Movie Forums (http://www.movieforums.com/community/index.php)
-   General Movie Discussion (http://www.movieforums.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Pulp Fiction (http://www.movieforums.com/community/showthread.php?t=151)

OG- 11-19-00 02:21 AM

Does anyone else know what was in the briefcase? We'll I just got done watching this again, and realized what it was. It was Walace's soul. When you think about it, it actually makes sense. He had a bandaid on his neck, where the soul left the body. What he did was he sold his soul to the devil. I think this because the combination to the case was 666. And Bruce Willis was selling his soul to him. Walace gave him money to take a dive, and he said once he committed the act he'd feel a little sting(his soul leaving his body). Well at least thats what I think the deal with the briefcase was.

thmilin 11-19-00 03:24 AM

while i remember some certain scenes of madness and amusement in the movie I do not remember anything about a briefcase. unless it was involved in the end and I just assumed it had money. all briefcases = money or vital documents unless someone specifically says what's in it and it's not those two. :)

well anyway, i'm just saying wow, you were paying attention to those details and wish I'd been in on that ... i like noticing intricate stuff like that and obviously you do too. ;)

ryanpaige 11-19-00 05:23 AM

Nobody knows what was in the briefcase. Even what's-his-face (Tarantino) says he doesn't know. The original plan was to have jewels in it, but they decided that the mystery of what was in the case would be better for the film and the audience. (And that seems to have worked).

By the way, I've seen the theory that it was Wallace's soul in the case before. Quentin has specifically denied that theory, though.

OG- 11-19-00 01:03 PM

Man I thought I had it figured out. Oh well it makes sense to me so I'll just be stubourn and keep thinking that.

Yoda 11-19-00 10:34 PM

I have yet to see this movie, but I have heard of that theory - sounds plenty interesting for sure. It's one of those riddles without an answer.

OG- 11-20-00 04:04 PM

Anyone else notice that every clock seen in the movie is set to 4:20? I found that pretty funny.

RoadRunner 11-20-00 05:09 PM

I didn't notice that clock thing.

I keep seeing "Plump Fiction" in the DVD store. I wonder if it is any good or just nasty.

thenightbringscharlie 01-10-13 10:51 AM

Re: Pulp Fiction

I'm not sure Where I remember hearing it from but I heard that Pulp fiction was the sequel to reviser dogs. but idk I could be wrong. You see True Romance?

Camo 01-10-13 12:11 PM

Originally Posted by thenightbringscharlie (Post 869519)
I'm not sure Where I remember hearing it from but I heard that Pulp fiction was the sequel to reviser dogs. but idk I could be wrong. You see True Romance?
I heard their set in the same universe because Vincent Vega (Travolta) and Vic Vega (Madsen) are cousins or something.

Blix the Goblin 01-10-13 02:57 PM

A priceless Scottish artifact. I think it's called a "MacGuffin."

Yoda 01-10-13 03:04 PM

Ah yes. The famous device used to hunt tigers in Scotland.

Holden Pike 01-10-13 03:27 PM

I just can't believe that in November of 2000, Yoda still hadn't gotten around to seeing Pulp Fiction yet!?!?

Yoda 01-10-13 03:35 PM

Hehehe. I think I ended up seeing it around 2002. And then like ten times since.

Sexy Celebrity 01-10-13 03:36 PM

He has Pulp Fiction issues. He keeps delaying the MoFo Pulp Fiction Live Chat we were supposed to have had in, like, September.

Yoda 01-10-13 03:39 PM

That's my bad, but largely for technical reasons. Actually, the Oscar chat thing should help.

Harry Lime 01-10-13 04:04 PM

His mom wouldn't let him see it - too many bad words.

How old were you again when you started this site, Yoda?

The Rodent 01-10-13 04:05 PM

I still haven't seen it.

Yoda 01-10-13 04:05 PM

:p I was allowed to watch R-rated films quite young.

I was 15 when I started the site. :eek:

Harry Lime 01-10-13 04:07 PM

Even R-rated films with gimps?

And that's pretty cool you started this great site at only 15 years old.

Yoda 01-10-13 04:07 PM

Especially R-rated films with gimps.