Movie Forums (http://www.movieforums.com/community/index.php)
-   Movie Reviews (http://www.movieforums.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Where The Wild Things Are (http://www.movieforums.com/community/showthread.php?t=20979)

Sexy Celebrity 10-17-09 05:59 PM

Where The Wild Things Are

Deleted

WBadger 10-17-09 06:06 PM

Re: Where The Wild Things Are

Wow, quite the different review than Holden Pike.

jrs 10-17-09 07:57 PM

Originally Posted by WBadger (Post 575298)
Why, yes it is. What were you expecting....everyone to have the same opinion has Holden? LMAO

WBadger 10-17-09 07:59 PM

No, but I didn't expect a jump from 4.5 stars to 1 star.

jrs 10-17-09 08:02 PM

me neither... i just read his review. I was like WTF???? I haven't seen it yet, but I doubt it deserves 1 out of 5. ya kidding me?

honeykid 10-17-09 11:20 PM

I haven't seen it yet either, but then I'm not expecting to see it. :nope: However, if I did see it, I think it'd be lucky to get 1/5 from me. It looks like those awful 80's kids films that I hated.

WBadger 10-17-09 11:39 PM

Well, I don't know how everybody feels about Roger Ebert, but he gave this film 3/4 stars.

mark f 10-18-09 12:03 AM

As I said in Sexy's review thread, I give it
, but I'm not ready to discuss it. I enjoyed the direction and the awesome "wild" locations and sets. The kid was just about perfect, and I was surprised to hear so many songs with Karen O (Yeah Yeah Yeahs) singing and not screaming with no electric guitars within earshot. However, I was disappointed that I never heard or saw the Wild Things gnash their terrible teeth. :cool: Brenda cried at the ending, and even though I didn't, it was poignant. I've read this book to hundreds of little kids sitting on the floor in front of me, and they always laugh and scream. It's a wonderful participatory book, at least if you can roar your terrible roar and gnash your terrible teeth the way I can.

http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t...gnashteeth.jpg

tramp 10-18-09 12:07 AM

Aww, mark, how cute. I'm imagining you gnashing your terrible teeth, lol.

My roommate just took her 5 year old niece. They loved it and my roommate said she got a bit choked up at the end. This is someone who doesn't seem to like many movies, to be honest.

I must have read that book to both my sons a thousand times.

jrs 10-18-09 04:42 PM

Originally Posted by Sexy Celebrity (Post 575651)
Yet you were the only one to give me negative rep for it!
Well maybe I didn't think you should have given it what you did. The movie wasn't that bad to give it such a harsh review. You are practically the only person who probably hated the movie :p

iluv2viddyfilms 10-18-09 09:10 PM

I haven't seen the film, but Karen O is sexy. Of course in an interview I saw with her she appeared like a complete ditz. But I like her music.

iluv2viddyfilms 10-18-09 09:13 PM

Originally Posted by WBadger (Post 575298)
Where is his review ?

jrs 10-18-09 09:18 PM

Originally Posted by iluv2viddyfilms (Post 575698)
Where is his review ?
He posted a link to it in the first post in this thread......

Originally Posted by Sexy Celebrity (Post 575297)
Avoid it at all costs.

My review is here.

TheUsualSuspect 10-18-09 09:24 PM

I think he meant Pike's.

iluv2viddyfilms 10-18-09 09:27 PM

Originally Posted by TheUsualSuspect (Post 575704)
I think he meant Pike's.
Yep, that's what I meant.

TheUsualSuspect 10-18-09 09:54 PM

It's under the reviews section of the site, look at the top of the page.

Slug 10-18-09 10:49 PM

Originally Posted by Sexy Celebrity (Post 575297)
Avoid it at all costs.
I heard that too.

honeykid 10-20-09 12:04 AM

Originally Posted by jrs (Post 575670)
Well maybe I didn't think you should have given it what you did. The movie wasn't that bad to give it such a harsh review. You are practically the only person who probably hated the movie :p
So now people have to limit their criticism of things they don't like? Does this work in reverse? If someone gives a film 5/5 and declares it they favourite film of all time, will they get neg repped too?

I'm trying to put together a top 100 of my favourite films for this place, but, considering the films on it, I think I could get neg repped to the ninth circle if this is the new law of the land. :p

meatwadsprite 10-20-09 11:22 AM

I really enjoyed it.

Although Sexy's review was enjoyable in it's own right :laugh:

GodsOtherMonkey 10-20-09 12:44 PM

I think the big question here is:

WILL YOUR FIVE-YEAR-OLD LIKE IT?

and nothing else matters.

I hope it does really well so that the Jim Henson Company can go on to make other pictures.
MUPPETS! (rule)