Movie Forums (http://www.movieforums.com/community/index.php)
-   The Television & Music Forum (http://www.movieforums.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Best Non-English Language TV Series of the 2010s (http://www.movieforums.com/community/showthread.php?t=61074)

Troyaferd 03-09-20 09:40 AM

Best Non-English Language TV Series of the 2010s

What are the best non-english language TV Series of the 2010s. Please list and rank them.

ScarletLion 03-09-20 10:36 AM

Re: Best Non-English Language TV Series of the 2010s

1. Dark.
2. Gomorrah.
3. Les Revenants
4. Forbrydelsen.

Need to see :

'Going my Home' by Hirokazu Koreeda
'Boys over Flowers (S Korea)
'Money heist' (Spain)
'Umbre' (Romania)

Guaporense 03-09-20 08:11 PM

While I had just commented on another thread that I thought EVA was the "greatest" TV show of all time, I would nominate Puella Magi Madoka Magica from 2011 to be the "best" TV show of all time. It is great because it takes the formula of the "dark anime show", perhaps the most sophisticated genre of anime, and executes it perfectly. I was really blown away by it and I find it hard to imagine anything else made for TV that is actually comparable in terms of quality.

pahaK 03-09-20 09:59 PM

I voted for Dark. It's best on the list* and nothing better immediately popped into my head from outside either.

*I must admit that I've only seen one other though so I'm kinda voting in the dark. The other I've seen is Babylon Berlin which is a pretty good show too and I'm waiting for the season 3 to come available in here.

Troyaferd 03-11-20 05:41 AM

Originally Posted by Guaporense (Post 2071404)
While I had just commented on another thread that I thought EVA was the "greatest" TV show of all time, I would nominate Puella Magi Madoka Magica from 2011 to be the "best" TV show of all time. It is great because it takes the formula of the "dark anime show", perhaps the most sophisticated genre of anime, and executes it perfectly. I was really blown away by it and I find it hard to imagine anything else made for TV that is actually comparable in terms of quality.

I tried to watch it some time ago, but couldn't finish the first Episode. I may should give it another try.

Troyaferd 03-20-20 05:42 AM

My Brilliant Friend is another good one.

Tyler1 03-28-20 01:00 PM

From the list, Dark (2017).

Best of the decade? Misaeng: Incomplete Life (2014).

Daniel M 03-28-20 03:43 PM

P'tit Quinquin is the only one I have seen but I absolutely loved that, I would definitely recommend people check that out. I need to get to the sequel show.

Troyaferd 05-06-20 05:35 AM

Originally Posted by Daniel M (Post 2077988)
P'tit Quinquin is the only one I have seen but I absolutely loved that, I would definitely recommend people check that out. I need to get to the sequel show.

P'tit Quinquin is hilarious and crazy fun. Coincoin is really good too ;)

GulfportDoc 05-06-20 10:49 AM

I've seen several of these series, but not all, so I'd hate to rank them without full knowledge.

But it's good to see a list of series, since I'm always on the lookout for a good one.

pahaK 05-06-20 11:05 AM

Oh yeah, Fauda should be included on that list. It's pretty much a tie between it and Dark for me at the moment.

Troyaferd 05-07-20 03:54 AM

My Brilliant Friend is another good one.

Troyaferd 05-07-20 03:56 AM

Originally Posted by pahaK (Post 2071440)
The other I've seen is Babylon Berlin which is a pretty good show too and I'm waiting for the season 3 to come available in here.

Season 3 was really disappointing.