Movie Forums (http://www.movieforums.com/community/index.php)
-   Games and Tabs (http://www.movieforums.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   You know you're a film addict when... (http://www.movieforums.com/community/showthread.php?t=41930)

False Writer 06-29-15 10:54 PM

You know you're a film addict when...

Just thought of this and not completely sure if it'll work or not, but figured I'd try it anyway.

The saying is fairly common "You know you're a *blank* when..." but I thought it would be fun to do one for film addicts (also I'm not saying we're all actual "addicts" it's just a funnier saying I think than "film fan" or something like that)

Anyways, the rules are simple, just finish the sentence in the title with something that you actually do or say (or just make something up) that someone who isn't a film addict wouldn't do.

This is just for fun, no real competition. I guess whoever gets the most reps will be the technical "winner" but that's not a huge deal.

I guess I'll start!

You know you're a film addict when after an emotional discussion you tell your therapist he looks like Tim Robbins.

Derek Vinyard 06-29-15 10:56 PM

Re: You know you're a film addict when...

You know you're a film addict when you spend more money on buying movies than essential things like food and clothes :cool:

False Writer 06-30-15 01:20 AM

Originally Posted by Derek Vinyard (Post 1342834)
You know you're a film addict when you spend more money on buying movies than essential things like food and clothes :cool:
I've also been guilty of that on more than one occasion. :p

honeykid 06-30-15 09:06 AM

.... You keep buying films even though you almost never get round to watching them.

the samoan lawyer 06-30-15 09:12 AM

you try and fit in a movie before starting work in the morning

Gatsby 06-30-15 09:27 AM

- You've spent $40 dollars on a film that other friends call pretentious, and desperately try to defend it and preach its brilliance.

- You get movie withdrawals on trips and long travels. (At least 12 Angry Men is on Youtube.)

- You join a site with a bunch of misfit cinephilles because there are no misfit cinephilles in real life to talk to.

- You're watching a movie as you're posting this. Me me me!

- You can write a full length review of a film, but when it comes to other subjects, you're stuck.

Mr Minio 06-30-15 09:47 AM

You know you're a film addict when you bash people for not liking films you love.

Cole416 06-30-15 10:19 AM

Originally Posted by Mr Minio (Post 1343028)
You know you're a film addict when you bash people for liking films you hate.
FIFY :p

Cobpyth 06-30-15 10:33 AM

You know you're a film addict when everyone in your environment keeps asking you for film advice.

Iroquois 06-30-15 10:44 AM

You know you're a film addict when you see a thread about film addiction and want to post a reference to Bob Saget's cameo in Half Baked.

The Sci-Fi Slob 06-30-15 10:49 AM

Originally Posted by Cobpyth (Post 1343041)
You know you're a film addict when everyone in your environment keeps asking you for film advice.
It's amazes me sometimes how little some people know about cinema. I was talking to one of my bother in law's friends recently, and he asked me: "Sam, what's your favourite film?" I said Blade Runner. He said: "is that the one with Will Smith in?". I asked him what his favourite film was, and he said: "I think the Fast and Furious and Transformers are the best I've seen"...:shrug:

Gatsby 06-30-15 10:55 AM

Lol yeah Blade Runner is totally like I, Robot. :p

Spoiler: Will Smith is a replicant.

Used Future 06-30-15 11:35 AM

You know you're a film addict when you need a golf buggy to peruse your dvd collection.

You know you're a film addict when you inadvertently watch half as many films in a week, that Mark F watches in an afternoon.

Cole416 06-30-15 11:37 AM

You compare things that happen to you in real life to a movie character.

Citizen Rules 06-30-15 12:41 PM

So far I've learned from this thread that I'm NOT a film addict....But you guys are!

Mr Minio 06-30-15 12:50 PM

Originally Posted by Cobpyth (Post 1343041)
... and then dislike your recommendations!

seanc 06-30-15 12:52 PM

When the people closest to you almost always ask what movie your watching tonight and when you answer their response 9 out of 10 times is "Oh".

False Writer 06-30-15 01:27 PM

Originally Posted by Citizen Rules (Post 1343083)
So far I've learned from this thread that I'm NOT a film addict....But you guys are!
Join the fun Citizen! I'll make one on your behalf:

You know you're a film addict when your 10 favorite films were all made before 1963. ;)

Tugg 06-30-15 01:32 PM

... when highlight of your life is something that happened to a movie character.

Citizen Rules 06-30-15 11:15 PM

Originally Posted by False Writer (Post 1343101)
Join the fun Citizen! I'll make one on your behalf:

You know you're a film addict when your 10 favorite films were all made before 1963. ;)
Ha, that made me laugh out loud:)

I do have one: I know I'm a film addict when I find myself explaining the meaning of precode films to a friend for the upteenth time.