Movie Forums (http://www.movieforums.com/community/index.php)
-   Upcoming Movies & Sequels (http://www.movieforums.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Angels and Demons (http://www.movieforums.com/community/showthread.php?t=17386)

Aquadias 10-03-08 03:25 PM

Angels and Demons

Plot

Harvard symbologist Robert Langdon works to solve a murder and prevent a terrorist act against the Vatican.

Cast

Tom Hanks
Ayelet Zurer
Ewan McGregor
Stellan Skarsgard
David Pasquesi
Cosimo Fusco
Ursula Brooks
Armin Mueller-Stahl
Elya Baskin
Thure Lindhardt

Theaters: May 15, 2009

http://www.traileraddict.com/content...and_demons.jpg

Greg Hell 10-12-08 04:52 AM

Re: Angels and Demons

Great! I really loved this book, possibly more than Da Vinci Code - would love to see a movie as long as they can make it better than Da Vinci Dode was! They really butchered that one!

Caitlyn 10-14-08 09:51 AM

Cool poster.... Am a little curious about this one so I'll probably check it out if I can...

weishuang 10-14-08 12:26 PM

i don't even read the book,
just wish it's better than Da Vinci was

Neoxthexone 10-14-08 12:55 PM

Da Vinci Code was pretty good
Also whats Angels and Demons about??

n3wt 10-14-08 01:15 PM

Cool poster indeed this does sound very cool, I shall be giving it a go!

Silas 10-14-08 01:51 PM

Im really looking forward to the part in CERN and the Large Hadron Collider.

chris017 10-14-08 06:26 PM

I seem to love every film that Tom Hanks has been in so there is no doubt that I will be seeing this film. I have read the book and really enjoyed it so I hope the film is as good.

Mr. Metro 10-15-08 04:34 PM

Meh, The Da Vinci Code was boring.

bleacheddecay 10-21-08 11:13 PM

I agree the Da Vinci Code was not a great film. I was bored during it. The book was okay but I wasn't shocked by the reveal.

I was bothered that the characters just about never ate, slept or eliminated waste from their bodies. The suspension of disbelief was stretched way past the breaking point.

Angels and Demons was a bit better as a book for me. I hope that the movie is better as well.

GodsOtherMonkey 10-29-08 01:44 AM

The best thing about The Da Vinci Code was Hans' score. The main theme was really good. :cool:

I can’t read Dan Brown’s books. :nope: I tried Angels & Demons and I was laughing at it before I got to page ten. :rotfl: I have spent thirty years in theosophical studies and Dan Brown, for me, is a Johny come lately let’s make a quick buck off esoterica scam artist. :skeptical: That said, I thought Da Vinci code was okay light entertainment, as a film. I do like Hanks but thought he was miscast for the role. :sleep: I do like Stellan Skarsgård. I will watch it, but not on the big screen.

bleacheddecay 10-29-08 01:50 AM

Yeah, I know what you mean. I'm reading once of his books right now. A great deal of it, I'm skimming.

*sigh*

GodsOtherMonkey 10-29-08 03:12 AM

Sure has made mucho money off it, though. Makes him smarter than me.

Mr. Metro 10-29-08 07:45 PM

And everybody thought The Da Vinci Code was going to win an Oscar for best picture because it looked so good from the trailer!

It's all there: Tom Hanks, great score, good director. Would just hate to see the critics' faces when they left the early screening :laugh:

Mr. Metro 10-30-08 09:29 PM

The Trailer:
http://www.traileraddict.com/trailer...teaser-trailer

GodsOtherMonkey 10-31-08 12:01 AM

Adam Weishaupt is rolling over in his grave.:furiousdevil:

mark f 10-31-08 01:19 AM

Originally Posted by Mr. Metro (Post 472214)
And everybody thought The Da Vinci Code was going to win an Oscar for best picture because it looked so good from the trailer!

It's all there: Tom Hanks, great score, good director. Would just hate to see the critics' faces when they left the early screening :laugh:
Say what?

Bablegacon 11-07-08 10:20 AM

I never got around to seeing the first one.

Otth 11-08-08 03:07 PM

The best ting about reading The DaVinci Code and Angels & Demons is understanding all the references when reading the spoof novel “Madonna-gåten” by Knut Nærum, Elisabeth Botterli og Peder Udnæs. Dan Brown couldn’t have produced a bigger pile of literary garbage if he tried. I shouldn’t really complain. The book wasn’t written with people like me in mind, it is a book for the semi-illiterate masses witch goes for the lowest common denominator in its quest to hit the big chewy demographic center. With this said, it may be needless to say but after reading the book, I wasn’t the least shocked that the movie was just as large a piece of garbage. The thing I would find really shocking is if somebody was able to adapt Angels & Demons into a good film.

n3wt 02-23-09 04:39 PM

Im really looking forward to seening this movie, it looks like a awesome movie.