Movie Forums (http://www.movieforums.com/community/index.php)
-   The Television & Music Forum (http://www.movieforums.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   The Twin Peaks Thread (http://www.movieforums.com/community/showthread.php?t=28726)

HitchFan97 06-08-12 07:48 PM

The Twin Peaks Thread

http://cinemafanatic.files.wordpress...twin_peaks.jpg

I love this show so much. Having finished it a week or two ago, I cannot get Twin Peaks out of my head and I can honestly say it is the greatest TV show I have ever watched. For any other fans of the series on here, I thought I'd set up a thread where we can discuss favorite episodes, characters, the insane perfection of that final episode, etc. I eagerly await watching Fire Walk With Me.

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lx...4o1_r1_500.gif

TylerDurden99 06-08-12 08:02 PM

Re: The Twin Peaks Thread

LOVE IT, LOVE IT, LOVE IT! Easily the greatest show of all time, and I haven't even watched the last few episodes! The atmosphere and characters are so unique, plus Kyle MacLachlan is perfect as Dale Cooper.

Have to say, my favourite episode is a bit of a cliche; Episode 14, where Laura's killer is finally revealed. That final moment, with all the intercutting shots, distorted pace and cinematography, is amazing, and I still vividly remember the moment I saw it. It was just before I left for school, and I couldn't focus on my work all day, because that scene kept replaying in my mind. Being that I only saw it in 2011, none of the other people at school knew what the **** I was on about.

Brilliant piece of television programming.

Pyro Tramp 06-09-12 05:43 AM

<3

HitchFan97 06-09-12 11:14 AM

Originally Posted by TylerDurden99 (Post 818038)
Have to say, my favourite episode is a bit of a cliche; Episode 14, where Laura's killer is finally revealed. That final moment, with all the intercutting shots, distorted pace and cinematography, is amazing, and I still vividly remember the moment I saw it. It was just before I left for school, and I couldn't focus on my work all day, because that scene kept replaying in my mind. Being that I only saw it in 2011, none of the other people at school knew what the **** I was on about.

Brilliant piece of television programming.
Totally agree with you. That sequence is damn near the best thing Lynch has ever shot, feature film or otherwise.

Sedai 06-09-12 11:54 AM

Huge fan here.... Love the show and anything even remotely connected to it.

Skepsis93 06-09-12 11:59 AM

REALLY need to start watching it soon. Is it as trippy as Lynch's other stuff?

Fiscal 06-09-12 05:11 PM

I watched it earlier this year and absolutely loved it.

TylerDurden99 06-09-12 07:52 PM

Originally Posted by Skepsis93 (Post 818113)
It has a lot of weird, bizarre Lynch trademarks, but I think it's general weirdness is balanced out with some conventional storytelling ideas. I think Fire Walk With Me is much more an onslaught of general exercises in craziness.

re93animator 06-09-12 11:17 PM

Originally Posted by Skepsis93 (Post 818113)
Some of it is, but they had to keep it accessible enough to keep casual viewers tuned in. The story lines are pretty easy to follow; they just have a lot of unusual traits.

Powdered Water 06-10-12 02:45 AM

"This table is Formica."

genesis_pig 06-11-12 01:28 AM

Originally Posted by Sedai (Post 818112)
Huge fan here.... Love the show and anything even remotely connected to it.
& what might that be? curious here

Justin 06-11-12 01:29 AM

Best show ever.....really need to re-watch it. I'm a proud owner of The Gold Box, by the way.

TylerDurden99 06-11-12 01:43 AM

Originally Posted by genesis_pig (Post 818343)
& what might that be? curious here
He might mean the cinematic prequel Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me.

genesis_pig 06-16-12 07:12 PM

Steven Spielberg Was Set To Direct An Episode Of Twin Peaks

genesis_pig 06-16-12 09:31 PM

Can we have a Spoiler edited into the topic title. It would be nice to discuss this freely.
Spoilers below.

I was just reading up random stuff on the show & just realized that Killer Bob was an unintentional character, the guy playing him was actually a set decorator & he accidentally appeared as a reflection in a scene. Lynch liked the idea so much he decided to have him as a recurring character & that turned out too damn well for the show.
But kind of creeps me out even more.

The Gunslinger45 05-27-13 01:47 AM

Just started watching it. Great stuff so far!

TheUsualSuspect 05-27-13 02:20 AM

Once the reveal of who the killer was happened, the show kinda couldn't handle itself and I lost interest.

The Gunslinger45 05-28-13 12:10 AM

Just finished season one. Between this and Blue Velvet, David Lynch is quickly becoming one of my favorite directors.

Daniel M 05-28-13 10:48 AM

Originally Posted by TheUsualSuspect (Post 908229)
Once the reveal of who the killer was happened, the show kinda couldn't handle itself and I lost interest.
Whilst the show certainly changes style in the second season, I still absolutely loved it, I loved the film as well though and I know many people hate that for its bizarre Lynch style.

Iroquois 05-28-13 11:28 AM

Recently watched both seasons and Fire Walk with Me. I liked it well enough, wouldn't say I loved it though. Several of the subplots from season two were definitely a weakness.