Movie Forums (http://www.movieforums.com/community/index.php)
-   Ongoing Tournaments & Brackets (http://www.movieforums.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   A Song For September (http://www.movieforums.com/community/showthread.php?t=66741)

Chypmunk 08-25-22 01:07 PM

A Song For September

Same as was done in previous tournaments of this type.....
  • Join in and drop out as you please
  • No set number of nominations, nominate on the fly
  • Max song duration: 10 minutes
  • No individual matches means no random or host 'fixing' the matches
  • Only one nomination per person per 'round'
  • Only those with songs nominated in any 'round' are eligible to vote; except the 'Final' where all those that have previously nominated a song in the month may vote should they wish

Every couple of days will be a new 'round' where any and all newly nominated songs are up against each other. As soon as voting starts for one 'round' nominations will be accepted for the next 'round'.

Players vote by ranking all the songs in that 'round' from 1 (their favourite) to n (their least favourite). Songs will be awarded points based on their positional ranking in each vote (number of points will depend on the number of songs contesting the 'round' - if 10 songs #1 song would get 10 points, #10 song would get 1 point).

The winning song from each 'round' (or songs in the case of a tie) goes through to the 'Final' at the end of the month.

Songs that made it to previous 'finals' are ineligible -
list here  

Nominations need to be freely available to all participants, YouTube is most commonly used but any freely available and legal source is acceptable. Sometimes YouTube videos can be geo-blocked so where necessary an alternative link for those who might need it may be required. You can check if/where any YouTube vid has been geo-blocked via this website (link kindly provided by Torgo).

Simples but if any relevant questions just ask.

Chypmunk 08-25-22 01:09 PM

Re: A Song For September

Up early again so people can prep noms to play if interested. Assuming there's enough want to play (minimum reqd is 6 players) ROUND 1 will open for voting at 9 a.m. BST on September 1st - nominations accepted up to that point.

Chypmunk 08-25-22 01:15 PM

All my noms for this one will be song titles that are also film titles. No idea why, it's certainly not a requirement for anyone to do so - I just felt like being somewhat themed this time.

My R1 nom:
https://www.themoviedb.org/t/p/w188_...KY32UKMvoA.jpg

Not starring: Bob De Niro on vocals, Dakota Fanning on bass and Famke Janssen on drums...
13th Chime - Hide And Seek

pahaK 08-25-22 11:56 PM

Let's do (or at least start) one of these again. I have quite a few songs in mind (most will be hated by others, as usual). I'll start with something I very recently discovered and which shouldn't scare anyone away.

R1:
Twinkle - Terry

gbgoodies 08-26-22 01:32 AM

I'm in. :)

I'll post my nom either later tonight or tomorrow.

John-Connor 08-26-22 03:32 AM

R1
Thin Lizzy - The Boys Are Back In Town

Torgo 08-26-22 02:52 PM

Round 1:

Hatchie - Lights On

gbgoodies 08-27-22 12:29 AM

My Round 1 Nom:
Crowded House - Something So Strong

honeykid 08-27-22 08:37 AM

I can't tell atm if life is going to be plain sailing with me being able to participate in most rounds or completely chaotic and I'll miss the whole thing. But as this tournament suits that kind of thing, I'll put up a song for round 1 and hope for the best. :)

Lauran Hibberd – I'm Insecure

Tugg 08-27-22 09:04 AM

My Round 1 Nomination:
Karol G - Provenza

jiraffejustin 08-27-22 11:16 AM

EDIT: changing my nom

Captain Spaulding 08-29-22 05:34 PM

Round 1 nom:
Poppy - Scary Mask (ft. Fever 333)

Captain Spaulding 08-29-22 08:04 PM

Tagging participants from the last tournament:

@crumbsroom; @Sedai; @PHOENIX74; @ueno_station54; @ynwtf; @CaptainT

and @Rockatansky, who expressed interest in joining.

Rockatansky 08-29-22 11:20 PM

Ah, thanks for tagging me.

Round 1 nomination:
Peter Tosh - Stepping Razor

crumbsroom 08-30-22 12:23 AM

I'd nominate something, but I'm currently having a brain melt where I can't remember how to make a link out of a URL.

jiraffejustin 08-30-22 12:28 AM

Originally Posted by crumbsroom (Post 2328900)
I'd nominate something, but I'm currently having a brain melt where I can't remember how to make a link out of a URL.
Click on the quote button on one of the posts that has a link and look at it in the little reply box.

crumbsroom 08-30-22 12:37 AM

First nomination

The Supremes - My World Is Empty Without You

Sedai 08-30-22 09:58 AM

Round 1 NOM

Arch Enemy - In the Eye of the Storm

Death Proof 08-30-22 12:17 PM

How are you posting the link with different text? My editor doesn't seem to allow it.

jiraffejustin 08-30-22 12:21 PM

Originally Posted by Death Proof (Post 2328983)
How are you posting the link with different text? My editor doesn't seem to allow it.
Change the youtube link from the www. to m.