. It really looks like the Google G for whatever that's worth.

Edit: After looking through some of my bookmarks I see I have several different sites that have a Google G in front of them. So maybe its just my stupid computer.

Ash_Lee 04-17-08 12:06 AM

Just noticed the little reel favicon. I like it, I prefer it when websites use them because whenever I add a site to my bookmarks toolbar in Firefox, I can delete the name of it in the properties window, giving me space for dozens of bookmarks, instead of only a few.

If you get what I mean :confused:

Powdered Water 04-17-08 11:13 PM

Favicon (that is such a weird word) is now up and running, very cool sir, very cool indeed.

Caitlyn 04-17-08 11:25 PM

Originally Posted by Powdered Water (Post 428778)
Favicon (that is such a weird word) is now up and running, very cool sir, very cool indeed.

'Tis very cool... and it is a strange word. Reminds me of that stupid guy with the clocks on VH1...

Yoda 04-17-08 11:28 PM

Originally Posted by Caitlyn (Post 428782)
'Tis very cool... and it is a strange word. Reminds me of that stupid guy with the clocks on VH1...
:laugh: Flava Flavicon?

Ðèstîñy 04-17-08 11:33 PM

Originally Posted by Yoda (Post 428783)
:laugh: Flava Flavicon?
That is funny! :D

Yeah, I've noticed those in the past. Amazon.com, YouTube, IMDB, etc . . . have them as well. It helps locate the link in your favorites list, loads faster. When you have numerous favorites, anyway.

mark f 04-17-08 11:44 PM

:cool:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NoLkaGcpJFA
:D

Caitlyn 04-18-08 04:30 PM

^^ That's him... He's even invaded the channel line up so I've stopped even bothering to see what is coming on... :p

John McClane 04-18-08 08:58 PM

Originally Posted by Powdered Water (Post 428419)
Edit: After looking through some of my bookmarks I see I have several different sites that have a Google G in front of them. So maybe its just my stupid computer.
This happens a lot when you click a bookmark with a Google Search open. The icon for the Google Search can sometimes override the icon, if the site has one, of the website that the bookmark points too. I have a few in my bookmarks folder, as well.

Powdered Water 04-18-08 09:01 PM

Originally Posted by John McClane (Post 428996)
This happens a lot when you click a bookmark with a Google Search open. The icon for the Google Search can sometimes override the icon, if the site has one, of the website that the bookmark points too. I have a few in my bookmarks folder, as well.
Ah, that makes a lot of sense, as I use Google for my home page. So it stands to reason its always "open" when I pop open my bookmarks. Thanks! :)