Movie Forums (http://www.movieforums.com/community/index.php)
-   Games and Tabs (http://www.movieforums.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   WHERE THE HECK AM I? (http://www.movieforums.com/community/showthread.php?t=50798)

Stirchley 12-07-18 02:17 PM

1 Attachment(s)

lenslady 12-09-18 09:19 PM

Re: WHERE THE HECK AM I?

Pittsburgh

Citizen Rules 12-09-18 09:46 PM

Originally Posted by lenslady (Post 1973463)
Pittsburgh
It is Pittsburgh, I peaked:p

lenslady 12-09-18 10:13 PM

1 Attachment(s)
lol Thanks @Citizen Rules - Well,
let 's see if anyone recognizes where this tower- and city- is.

Citizen Rules 12-09-18 10:22 PM

Isn't that the world's tallest structure? Or was at one time. I think that was in Singapore?

lenslady 12-09-18 11:01 PM

Originally Posted by Citizen Rules (Post 1973472)
Isn't that the world's tallest structure? Or was at one time. I think that was in Singapore?

CR, it WAS the world's tallest structure, but someone got competitive and built an even taller one. I believe this one is now the world's second tallest.

Not in Singapore, but as you suspected; this cosmopolitan city is not in the US.

Stirchley 12-10-18 02:45 PM

Shanghai Tower?

lenslady 12-11-18 12:36 AM

Originally Posted by Stirchley (Post 1973642)
Shanghai Tower?
No. Nowhere near.

Omg if no one gets this, I' m gonna have to give up my Tim Hortons donuts. And poutine. Not to mention maple syrup.

gbgoodies 12-11-18 12:42 AM

Originally Posted by lenslady (Post 1973780)
No. Nowhere near.

Omg if no one gets this, I' m gonna have to give up my Tim Hortons donuts. And poutine. Not to mention maple syrup.

You mentioned "poutine", so I'm going to guess that it's somewhere in Canada.

lenslady 12-11-18 12:53 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Yay @gbgoodies for guessing the country and especially for knowing what poutine is.

I' m often surprised that when I post pics of this country, almost no one recognizes it. Maybe it's that syndrome you mentioned of being so close to a NYC landmark and not going to see it - same with our neighbor?

Here's another hint:
If you visited the city posted above, you may see one of
these ( and not just in the trees)

gbgoodies 12-11-18 01:01 AM

Originally Posted by lenslady (Post 1973784)
Yay @gbgoodies for guessing the country and especially for knowing what poutine is.

I' m often surprised that when I post pics of this country, almost no one recognizes it. Maybe it's that syndrome you mentioned of being so close to a NYC landmark and not going to see it - same with our neighbor?
My college roommate transferred to a school in Montreal, and while I was there, I tried poutine. It was amazing. I've tried many ways to duplicate it here in NY, but I've never found anything as good as that.

While I was there McDonald's was test-marketing poutine in their restaurants, but I guess it didn't go over well because it never came here to our local McDs. :(

Originally Posted by lenslady (Post 1973784)
Here's another hint:
If you visited the city posted above, you may see one of
these ( and not just in the trees)
I don't know much about birds, but that looks like a blue jay. I'll guess Toronto because of the baseball team. :lol:

lenslady 12-11-18 01:54 AM

Absolutely correct @gbgoodies. Toronto it is. Hooray for you ( and me too, I was getting pretty desperate to find anyone who knows of our lovely neighbors of the north :D) . And smart of you to catch the Blue Jay hint. And btw I agree, poutine is amazing, and better in Canada.

Take a turn gbg.

gbgoodies 12-11-18 02:09 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Originally Posted by lenslady (Post 1973790)
Take a turn gbg.

I don't travel much, so this will probably be super easy:

https://www.movieforums.com/communit...1&d=1544508523

lenslady 12-11-18 02:18 AM

I like easy ones @gbgoodies . So I think that is Lombard Street, what's known as the 'crookedest street in the world' San Francisco.

gbgoodies 12-11-18 02:24 AM

Originally Posted by lenslady (Post 1973794)
I like easy ones @gbgoodies . So I think that is Lombard Street, what's known as the 'crookedest street in the world' San Francisco.

Correct. :up:

I was too young to drive it when I visited San Francisco, but at least I got to walk it. :)

lenslady 12-11-18 02:57 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quite a hike @gbgoodies

Well, ya know gbg; I like the idea of posting easy ones for a change. In fact, I think that' s what I' ll do for my next post. ( Maybe we should start a thread of ' how easy can you get?questions ;D)

Think I ' ll say good night,
to this thread anyways, with this location. Any mofo should be able to guess this one-

Stirchley 12-12-18 02:19 PM

Hollywood?

lenslady 12-12-18 02:40 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Originally Posted by Stirchley (Post 1974271)
Hollywood?

Yes, and this is the place where stars placed their foot and handprints - renamed a few times, but generally known as Grauman's Chinese Theatre

Your turn Stirch

Stirchley 12-12-18 02:48 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Stirchley 12-14-18 02:54 PM

Bump