Movie Forums (http://www.movieforums.com/community/index.php)
-   The Television & Music Forum (http://www.movieforums.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   The Trailer Park Boys - Official Thread (http://www.movieforums.com/community/showthread.php?t=48911)

Joel 04-03-17 07:30 PM

The Trailer Park Boys - Official Thread

Unless there's already a thread. I've done a search and nada.

Here we can discuss the long running Trailer Park Boys TV show.

At its core, TPB is a very spiritual program. It's about loyalty and friendship. A mask is put over the underlying theme. A veil of crude humor, profanity and implied violence. But it's a quality show. It's "decent" and "greasy".

Recently, Lucy has left the show followed closely by J-Roc. Season 11 is on us now missing what I considered to be one of, if not thee, best character

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N68t7NvuTgQ

MissBlenerhassitt 06-21-17 08:40 PM

1 Attachment(s)
This is one of the funniest things I've seen for yonks, Julian's my favourite character 'cos he has a drink in his hand in virtually every scene even when he's just had a car crash,
but I like Ricky too

Joel 06-21-17 08:49 PM

Originally Posted by MissBlenerhassitt (Post 1722898)
This is one of the funniest things I've seen for yonks, Julian's my favourite character 'cos he has a drink in his hand in virtually every scene even when he's just had a car crash,
but I like Ricky too
It's a great show! If you haven't seen their latest special series of them in Europe on the bus, doing dares for pocket money, it's totally wotht it. Definitely a more subdued brand of comedy, but a perfect chill-out mentality with Ricky, Julian and Bubbles.

MissBlenerhassitt 06-21-17 10:10 PM

Re: The Trailer Park Boys - Official Thread

I will try and watch it, I'm currently happily working me way through series 9 on kodi

Joel 10-19-17 12:09 PM

R.I.P. Mr. Lahey.

John Dunsworth has passed away.

I'd say Trailer Park Boys has had a good run. Without Lahey, it'd be like Zeppelin without John Paul Jones.

doubledenim 10-19-17 12:16 PM

That is really sad to hear.

I've fallen out of love with TPB, but the early stuff is great. Mr. Lahey is one of my all-time favorite caharacters.

Joel 10-19-17 12:25 PM

Originally Posted by doubledenim (Post 1804776)
That is really sad to hear.

I've fallen out of love with TPB, but the early stuff is great. Mr. Lahey is one of my all-time favorite caharacters.
I agree that the later seasons of TPB's had gotten too zany adn not that funny, with the exception of S.9 being cool with Snoop. Once J.ROC left, I kind of lost interest, too. Surprisingly, I did enjoy TPB's in Europe, that NF special they did, which may still be on there. It didn't really have Lahey on there.

But now that Lahey is gone, Lucy's gone, and J.Roc are gone...it seems like the heart and soul of the show has taken a huge blow so...

doubledenim 10-19-17 12:30 PM

The Europe special was great. I don't know if they did this while on tour or specifically went there to film.

It worked so good for me because the trappings of the park get old after a while. I could listen to Ricky butcher the english language all day while Bubz gets his tummy.

Violetlvr 03-28-18 03:45 PM

I am so excited for season 12, the show is the greatest show of all time

Powdered Water 05-10-18 05:16 PM

Hadn't heard about Mr. Lahey dying. That's too bad. He was sooo funny. Just to lighten things up a bit, I feel like if Ricky knew about the internet and knew we talking about him. He's tell us all to get f*cked! What would Ricky's screen name be at Mofo?

Joel 05-15-18 06:36 AM

Originally Posted by Powdered Water (Post 1898802)
Hadn't heard about Mr. Lahey dying. That's too bad. He was sooo funny. Just to lighten things up a bit, I feel like if Ricky knew about the internet and knew we talking about him. He's tell us all to get f*cked! What would Ricky's screen name be at Mofo?
Hmm..
R. Appliansez?
G.FUCT?

doubledenim 11-30-18 01:36 AM

Originally Posted by Powdered Water (Post 1898802)
What would Ricky's screen name be at Mofo?

Cubic Zarcarbian

JoaoRodrigues 03-29-20 07:48 AM

After years of changing my co-workers desktop backgrounds to the picture of bubbles, I decided to start watching the series for the first time.

doubledenim 03-29-20 11:49 AM

You can stop after the 3rd season.

JoaoRodrigues 03-29-20 04:12 PM

Starting the second season, so far so good. Very low-budget creative stuff, never saw anything like it, seems like a mixture of Napolean Dynamite sarcasm and Shameless trash.

Cobra 10-09-20 12:26 PM

I think Countdown to Liqour Day is what I consider the finale. Not a happy ending, but fitting, like Seinfeld had.

Cobra 12-08-20 08:19 PM

Coming Soon.

Derek Vinyard 12-08-20 08:24 PM

Such a great show! I've watch them all probably 30 times, It's priceless.