Movie Forums (http://www.movieforums.com/community/index.php)
-   Upcoming Movies & Sequels (http://www.movieforums.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Twilight (http://www.movieforums.com/community/showthread.php?t=16557)

MorbidPig 07-17-08 05:19 PM

Twilight

CAST:
Kristen Stewart
Robert Pattinson
Taylor Lautner
Billy Burke
Peter Facinelli
Elizabeth Reaser
Nikki Reed
Ashley Greene
Jackson Rathbone
Kellan Lutz

PLOT:
A teenage girl risks everything when she falls in love with a vampire.

Trailer:
http://www.traileraddict.com/trailer...teaser-trailer

http://hushgossip.com/wordpress/wp-c...ht-poster1.jpg

Opening in theaters on November 21, 2008

Count DeMoney 07-17-08 11:10 PM

Re: Twilight

Edward and his family put their lives at stake to protect her.
lol Vampire puts his life at stake...well...I thought it was clever!

mark f 07-17-08 11:32 PM

I thought vampires were undead, but I also thought they were the walking dead. I know you're thinking that zombies are the walking dead, but I've seen several vampires walking. They might fly at times, but I don't recall them ever being called "the flying dead". So, what do you think, can a vampire put up his life for another or is he putting up in his undeath, which I would probably find a restful way out, if I were a vampire?

Caitlyn 07-21-08 07:23 PM

I've seen a few vampires around here who thought they could fly...

Anyway, I have a teenage cousin that is constantly talking about the books and is now gaga over the movie...

n3wt 07-22-08 08:50 AM

I love vampire films and this looks quite good, ill give it a go.

n3wt 08-07-08 02:54 PM

This is hopefully going to blow blade out of the water.

Grizzly 08-07-08 03:08 PM

I'm incredibly skeptical of this movie. I confess, right off the bat, I haven't read the books - teen romance novels ain't exactly my cup of tea. The bits and pieces I've read here and there, the reviews from people besides young girls who all want their own Edwards to marry, etc - all haven't been pleasant. I'll probably see the movie just to see what the fuss is about, but I'm really not expecting much.

Then again, people do say this book was the best of the series, while the rest went more and more downhill... so I dunno. Have any of you guys read the books?

n3wt 08-08-08 11:48 AM

I havent read the books but from what ive read on this film im really looking forward to see it as it looks awsome.

FrodoBagginsDazzlesMe 08-11-08 07:03 PM

I'm so excited for Twilight!It's going to be a great movie!
I read all the books,except Breaking Dawn.
But I have it on hold at the library.

Dolores Haze 08-12-08 01:28 AM

I'm totally dragging my boyfriend to this movie. :)

The Spirit 08-12-08 01:36 AM

I am not sure i am looking forward to this.

Dolores Haze 08-12-08 01:48 AM

Originally Posted by The Spirit (Post 453428)
I am not sure i am looking forward to this.
You should be :D

The Spirit 08-12-08 02:41 AM

you know what? i change my mind. looks pretty great. :)

bleacheddecay 08-12-08 10:41 AM

Originally Posted by FrodoBagginsDazzlesMe (Post 453372)
I'm so excited for Twilight!It's going to be a great movie!
I read all the books,except Breaking Dawn.
But I have it on hold at the library.
Ditto!

I'm looking forward to the movie. I run a teen book club. I told them we'd do the book the month the movie comes out.

That way, like Golden Compass and Legend, we can read the book then see the movie.

Of course most of us have already read the book but it's a holiday month so that works out well too.

I can't say I'm thrilled with the casting so far. Still, the trailer looks good.

Caitlyn 09-10-08 01:42 PM

My cousin left me her Twilight series to read and they’re really not too bad… as long as you keep in mind the age group and possibly gender they’re aimed at…

Xui Wan 09-10-08 04:11 PM

I think this movie is going to do quite well. I believe Robert Pattinson has had a lot of criticism over this role as many people have certain ideas about what is attractive! I personally think he is perfect for the role and that it will prove to be a good movie... for teenage girls the rest of might just enjoi it some!

7thson 09-10-08 04:26 PM

Yeah the books are actually a "smooth" read. It seems more geared to the female reader of course, at least imo. That is not a bad thing though, it is a nice series.

Caitlyn 09-10-08 04:39 PM

Originally Posted by 7thson (Post 461425)
It seems more geared to the female reader of course, at least imo.

I thought so too... but Bella is telling the story so it's almost unavoidable. My cousin said she read the author (name escapes me right now) was thinking about doing the series from Edward's point a view too... not sure how true that is though.

7thson 09-10-08 11:36 PM

The amazing things about these books are:

1. The connection the reader makes with the main character, sure the vocabulary is a bit simplistic, but she is a highschool student communicating with us. Very nice.

2. The POV and the strict adherence to it. Sure, sometimes I got a bit nauseated at how much she loves Edward and how "we" have to hear about it every other sentence, but that tiresome plot soon draws you in and hell even I wanted to kiss him. (Well not really, but was close ;) )

3. They move fast and I am glad I read them after they were all published, would have sucked to have waited.:)

Caitlyn 10-14-08 09:38 AM

My cousin informed me a new trailer was up....

Twilight Trailer

and... she also talked me into taking her and several of her teenage friends to see this when it comes out... Heaven help me.... :p