Movie Forums (http://www.movieforums.com/community/index.php)
-   Movie Forums Site Stuff (http://www.movieforums.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   MoFo Fantasy Football 2009: Week 11 (http://www.movieforums.com/community/showthread.php?t=21203)

Powdered Water 11-19-09 12:52 AM

MoFo Fantasy Football 2009: Week 11

Well now, that was a fun weekend wasn't it? Yeah buddy! Suddenly this entire league is wide open baby! Isn't this game fun? I know I'm having fun. Alas, poor team Spudly was The Odd Squad's latest victim and after the game, crack reporter PW McSlapperson was able to glean these comments from the opposing team...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L_slkTEZ0rs

Crown them indeed.

Man-O-Sakes alive I am still buzzing from all this excitement!!! Lets hurry up and get to Sunday so we can do it all over again shall we?

And need I mention that I've never been happier being so wrong? 3-4 again last week, but boy oh boy the ones I picked wrong were huge losses weren't they? This game will drive you to drink and smoke and late night binge eating and hair loss and blindness (well.. maybe not that last one) and most of all it can lead to insanity. But Insanity isn't really a bad thing yeah? In fact I encourage it. Now 41-29 on the year, lets find out who's going to win this week shall we?

The Odd Squad vs. Flash

Nothing PW could say will ever be able to sum up this game better than The Emperor Ming could. So I'd like to introduce this week's guest reporter. Take it away Ming!

"Pathetic earthlings. Hurling your bodies out into the void, without the slightest inkling of who or what is out here. If you had known anything about the true nature of the universe, anything at all, you would've hidden from it in terror."

"Every thousand years, I test each life system in the Universe. I visit it with mysteries, earthquakes, unpredicted eclipses, strange craters in the wilderness... If these are taken as natural, I judge that system ignorant and harmless - I spare it. But if the Hand of Ming is recognized in these events, I judge that system dangerous to us."

Oooookaaaaay! Thanks a bunch there Ming. Lighten up, will ya buddy? Sheesh.

My pick: Odd Squad, Brady's pissed = bad for the Jets

11 Angry Men vs. Slug's Sweeties

As much as I would love to point out that the Angry Men are in a free fall. have you taken a look at their matchups this week? Ridonkulous, I tell you. 3 Tampa's, 2 Washington's, A St' Louis and a Tennessee for good measure. And The Angry Men are angry, I'm not kidding ya. How Yahoo only has this team at 126 points for the week right now is laughable. Sure, this is the NATIONAL FOOTBALL LEAGUE, but still. Slug, you've got your hands full this week, so you better hope old Mr. Reeves can wrangle up some magic for you.

My pick: 11 Angry Men in a romp

Da Bears vs. Beantown Champs

Wow, close game doesn't really describe this one. A lot is riding on this game for both teams and both need their respective teams to put up some big point totals to add to the very important tie breaker of total points scored in the league. It appears that DeAngelo Williams will play and Mikey really needs him. But the real matchup this week may be between the 2 QB's Matt Ryan has been struggling mightily and Rivers goes to Denver on a roll. Tough call.

My pick: Da Bears, barely... heh.

Hired Goons vs. Wolverines

LT, must get a win now in order to stay in the hunt. She also needs to put up a nice big point total for the week. The Goons look to play spoiler and appear primed to do so. Rodgers and Jennings could have a pretty big day at home versus a team from the west coast that may not travel well. We'll see. For LT, does good Cutler or Bad Cutler show up? Will Moss put up another monster day as well? Certainly possible. I think Mendenhall is going to have a pretty good day against KC too.

My pick: Wolverines, "It was five to one. I got four."

Gadsden Flag vs. Team Darcy

Huge game again! Isn't this fun? If Turner can't go then I think Darcy is in serious trouble here. Her two best receivers have tough matchups and her backup RB's may not net her much when its all said and done. Gadsden has All Day going up against the hapless Seahawks at home. Nuff said.

My pick: Gadsden Flag, a real Amreican hero

The Tateraters vs. TONGO

Yeesh, if this game were on TV we'd be forced to listen to the announcers trying there best to convince us all of how exciting this dog of a game is. Probably saying things like; "These are the two best 1-9 teams in the league here folks!" I mean, no offense but, yeesh. Safe to say that neither team's season has worked out the way they planned at the beginning of the year. TONGO evidently plans to keep trading until Yahoo forces him to stop on Friday and Spudly looks primed to take advantage and pick up his second win of the year. I have a feeling Benson won't play this week, so what the hell...

My pick: The Tateraters, "I don't wanna sit at the kiddie table no more!"

The Replicants vs. I-L-M-F

Could be a tough game for the 'Bots after losing a great back like Brown. And of course, the universe being such as it is he's up against the team that will benefit the most from Brown's absence. Ricky Williams was already having a nice little year before the injury and with most of his childish problems seemingly behind him, looks primed to have a nice finish to the year. I hope Bobby remembers to check his team because he's dealing with a loss of his own, now that Bowe is out for 4 games. He's got a decent replacement on the bench in Brandon Jacobs. That being said though the 'Bots still have that MJD guy and he's uh, good and stuff. I think his Beanie Wells pickup was huge too as it appears the Cardinals (ugh, I hate the f*ckin' Cardinals) are trying to attain a little balance before their playoff run. So, he could have a pretty sweet day against those feckless Rams. Think I'd probably start Knowshon myself, but it may not even matter.

My pick: 'Bots, matchin' their meet

And so, on goes this thing of ours... Good luck kids!

upStomp 11-19-09 08:38 AM

Re: MoFo Fantasy Football 2009: Week 11

Thanks for the nod, Chris. Alas, even if I win, I'll probably fall 4 more spots. ;)

Yoda 11-19-09 12:47 PM

Decisions, decisions. Even with the crazy Saints backfield (Reggie Bush is in the mix now? Really?), I've gotta play Thomas based on both his talent and the matchup. But after that it gets...muddled.

I think there's an extremely good chance that Steve Slaton has a big game and regains the starting job easily, but the floor on him this week is just too low, so he's out. Can't risk it.

Oh, Steve Slaton, come back to me. Can any man truly tame you? Other than Gary Kubiak, I mean

That leaves Hightower and L. McCoy for the second slot. Hightower's clearly splitting time with Wells, but he's still the goal line back and catching a lot of passes. If he doesn't get hurt he seems like a shoe-in for 8-10, and usually gets more.

On the other hand, McCoy's getting most of the touches now. Philly's a pass-first time for the most part, but McCoy's gotten three starts with Westbrook out this year, and in those three starts he's put up 16.3, 17.2, and 16.5 points, on touches of 21, 13, and 18. Last week he didn't do much, but the Eagles were down early and McNabb through for 450 yards. I can't imagine that happens every week, so I think I've got to play McCoy.

Just do it, LeSean. Change your name to "Wian Brestbook." Become him. That'll show those dirty Hatfields

Oh, but wait, it gets harder! This doesn't settle things, because Austin had a "meh" game last week, and is up against a Redskins team that actually plays pretty well against the pass, so he's no longer a no-brainer start in the Flex. Alternatives are L. Maroney (hey, he's getting the goal line touches), J. Cotchery (dude's just solid), and the aforementioned Hightower.

Tough call, to say the least. Probably playing McCoy in the RB slot and Hightower in the Flex, but there are 3-4 guys I could make a case for.

This photo is from the future. Except for the part where he's playing the Chiefs. Ignore that part

Now that I've done all this analysis, I'll just go email my fiance and then ignore her sage advice again.

Naturally, second opinions from anyone other than Slug (;D) are always appreciated, though I think I probably have to play McCoy/Hightower over Austin/Cotchery/Maroney.

Powdered Water 11-19-09 08:39 PM

If I had my way I'd cut Hightower. I admit, I may be biased somewhat. If it makes any difference I'm starting McCoy on all the rest of my teams that I have him on. I think the kid is dynamite.

Cotchery going to the Patriots sounds brutal. But Austin at home versus the Redskins? Have you seen the Redskins? Yeesh again...

But yeah, Hightower is for suck. Wells may get some carries but those receivers are going to have field days against that pitiful Rams D. The Slaton thing is brutal for you. He'd be the obvious choice for me in the swing spot if he were starting but as of now who knows how much time he's actually going to get. I think he gets his job back soon, but will it be this week?

Anyway, I picked you this week and I do think you'll win but It won't break my heart if you pick all the wrong guys and you fall down the ladder some more either. So, uh... yeah! Good luck, and I hope you both lose!

Yoda 11-19-09 08:59 PM

Your Cardinals hate is definitely overwhelming your better judgment, my friend. Hightower's numbers are awfully solid; I think he's averaging like 12-13 a game, and hasn't had less than, like 7, in a single game this season. He hasn't been great, but catching those 3-4 passes a game is just insane. He's on pace for like 80 receptions.

Redskins are bad, but it's mostly because of their offense. They're 8th-best in giving up fantasy points to WRs.

The Slaton thing is definitely brutal; that's exactly the right word for it. But honestly, I think there's a better-than-even chance that he has a solid game and regains the #1 spot. I just have to wait until after his first good game to trust him.

Heck, not even sure if I trust Thomas this week, but against the Bucs I've gotta do it. It's almost certainly Thomas and McCoy, which means it's probably Hightower in the swing.

Could make a case for Maroney, too. Eek. Fantasy footballing is hard.

TONGO 11-19-09 09:00 PM

Originally Posted by Yoda (Post 583187)
Oh, but wait, it gets harder! This doesn't settle things, because Austin had a "meh" game last week, and is up against a Redskins team that actually plays pretty well against the pass, so he's no longer a no-brainer start in the Flex. Alternatives are L. Maroney (hey, he's getting the goal line touches),

Naturally, second opinions from anyone other than Slug (;D) are always appreciated, though I think I probably have to play McCoy/Hightower over Austin/Cotchery/Maroney.
Yoda polease drop Maroney too waivers before you hurt yourself with him. He is the biggest meh of the season by far. If Fred Taylor was 100% the Patriots running game would still suck, and Maroney sure aint Taylor.

Yoda 11-19-09 09:08 PM

Ah, but Fred Taylor being hurt (and Sammy Morris, too) is precisely the reason to hang onto him. His last four games: 22, 10, 14, 10. Scored a TD every game.

He's not much good, but with two of their backs out he gets at least a dozen touches, and he's the goal line back for an awfully good offense. That's all it takes, really.

Powdered Water 11-19-09 09:11 PM

Yeah, I'd definitely play Thomas and McCoy. To be honest both Hightower and Austin have sweet matchups so it may end up not really mattering which one you choose. I can't wait to hear which one your soon to be better half picks.

Yoda 11-19-09 09:33 PM

I think she chose Cotchery, actually. Moot point now, though; just traded Austin.

Powdered Water 11-19-09 09:40 PM

Wow!

Slug 11-19-09 11:06 PM

I like my team.
I feel my team will represent itself well on the field this weekend, and it's true the odds are against us, but there is always a chance we might win.
Go Sweeties!

7thson 11-19-09 11:13 PM

Originally Posted by Slug (Post 583332)
Go Sweeties!

Sedai 11-20-09 10:42 AM

Dear Rick Williams:

Wouldn't you like a nice big phatty right now? You know, since you smashed my teams face last night, I think it's time you celebrate...and get suspended for another year or something....meanie.

Yoda 11-20-09 11:21 AM

:laugh: Yeah, he roasted you last night. 'Course, you're still projected to win, because MJD gets to run all over Buffalo. That's gonna be interesting.

Sedai 11-20-09 11:30 AM

It's all about the BEAN!!!! I need some decent numbers from him to compete, methinks.

Yoda 11-20-09 11:32 AM

I think you're probably right. Just assuming MJD gets in the 20-25 range, a lot will hinge on whether Wells puts up 8 or 16.

Really could go either way; against the Rams, I think it's possible both of our guys put up double-digit points. Hightower's still the goal line back, but as Wells showed last week, he can punch it in from 10 yards out when he has to.

Man, what a week this is shaping up to be already! Crazy action at the deadline, even the stronger teams having to think on their feet. Awesome stuff. :up:

Sedai 11-20-09 12:30 PM

Indeed!

Here is a pick of LT and I, just so folks can put the teams/names to faces!

http://photos-b.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos..._4484595_n.jpg

Sorry about the pic quality - Cell phone!

upStomp 11-20-09 12:32 PM

That's Mike on the left, in case you're wondering. :D

Sedai 11-20-09 12:48 PM

Not that anyone will be looking at me ;)

Yoda 11-20-09 01:40 PM

Yeah, I was pretty distracted by that chandelier.

Sedai 11-20-09 01:40 PM

But ...there weren't any lights on at the party...

U.F.O!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TONGO 11-20-09 09:34 PM

Originally Posted by Sedai (Post 583468)
Indeed!

Here is a pick of LT and I, just so folks can put the teams/names to faces!

http://photos-b.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos..._4484595_n.jpg

Sorry about the pic quality - Cell phone!
You make a cute couple. At a restaurant with chandeliers?! Well thats just big city slickin'! Did they have cloth napkins? Did you keep them?! Down here in florida glass jars are for drinking :goof:

Hired Goons vs Wolverines

Think this is a sure thing for Wolvie? Think again cause if Cutler performs half as bad as he did the Eagles will take him to their nest and just eat him. LTizzys WR & RB matchup is what will save her. Badgers playing Vernon Davis against his own team! :eek: I would never play someone on my team thats playing my Buccaneers! :laugh: Wolverines make fodder of the Hired Goons

The Replicants Vs ILMF

Wow Ricky Williams done opened up a can o whoopass last night! Yeah he wouldve been the next Bo Jackson. I like Megans matchup of Ladainian Tomlinson vs Beanie Wells. LT is back, and Whhhaaaaaats this?! Brent Celek is in Megans lineup! Run Seds run. The sheer karmaic significance of that would make anyone thats seen a b-rated movie move up in their seats, buuuuut a suspended Dwayne Bowes still in the lineup so thats that. MJD might cover some of Rickys big thursday points that nobody in the world saw because thursday is not for football!, and Replicants surely will beat Megan in the WR matchup. Not the QB one though as the Cowboys alweays play the Redskins tough, and vice versa.
Im giving Bobby the benefit of the doubt, and say he'll remove Bowe from his lineup before sunday. Yeah this is my somewhat upset pick of the week, but I had a 33.80 point head start Megan Fox fineness makes the smiling Bots drool and they short circuit

11 Angry Men Vs Slugs Sweeties

Who knows where Drew Brees head is at with his moms death ruled a suicide. Strained relationship or not that will floor anyone. Tampa Bay will be playing the Saints like a bunch of hyper kids praying hustle will save them. This is the week Slugs duo Cardinal WRs will pay off as Warners going up against his old team St Louis. Westbrooks out so McCoy is da man'....oh Chris Johnson?! Nevermind. Angry Men lose two in a row?! The fact Andre Johnson will be negating Schaubs points somewhat helps. Angry Men win because........Yahoo said so oh I dont know!

Team Darcy Vs Gadsden Flag

Heres a cute exchange from the two in the smackbox...
  • Team DarcyNovember 17, 8:01 pm Let's do-si-do, Jay. And maybe I'll be nice and cover your trampled body with your little flag after your beat down this Sunday.
  • Gadsden FlagNovember 18, 4:20 am Were you trying to make me cry? Nobody told me Fantasy Football could result in injury or death. ;-)
  • Team DarcyNovember 20, 7:43 am Perhaps I should have kept my mouth shut until after I saw the injury reports! I'm slightly frightened.Slightly.
  • Gadsden FlagNovember 20, 1:39 pm Don't be too afraid. My Barber trade may bite me in the ass short term.
HA! Kurt Warner will be awesome baby awesome! Jay you dont know how big a trade that was for you Gadsden Flag surprises Darcy, and might surprise us all.

Yeah last year I had Matt Schaub, Reggie Wayne, and Adrian Peterson, and was unstoppable till Schaubs leg broke. So I know a strong QB/RB/WR combo could put a league on its ear

DaBears Vs Beantown Champs

Yahoo projected scores 119.41 vs 119.79 What the hell?! These matchups this week have never been tighter! I think my early prediction of no one team being dominant in this league is coming true. DaBears Roddy Whites gonna be syphoning points off Matt Ryan, but Rivers is up against a supposedly tough Denver D. Bernard Berrian is a lil gimped up, but Reggie Bush might not play at all, LaDell Betts may actually be the differencemaker since Portis is out DaHealthierBears bite the Champs on their running arse

Flash Vs PWs Odd Squad

Hey here it is! Heres the lopsided victory I was looking for! Miles Austin gets off the bus and gets beaten silly by the Odd Squad

Dont feel bad Flash. It could be worse, and speaking of the last matchup....

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_7OC0YbG2fe...mabowlgame.jpg

Yeah I think even Alabama would beat the next two teams...

TONGO Vs The Tateraters

Both of us are 1-9, and do you know just how many matchups Ive lost with a projected point advantage?! Alot. Cedric Benson is out, but new RB Jamaal Charles is gonna be sweating the fiercest run D in Pittsburgh. Damn! Bengals are in Oakland and Taters got 2 Bengal WRs :sick: Losing to Tater would be the hardest hit ever Tateraters fry the big monkey, but it doesnt matter folks. Week 13 Tongo will beat the Odd Squad, and redeem himself :yup: Yes Im serious :cool:

Yoda 11-21-09 03:25 PM

Quick update: Reggie Bush is out for Sunday's game against Tampa Bay. I think the Bush trade cut it pretty close to the 48-hours-before-kickoff mark anyway, so I don't know if it changes much for the new owner, Jay, but either way one of you will wanna bench him.

Meanwhile, I will celebrate the possibility of Pierre Thomas getting a slightly greater share of the carries, and a significantly greater share (in theory) of the goal line touches. Woohoo. And no, I'm not ashamed to be engaging in such blatant football schadenfraude.

upStomp 11-21-09 05:02 PM

Thanks, Chris. I was aware that he might be out this week (and was actually hoping he'd get that extra rest), but the trade didn't clear until last night, so I don't get him until next week anyway.

Yoda 11-21-09 05:39 PM

Yeah, I'd lost track of when it went through, exactly. Not sure if 2 days means 48 hours, either, or two nights. IE: could a trade Friday morning at 12:50 PM be available Sunday at 12:50 PM, just before kickoff? Dunno, and it's an academic point now, anyway.

Yoda 11-21-09 07:24 PM

Well, here we go again; Steve Slaton has been announced as the starting running back on Monday. Of course, on one hand this is great news, and it fits with my expectation that he might actually put up pretty big numbers, even with all the uncertainty around his role. But even with this news, I'm not sure I can take a chance on him.

If something comes out about his actual share of the carries (starting by itself obviously doesn't mean a lot), I might have to reconsider, but man oh man, this makes for a quite a situation. McCoy, Hightower and an uncertain Slaton for two spots. It's a nice problem to have all of a sudden, but that doesn't make it any less agonizing.

Wouldn't be the weekend without a little lineup agony, though, eh?

Yoda 11-21-09 08:42 PM

Oh, and I can't believe I'm saying this, but curses on TONGO for snapping up the Detroit defense. :laugh: I've got Baltimore going against the Colts, which obviously isn't acceptable, so I was scouring the free agency rolls for something at least mediocre. I settled on Detroit but had to wait for the Clark trade to go through first.

As bad as Detroit's defense is, it figures to be decent against Cleveland's anemic offense. Sad matchup, though; the Stoppable Force versus the Movable Object. :D

Powdered Water 11-21-09 09:20 PM

Think I'd have to play Slaton. Tough call though, you're right.

Piledriver 11-22-09 10:42 AM

It's here!! It's here!! Week 11 is Finally Here!! I can't believe it's already week 11 and there are 6 teams tied for 4th place!! Well points scored spreads out all six teams, but to have the top 9 teams separated by one win at this time is totally INSANE! I never thought it would be this close coming up to the playoffs, but at least its interesting and it makes every game important. Fridays deadline brought a flurry of trades before midnight, and every team is hoping they made the right deal that will propel them into the top 6 and from there, the coveted MoFo FFL Championship!! With the top two teams each taking it on the chin last week, even the bye weeks are up for grabs now and todays games could upset the top spots even more when its all said and done.
I'm so excited, I can barely contain myself, so lets get on with the PICKS OF THE WEEK:

The Replicants vs. I-L-M-F -
Well it looks like that choice to start Ricky Williams this week is coming up big for the Fox, with the Dolphins back getting him nearly 34 points Thursday night and a great lead going into todays games. Looking at the remainder of the matchups, the Bots will have an uphill climb to overcome the points lead Fox is off to, but it isn't impossible. McNabb tends to play well when playing Chicago and Vincent Jackson, MJD and Beanie Wells should rack up some decent numbers, but it may not be enough. Romo has potential for a HUGE payday, Santonio Holmes could have a career game against the Chiefs and LT looks like he is back on track, and may have big numbers today too against the division rival Broncos. The Bots have had a tough few weeks (he barely squeaked out a win versus yours truly 2 weeks back ;) ) and I think this week it doesn't get any easier for him. At least he is a lock for the playoffs....for now anyway....

The Fox gives the Bots their second loss in a row

Flash vs. PW's Odd Squad -
Looks like we have another game where Thursdays starters have come up large for their owners and may make the difference in the end. Steve Smith has already accumulated 21 points and I think the rest of PW's team will follow suit and rack up major points as well, especially Ray Rice and Larry Fitzgerald, whom I expect to have ridiculous games this week. Flash made an excellent trade for Miles Austin and Jason Witten, and with the Cowboys playing the 'Skins today, they should shine for him big time. My only concern for the Flash is the Colts-Ravens matchup and how well Manning will fair against a hyped-up Baltimore defense, who wants nothing more than to crush the Colts and their 9-0 record. It doesn't look good for Peyton and Pierre this weekend, and I don't think the rest of the team will be able to make up the difference for the Flash.

PW still fighting for a bye week with his 4th win in a row

The Tateraters vs. TONGO -
I'm sure Tongo will fill that empty RB slot before kick-off, so I'm gonna base my picks on that happening, but having said that, I'm not sure if that will even matter. With Big Ben in KC and Ochocinco playing the Raiders, The Taters could see a steady stream of points racking up this weekend. I expect average performances from most of Taters team, but I see the same from all of Tongos squad, so Big Ben could be the difference maker in this matchup. Tongo needs Favre and Harvin to connect for a few Tds and for Gostkowski to leg it out over the Jets to keep from going 1-10, but it may be inevitable at this point.

The Taters get win #2 and climb out of the cellar

Gadsden Flag vs. Team Darcy -

Here we have two very evenly matched-up teams going at it in this contest, and I think its gonna be decided by the Quarterback positions in this one. With Kurt Warner now helming the Flag ship, and facing the Rams “pass friendly” back field, I think he will be the difference maker in this one. Most of the other positional matchups look pretty even, with the exception of All-Day facing the Seahawks of course, but overall, this one should come down to the wire.

Gadsden waves the flag of Victory in week 11

Hired Goons vs. Wolverines -
Here we have yet another seemingly close matchup that both teams have the ability to win, or lose, depending on what team shows up to play for each of them. Jay Cutler has BOOM or Bust potential for the Wolverines and has been the cause of alarm for Lisa's team all season. She has Moss and Edwards going head-to-head this week and I think Moss could have a decent showing this time around against the Jets secondary, but I think Edwards may have a harder time making a dent against a VERY super charged Patriot defense that has nothing but redemption on their minds and a plan on dishing out the PAIN on the Jets offense, so at least this one will be exciting to watch if nothing else. Forte needs to step it up and get those hard fought yards against an above average Philly D-line and Kevin Smith needs to take advantage of the Browns non-existent run stopping and make LTIZZY some needed points. The Goons have Rodgers and Jennings connecting against the 49ers, Lynch facing the Jags and Davis matched-up on the Packers backers, but I think he will fall a few points shy with Lewis and Williams not putting up the points needed to get the win.

Wolverines win this one, Bub! SHINKT!!

11 Angry Men vs. Slug's Sweeties -
Oh how the mighty have fallen!! The 11 Angry Men have looked more like the 11 Annoyed WalMart Greeters the past few weeks and with Drew Brees facing some very sad personal issues, this could be the beginning of the end for Yoda. With so much of his team riding on the Saints matchups, all that has to happen for the Sweeties to lock a win is a stellar game by the Bucs and its free sailing from there. I think Pierre Thomas should have a great game this afternoon and LeSean McCoy should do the same, but the forecast is uncertain on Brees and his performance will be the deciding factor in this one. With Schaub playing at home against the Titans and the tandem of Breaston and Boldin facing the Rams, the Sweeties look posed to hand the Men their 3rd straight loss and possibly a knock-out of the playoffs all together. And lets not forget Chris “I'm A Scoring Machine” Johnson facing Houston Monday night, not that any of us did, and what he brings to the table too. Looking like some bad ju-ju coming Yods way.

The Sweeties hand the Men their 4th loss of the season

Beantown Champs vs. Da Bears -
Well here we have my Match-up of the Week folks and it looks like its gonna be a dousy. With my foot still sore from kicking some Angry ass, I'm faced with the task of beating down Da Bears this week and its gonna be tough. Rivers always steps it up against the Broncos and DeAngelo Williams has already tallied some healthy points Thursday night, so I have my work cut-out for me. Matt Ryan has been struggling lately for me and with no Reggie Bush to bail me out this week, I need Jackson and Gore to really have HUGE games this weekend and save my ass from the fire. With a lot of “Q”'s and a “P” next to a few of Da Bears players, I have to hope some of those guys don't produce enough to overcome my push for the playoffs. Its gonna be close, but....

Beantown gets closer to the post season thanks to Hines “Happy Hands” Ward

So there you have it kids, my Week 11 picks for the MoFo League. As usual, Good Luck to Everyone and may the best teams win!!

Powdered Water 11-22-09 12:01 PM

Awesome. Thanks Petey!

upStomp 11-22-09 12:57 PM

Great write-ups again, everyone! Petey and I are hitting the range during the 1:00 games, but I'll see some of you online around 4:00. Good luck to all except the other 6-4 teams and Darcy! ;)

Oh wait...that's like 90% of the league.

LTIZZY 11-22-09 12:57 PM

May we all have a great fantasy day.....hoping I take it this week and earn a spot in the playoffs this week or you will all here me whine about it like the girl I am !!!

Lets get it on my fantasy freaks :)

Yoda 11-22-09 01:33 PM

Gah. The Slaton thing is driving me insane. I don't know if I can play him without having an idea of the timeshare here, though. I fully expect the next 25 minutes to be terrible.

Powdered Water 11-22-09 02:00 PM

Play him. Then when you lose, you can blame PW.

Slug 11-22-09 03:57 PM

The Sweeties are gettin' torn up at the moment.

WBadger 11-22-09 04:19 PM

I really think you should play Slaton, Yoda.

WBadger 11-22-09 05:28 PM

T.O. got a 98-yard touchdown today... finally. But, I didn't play him :(

Bad season for me.

Mrs. Darcy 11-22-09 10:23 PM

Lost by a mere 7 or so points! Curse every player that dissed me today, a pox on your families!

Good job, Jay.

Slug 11-22-09 10:34 PM

I need to suck it up tomorrow.

LTIZZY 11-23-09 10:12 AM

This is a close one for me point wise...lets hope my kicker can make it happen tonight! Oh the fantasy horrible goodness .....I must say I love it :)

Yoda 11-23-09 11:18 AM

Another crazy week. Steelers lose a heartbreaker and fall to 6-4. All four losses are by less than a score; 3, 3, 6, and 3. :rolleyes: So it goes.

Games still up in the air heading into Monday Night Football:
Hired Goons vs. Wolverines
LT needs 5 points out of her kicker, Kris Brown.

11 Angry Men vs. Slug's Sweeties
This one's pretty crazy. I've got Andre Johnson, Steve Slaton, and a 33-point margin up against Matt Schaub, Chris Johnson, and kicker Rob Bironas. Even if Schaub and Johnson both put up around 25 each, I'll still only need a little over 25 or so out of my two guys combined, so I like my chances. But I'll be watching quite intently, though.
Amusingly (annoyingly?), I have Schaub in my other league and he needs about 29-30 tonight for me to win. I'll gladly take a loss there to secure a win here, though.

I had five running backs score at least 13 points this week, with Slaton yet to play. Yikes. Might have quite a few decisions to make next week with guys like Jason Snelling asserting themselves.

LTIZZY 11-23-09 03:21 PM

Im not to sure about my kicker getting 5 pts tonight but, anything is possible right?

Yoda 11-23-09 03:30 PM

I wouldn't be sure, but you're in pretty good shape. Brown's scored at least 5 points in 6 of his 9 games so far, and the Titans' defense isn't terribly stout, either.

LTIZZY 11-23-09 04:49 PM

Im not to positive on the subject but, you never know it could happen....and this is why I have a love hate with fantasy....dont we all though! :yup:

Sedai 11-24-09 03:18 PM

Man, Kris Brown missed two FGs last night, and overall just managed to get LT the 5 points she needed. The last few weeks have been tough on Brown, and his confidence is clearly shaken. He seemed dejected all night, especially after blowing yet another game for his team in the final seconds.

Meanwhile: I LOST ANOTHER ELITE PLAYER!

That makes three, and I am glad I have Driver to fill in, who has been a bit more consistent all year, if not as explosive (Johnson broke his career high in yardage Sunday). If the next game for the Lions was on Sunday, he might have had a chance to play, but they have to play Thursday (in one of the most unexciting Thanksgiving match-ups I can rememeber), so i have to sit him and play Driver.

Also - IT JUST DOESN"T GET ANY BETTER THAN THIS!

Yoda and I face off this week, during rivalry week, and it all culminates with the ridiculously huge Patriots/Saints match-up on Monday night. Meh - It's no big deal. I am sure Chris will be putting the finishing touches on his tessellated bathroom floor while I will be completing the final class of my 130 week kazoo course.

http://www.funnfrolic.co.uk/party-st.../pam/kazoo.gif

Certainly not one to block the end hole, I plan on acing my exam, and getting back to fantasy action next week, after these silly unimportant games this week.

YEAH RIGHT!

I can't wait for this week's game to begin!

Yoda 11-24-09 03:26 PM

He drove Steeler fans nuts in the couple years he was here, but he seems to have become far more reliable since then. Ya' gotta feel for him, if only because this last field goal was 49 yards and they had a chance to get things a bit closer for him. The other, at 42, was certainly makeable but neither of these were chip shots.

Anyway, it always bums me out to see kickers miss, assuming I don't have a stake in the game. Their relative importance still feels kinda weird in the context of the rest of the game, and they get way too much of the blame when these kinds of things happen.

upStomp 11-24-09 03:36 PM

I'd love to see the end of the entire kicking game. No more FG's, Punts, or Kickoffs. Start at the 30 and go back and forth until someone scores. Rinse and Repeat.

Sedai 11-24-09 03:38 PM

@ Yoda

Agreed. After the Colts gaff and then this, I am hoping his team rallied after the game to try to keep his head up and restore some confidence through team faith. Brown is the last remaining original Texan from when the team was first created, I think.

@ Jay That would seem kind of weird, yes? It's always been such a big part of the game.

upStomp 11-24-09 04:01 PM

Indeed it would, but I'm sure I could get used to it in a hurry. Especially since it might result in less commercials (a boy can dream, can't he?). :D

Sedai 11-24-09 05:17 PM

Ok, I am on board. I hadn't considered the commercial thing...but wait! How would I then scurry into my office to check fantasy stats? I have come to rely on commercials as my alarm to go check stats and banter in the chat!

WBadger 11-24-09 05:20 PM

Yeah, it really hurts to lose a game by less than 1 point.

TONGO 11-24-09 05:21 PM

Originally Posted by upStomp (Post 584487)
I'd love to see the end of the entire kicking game. No more FG's, Punts, or Kickoffs. Start at the 30 and go back and forth until someone scores. Rinse and Repeat.
Yknow the kicker is probably second only to the quarterback for mental toughness. Especially for a game winning kick. The stress and tension so acute that everything accomplished by others could be made redundant. Id hate to be a kicker. Id really hate to be Scott Norwood, and I imagine hes the boogeyman story all kickers tell around the campfire.

Yoda 11-24-09 05:48 PM

Originally Posted by WBadger (Post 584512)
Yeah, it really hurts to lose a game by less than 1 point.
You really got unlucky this week, yeah. If you'd gotten anything at all out of Lynch OR Williams, you'd have won. I feel for ya'.

Originally Posted by TONGO (Post 584513)
Yknow the kicker is probably second only to the quarterback for mental toughness. Especially for a game winning kick. The stress and tension so acute that everything accomplished by others could be made redundant. Id hate to be a kicker. Id really hate to be Scott Norwood, and I imagine hes the boogeyman story all kickers tell around the campfire.
They probably don't let him join in any kicker games, either.

spudracer 11-25-09 10:35 AM

In the words of one of my always-depressed friends, "I hate my life."

This season has not been good for me. It seems that I've got a bunch of weiners, when I was looking for winners. Is the season over yet!? :D

TONGO 11-26-09 12:26 AM

Cheer up Tater. Your luck was so bad this year it was near comical, but the bright side is youve got an incredible sized positive karma dam that is just ready to burst. Basically when your luck turns youll be a true fright. Just go autodraft next year, and I bet youll be pleased.

I am so prepared for next years draft I could spit for the wait. A year from now Ill probably pull my old parchments out, and redo everything anyway. Round one is going to be very interesting, and from what Ive heard around here Adrian Peterson still has the juice, but what of the other 14?

Round 1 of this years draft I see only 8 or 9 that will reappear. Turner, Ochocinco, Forte, Westbrook, and Ladainian wont.Maybe Deangelo will as Carolina is commited to their run, and their O line is $$$. Im sure Ray Rice, Chris Johnson, and Steven Jackson will rise to round one. The trick is when to draft who. QBs go Peyton, Brady, or Brees round one. Rodgers, and Schaub maybe. Running backs are gold, and not many folks can pull a Yoda and create a running game from nothing. Eveyone has their own style. I liked Dionnes plan of Peyton & Clark, but a money matchup isnt enough as a thin roster kills you in PPR. Anyway I thought I knew fantasy football till this year, and now Im really ready for next.

7thson 11-26-09 01:17 AM

Originally Posted by TONGO (Post 584964)

Round 1 of this years draft I see only 8 or 9 that will reappear. Turner, Ochocinco, Forte, Westbrook, and Ladainian wont.Maybe Deangelo will as Carolina is commited to their run, and their O line is $$$. Im sure Ray Rice, Chris Johnson, and Steven Jackson will rise to round one. The trick is when to draft who. QBs go Peyton, Brady, or Brees round one. Rodgers, and Schaub maybe. Running backs are gold, and not many folks can pull a Yoda and create a running game from nothing. Eveyone has their own style. I liked Dionnes plan of Peyton & Clark, but a money matchup isnt enough as a thin roster kills you in PPR. Anyway I thought I knew fantasy football till this year, and now Im really ready for next too.
Yeah I had Gonzales as part of that trio I wanted, I am pretty sure it would have helped me if he was healthy, but injuries are part of the game certainly. My running game pretty much did me in and I still blame myself for not being able to draft in person.