Movie Forums (http://www.movieforums.com/community/index.php)
-   Intermission: Miscellaneous Chat (http://www.movieforums.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   MoFo Health Thread (http://www.movieforums.com/community/showthread.php?t=27446)

TheUsualSuspect 12-25-11 11:13 PM

MoFo Health Thread

I figured I'd make a thread on those who might want to keep people updating on their health, since I believe I have IBS (Irritable Bowel Syndrome) which is really an inconvenience and not curable.

Changing my diet doesn't seem like too much of a big deal, I just hope it helps with the pain and the constant feeling that I have to go when I don't.

Again, this is just me looking things up on the internet based on my symptoms. It could very well just be constipation.

I'll try and change my diet and if it continues, then go see a doctor.

-----

Some people might not want to let people know about their health, but I figured there should be a thread for those who want to keep people updating on such a thing.

will.15 12-26-11 01:00 AM

Re: Mofo Health Thread

Depends how long you've had it. I have had periods of two weeks tops with that and it corrects itself. It has to be chronic to be serious.

I didn't have that when I was your age.

Try prune juice. That gave me the runs last time I had a problem and it is a natural laxative if it works. It tastes nasty though and I still have a bottle in the freezer. Been in there for over a year. I should throw it out. I won't drink it unless I have to.

Jim Garten 10-18-12 08:19 AM

Licorice is a good alternative to prune juice (tastes better too), but I'd agree with others here who say get it checked by your doctor.

Alternatively, you could try the mathematician's method... work it out with a pencil :laugh:

Nausicaä 10-18-12 09:23 AM

Looking up medical symptoms on the internet is one of the worst things you can do, if you think there is something wrong with your body, just go to your Doctor.

Not all but it makes some people panic - I remember when I first did it years ago(haven't since) I wanted to see what was happening when I had a problem with my heart, I choose all the symptoms and so on and the first thing to come up in the list was a form of Cancer... :rolleyes:

Since this is from last year, I hope it didn't turn out to be IBS, UsualSuspect?

earlsmoviepicks 10-18-12 10:14 AM

Also, could be stress levels. I normally don't have stomach issues at home, but when I had to travel for work and be in a stressful meeting my stomach would be a wreck.

Powderfinger 10-18-12 07:32 PM

Originally Posted by TheUsualSuspect (Post 784068)
I figured I'd make a thread on those who might want to keep people updating on their health, since I believe I have IBS (Irritable Bowel Syndrome) which is really an inconvenience and not curable.
I have colitis, though years ago I was put on a medication for one year. However, the Dr said it may come back anytime....even 20 years from now.

Powderfinger 10-18-12 07:48 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Originally Posted by TheUsualSuspect (Post 784068)

Changing my diet doesn't seem like too much of a big deal, I just hope it helps with the pain and the constant feeling that I have to go when I don't.

Again, this is just me looking things up on the internet based on my symptoms. It could very well just be constipation.

I'll try and change my diet and if it continues, then go see a doctor.

-----

Some people might not want to let people know about their health, but I figured there should be a thread for those who want to keep people updating on such a thing.
Mate, I take this now..

will.15 10-18-12 07:59 PM

I have scurvy.

Time to eat an orange.

Powderfinger 10-18-12 08:04 PM

Originally Posted by will.15 (Post 851260)
I have scurvy.
Probably more than that..:D

Powderfinger 10-19-12 12:19 AM

Originally Posted by Sexy Celebrity (Post 851266)
Dip it in some cyanide.
Both of you go to your room! :D lol!

BlueLion 09-19-13 12:41 AM

I might even regret this later but what the hell. Okay, I am suffering from severe constipation atm. Hence, I have decided to give 50+ rep points to the person who can name ONE food item (laxatives don't count obv) that will give me INSTANT relief.

However, it does not count if it's some expensive vegetable/fruit that I haven't even heard of, or if it's chamomile tea. I've already tried the latter and although it works to some extent, my patience is wearing thin.

yours truly

honeykid 09-19-13 12:54 AM

Prunes or Caster oil.

BlueLion 09-19-13 12:58 AM

Originally Posted by honeykid (Post 965446)
Prunes or Caster oil.
I've tried prunes. It didn't quite work as effectively and as quickly as I hoped. Caster oil sounds like something that falls into the "food item I've never heard of" category. But thanks for your concern.

BlueLion 09-19-13 12:59 AM

Originally Posted by Sexy Celebrity (Post 965447)
It's psychological. If you need to take a *****, you have to be in the mood to take a *****. Otherwise, it's like being pee shy, but in the other exit door.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TmIuXyiEzCE

Listen to these fart sounds. It will get you in the mood to get it all out. You're constipated because of a mental block.
It isn't a mental block, trust me.

BlueLion 09-19-13 01:01 AM

Originally Posted by Sexy Celebrity (Post 965449)
Constipation is a joke. I have never been constipated. To me, it just doesn't exist. It's a mental thing.
It isn't m8. Trust me because I've literally forgotten how it feels like to do a number two.

BlueLion 09-19-13 01:10 AM

My toilet has been longing for it.

Miss Vicky 09-19-13 01:11 AM

BlueLion - Have you tried exercise? I struggle a lot with bowel problems and find that the more I move the more my bowels move too.

BlueLion 09-19-13 01:15 AM

Originally Posted by Miss Vicky (Post 965461)
BlueLion - Have you tried exercise? I struggle a lot with bowel problems and find that the more I move the more my bowels move too.
I don't exercise at all. Does walking your dog for 30 minutes every evening count? I used to do like 40 push ups a day during the summer but that wasn't helping. This thing has been going on for months.

I don't even drink enough water. I've nobody but myself to blame really.

BlueLion 09-19-13 01:18 AM

Originally Posted by Sexy Celebrity (Post 965466)
It's all in your head. Read Dr. Sarno. He'll tell you.
it isn't for the umpteenth time. Besides, how can you know when you've never experienced it?

Miss Vicky 09-19-13 01:29 AM

Originally Posted by BlueLion (Post 965465)
I don't exercise at all. Does walking your dog for 30 minutes every evening count?
Not really. You need a more intense workout for it to make a noticeable difference and drinking more water will help too.